- I want a RAM disk to be automatically created and formatted when Windows starts up.Spoiler
- I want my auto-created RAM disk to be pre-loaded with a disk image file.Spoiler
- Image file for my auto-created RAM disk is small and I want RAM disk expanded to larger size automatically.Spoiler
- How do I save a RAM disk as a disk image file from command line?Spoiler
- I want a RAM disk that should be kept in physical memory at all times and never swapped out to disk. Or, I want to create a RAM disk that uses memory above "lost" 4 GB on 32 bit Windows versions. Can ImDisk do that?Spoiler
- When I delete files from my RAM disk memory still seems to be used. What is wrong?Spoiler
- I would like to mount a vhd file from Microsoft Virtual PC, Virtual Server, Hyper-V etc. Can ImDisk do that?Spoiler
- I would like to mount an image file of another format, for example vmdk or vdi. Could ImDisk do that?Spoiler
- I try to mount an image file named something.bin and it does not work. What could be wrong?Spoiler
- My image file has a master boot record with partition table. When I mount it using Control Panel applet it asks me which partition to mount, but this does not seem to work from command line.Spoiler
- I would like to mount a virtual disk to a subdirectory on my hard disk instead of using a drive letter. How to do that?Spoiler
- When I try to use the rawcopy program to save disk contents as image file, I get corrupt image files that cannot be mounted later. What is wrong?Spoiler
- I would like to script a silent install of ImDisk, but when I try imdiskinst.exe -y it still shows a message box at end of setup. Is there a way to avoid all kind of user interaction during setup?Spoiler
- Is there any step-by-step guide to creating a RAM disk at system startup?Spoiler
Edited by Olof Lagerkvist, 2 weeks ago.
Added info about DiscUtilsDevio /mount switch and changed "bullet list" to "numbered list"