File Name: nettyPE
File Submitter: NetFanTom
File Submitted: 18 Oct 2011
File Updated: 09 Nov 2011
File Category: Projects
boot netty Win7PE from CDDVD, HDD, USB, Network(LAN) and start a PXE server.
Download: nettyPE_2011_11_07.zip (129 MB)
1st WinPE generating for repair, recovery and setup purposes
2nd WinPE boot from CDDVD, USB, HDD (WinRE) or network (LAN)
3rd RAM usage as low as possible with as much comfort
4th Possibility to start a PXE Server
The basis is Win7PE_SE_2011_10_20
Thanks to ChrisR, Lancelot, Homes32, JFX, YahooUK, NightMan and all the others for the excellent work.
The source is Win7 DVD SP0 and SP1, x86 and x64
- µExplorer as Shell
- FBWF cache size: 32 MB
- 1 - Copy Files Copy: Standard
- Boot.wim file ~ 175 MB
- Using the PortableApps.com_EXE script to use portable apps outside the boot.wim
- DiskImages01 - 04 for multiple boot
- Preference of grub4dos menus; the map function provides a better memory usage
- PXE_Netbooting_script for network booting (PXE)
- 1-50_Optimizations.script changed to eliminate static computer name
required for different names in the network
- USBDeviceBCD.script v20 causes that first the BCD boot manager runs from USB.
If F12 key to bring up the boot menu is used, the boot sequence can be first HD and then USB.
In the latter case, the USB drive is not the first drive.
The BCD boot manager sets the USB drive as the first drive, then Win7PE or grub4dos can be started.
I think this compilation is usable. Win7PE in
configuration shown is used extensively by me for a long time:
- Win7PE universally on CDDVD
- USB Win7PE on minimal media size
- Win7PE simply copy to a first NTFS partition.
Change the partition id to x27.
Use the Recovery Environment (WinRE) to save and restore the win-image.
- Win7PE use as diskless Rescue system on a network via PXE
Please go to the main topic and read also the useful tips
Click here to download this file