#201 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14323 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Does some technique, which would enable us to use virtual memory mechanishms also while running live Pe projects? I know, that i can not use my USB external harddisk for pagefile.sys, when i have tried it from running installed Windows7, System have been quickly rebooted very shortly after system reboot, when i applied new settings, when i have specified location of virtual memory on my NTFS formatted external USB harddrive.

Check DiskMod:
http://reboot.pro/9461/

:cheers:
Wonko

#202 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi,

Decided to try latest version of multiPE.
I am running on (host) Windows 7 (x64) using Windows 7 (x86) as a source. Using default settings when I run I get ImDisk is not installed. I have the latest version of ImDisk installed (verison 1.5.7), if I uncheck use Ram Disk and then run I get VirtualBox is not installed, I have the latest version of VirtualBox installed (version 4.1.8).

So I cannot get a build with mostly default settings. Any input or ideas welcome. I have attached a log if that's any help.

Regards,
niche99

#203 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Dear ammazing developers and tutorial writers,

I Am visually impaired user and because of somebody of us, who are very kind and supportive to visually impaired users, i AM able to use Yours live projects for system administration tasks.
Now, I Am fighting with runscanner.script.
I Am helpless to integrate this script properly to The MULTIPE12 project.
I can not integrate Runscanner.script from LIVEXP latest stable project to The Multipe12 project.
The problem is, that I AM getting error message, that btcbd.exe can not be copyed from my source installation directory with Windows XP. The file name is may be a little different, but this is causing script Runscanner.script not to run correctly.
So i am forced to use Runscanner.script from other live project. From Win7PE_nvda2.
The direct download link for downloading The script is here.

http://dl.dropbox.co...annerram.script
The Win7PE_nvda2 can be downloaded from here.

http://dl.dropbox.co...Win7PE_nvda2.7z

AND Multipe12 project can be downloaded from here.

http://dl.dropbox.co.../multiPE_12.zip

This script can be executed without errors while integrating it and while running MULTIPE12 project, but there is other issue.
The context menu item open with run scanner can not execute module which should be executed by using Runscanner.exe.
Windows Xp is being displaing dialog box, which is requiring me to specifi, which program must be used for starting application from NTFS volume, which i want to run remotely by using Runscanner..
Only remote regedit is working smoothly from The desktop while running project created by MULTIPE12.
This project is onlyone, which is able to use NVDA from live XP with sound support, other versions are not working and there are no other XP project, which can do this.

My goal is to run some applications from offline XP hostso i would use system restore for Windows Xp on offline XP operating system, which become unusable.
Yes, i know, that i can use registry files from
System volume information
directory to backup some registry files in The case of system crasch, but my dream is to run system restore for Windows Xp from running project based on MULTIPE12
And to use this tool for system restoration of offline XP operating system to make full restoration by using system restore.
I Am very near to my goal.
I have tried runscanner to execute rstrui.exe from offline XP host, but i Am fighting with The fact, that system restore service is not included in The multipe12 project, so rstrui is displaiing error message, that system restore tool can not protect Your computer, restart Your computer and run system restore again.

Without using runscanner tool, application will not react at all, because it can not use important data files.

Live projects based on Windows XP or Windows7 are our replacement for Windows safe mode. Because there is no programmers method to use screen readers with sound devices in standard Windows safe mode, live projects are enabling us, visually impaired users while using runscanner to perform many various system administration tasks.
If projects based on thos PE will be developed, may be, that we would even use add or remove software to remove programs installed by using Microsoft Windows installer from offline XP host or Windows7 host.

But this is for now a little dream and software science fiction.
But i think, that it is important to use runscanner and other service integration to live XP or Windows7 PE projects to enable full system administration freedom.

What do You think about my dreams and ideas?
Would somebody of us try to help me integrating runscanner correctly to MULTIPE12 so i would run services.msc from offline XP host to start system restore service on The remote host?

Thank You very much, You are helping many sighted and also non sighted users.

With kindness regards.
Janusz Chmiel

#204 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Dear developers,
Here are direct download links, some not soft algorithms are blocking me from public Dropbox direct download links on this forum and also on other forums.

MULTIPE12
runscannerRAM

If it is made by moderators because of licensing issues, i AM very sorry, i will public only download links to The projects, which are officially published on Winbuilder servers.
So please excuse my behaviour, my goal is not publisch inproperly modified projects or even publisch illegal content on those forums.

When i Am giving direct download links to The projects, .zip files or .7Z or scripts are unmodifiied by me, i Am appreciating all authors of all script and utilities.

#205 MrChucong™

MrChucong™

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Life Or Death
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

thank you
I'll try and make the app script for it

#206 roynals

roynals
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

Does it support Win8 CP version?

Edited by roynals, 07 March 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#207 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hi,

Decided to try latest version of multiPE.
I am running on (host) Windows 7 (x64) using Windows 7 (x86) as a source. Using default settings when I run I get ImDisk is not installed. I have the latest version of ImDisk installed (verison 1.5.7), if I uncheck use Ram Disk and then run I get VirtualBox is not installed, I have the latest version of VirtualBox installed (version 4.1.8).

So I cannot get a build with mostly default settings. Any input or ideas welcome. I have attached a log if that's any help.

Regards,
niche99

Please append both logs?

Peter

#208 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Does it support Win8 CP version?

Yes it processes win8 CP like any other xp, vista, win7 source.

Just define win8 CP as source cd and build the project.

win8 CP PE has several glitches, I do not work on, before at least a win8 RC.

