• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Just reinstalled VirtualBox, after last weeks fiasko, because i needed to test something directly from USB-Stick.

Did you know, that if you want an undo drive in VBox you have to start a seperate program? And of course, it wouldn't be user unfriendly enough, if it weren't a commandline tool!
In every other VM, that's a single checkmark, here it turns into a keyboard orgy. ;)

Also great to find out about all those unmentioned exceptions, under which it won't work. If the image is not yet registered with VBox, it will not work. If it is known to VBox, but already associated with a VM, it won't work, even though the VM isn't running.

And while on the topic of HDD images, did you ever try to make a copy of a image and attach one to VM A and the other to VM B?
Piece of cake in VMWare and VirtualPC. VBox won't let you do that.
What? You wanna run a network of 5 VM? Ok set up each individually! :frusty:

Would someone please explain to me, why:
A.) Oracle can't produce a usable piece of saftware? They have the money and copying from the competition, can't be that hard!
B.) Everyone keeps praising this piece of garbage? :ranting2:

:cheers:

#2 neozeed

neozeed
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:retrocomputing, virtualization, OS/2, qemu, dosbox, simh
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

I donno, I just cloned my windows 2000 vm a few times by right clicking and hitting clone... Maybe I'm just used to insane interfaces.
  • Ziru likes this

#3 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi Medevil,

Vmware and (to a less degree if you ask me) MS VirtualServer are profesional products and therefore, their free products are benefiting from a massive feedback from the profesional IT's feedback.

Vbox is a free product, not (or less) benefiting from the profesional IT's feedback hence explaining why (may be) it has less features?

At least this would my view :)

I use ESXi from Vmware everyday at work and I am very happy to find the same features, stability, etc at home with vmware free products.

Regards,

Erwan

• Brito likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users