Peter

#209 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Now, I Am fighting with runscanner.script.
I Am helpless to integrate this script properly to The MULTIPE12 project.
I can not integrate Runscanner.script from LIVEXP latest stable project to The Multipe12 project.

Why do you not try multiPE download version 21 (actual version 23)?

Peter

#210 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Please append both logs?

Peter

I have attached the log.html. I am not sure which other log I should attach.

Regards,
niche99

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   4.45KB   306 downloads

#211 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

I have attached the log.html. I am not sure which other log I should attach.

Regards,
niche99

Sorry, I was not clear enough. I meant:
#1: When it aborts with the "Imdisk" message"
#2: (After unchecking RAMDISK) when it aborts with the "Virtual Box" message.

The log you attached: If I understand correctly you try (or did try in the previous build) to build the target in RAM. That is an option you should not use before the "Standard On Disk Target" runs.
Maybe that gives the troubles you mention.

Please try again with a "factory settings" project.

Peter

#212 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Sorry, I was not clear enough. I meant:
#1: When it aborts with the "Imdisk" message"
#2: (After unchecking RAMDISK) when it aborts with the "Virtual Box" message.

The log you attached: If I understand correctly you try (or did try in the previous build) to build the target in RAM. That is an option you should not use before the "Standard On Disk Target" runs.
Maybe that gives the troubles you mention.

Please try again with a "factory settings" project.

Peter

Hi,

I see no indication/advice that I should perform a "Standard On Disk Target" before RAM Target on the default information given with the project.
I am unclear exactly what you mean by "Standard On Disk Target" and "Factory settings". As far as I can see RAM Target is mandatory, uncheckable.
How do I restore "Factory Settings"?

I have attached a log when Imdisk not found error.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   12.66KB   295 downloads

#213 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

There are some strange variable definitions in your log, like
%WimMajor%=%WimMajor%, rather than %WimMajor%=6

The log does not tell how this happened, but the real advice would be:
Delete the %BaseDir%, do a new download and start again

But let's try to use the built-in "Factory Settings" Restore of multiPE:
  • In the project tree, navigate to Tools > WB Manager
  • In the middle panel, in the combo box, choose "FactorySettings_Win7
  • In the middle panel, click "Restore Set" and wait, until the WinBuilder GUI is refreshed
  • In the project tree, navigate to Tools > CleanUp
  • Make sure, that "Reset Variables ..." is checked.
    All other checkboxes are unimportant, but optionally you can uncheck "Recursiv" if checked. That saves you some minutes.
  • Click "Clean"
  • Click the WinBuilder GUI "Source" tab and define your source CD path
  • Start build the project.
    Usually you get the message that because of "some changes" you have to restart the build. Do so.
Usually the project should build and run in an emulator.

Peter

#214 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Dear ammazing Peter,
I Am very, very happy, that You are back among us and that You cand discuss with us and that You can realize Your excelent intelectual potential in The field of ICT.

My pleasment is may be a little strange, but i would like to explain my pleasment.

As You know, sighted users are having chance to repair Windows XP by running Windows safe mode.
Yes, it is not miracle for repairing everythink situation, but i love one ammazing aspect of running Windows XP in safe mode.
User can use Windows system restore service. So sighted user can use this service and if system restore service have not been disabled in the time, when disaster became,thank's system restore service, user is able to use this service to restore his system.

Live PE projects are for us somethink like running Windows in safe mode. Offline operating system is ready for performing some system administration tasks. But my pleasment is.

Would You try to deeply think about possibility to run system restore service from The offline XP host?
You have added special Windows service program, which is able to control host system, but i did not understand, how to specifi right The host name.
My dream is may be not easy to make it could come true, but my idea is i think goodly thinked.

1. Multipe project should support IExplore6 to integrate necessary object libraryes and other dlls, which system restore service is using to display The calendar with restore points.
I can copy necessary dlls for system restore to work in live session by using rAM disk.
The biggest problem is to start system restore service remotely and also The rstrui.exe remotely, so this program would watch to The restore points awailable on The offline XP host.

My idea may be would require to make somethink better than scan remote, because it is not possible to use this program for example to force some .cpl programs to execute properly, and if control.exe is executed by using this program from Paraglider, add or remove programs applet can not be used, offline host installed programs are not displaied.

Are my dreams really out of The borders of The possibilities, which PE environment can realize?

I think, that atleast rstrui.exe would be executed successfully by adding Iexplore6 script, it is not necessary to add IE8 script. The issue would be, if only running system restore service on The remove host and running rstrui.exe by using runscanner context menu would be enough to choose The restore point previously created on The offline XP host.

I know, that i can copy registry hives from System Volume Information folder to The right directory, but this is not replacing full system restoration, because system restore service is able to backup The NTFS image.
I Am ready to constructively debug this feature, but dear and kind Peter, i must really use Multipe12, latest PE is not cooperating with NVDA, really no, and i AM like, that i have saved MultiPE12. You have added nice button to The first treelevel item but after activating this button and after press The play button, NVDA or other components are not extracted to The live PE.

Thank You very much for YOurs patience with Me.

The offline XP host remote service feature would according to my ideas help other sighted system administrators, because after using
chkdsk /f c:
When running Multipe created live project, system restorewould work safely, because NTFS file system would be intact.
Using this feature is much more faster than using Windows unattended install even with previously prepared unattended installation CD with some applications preinstalled.
I believe, that if it is not possible, You would tell me why, because You are man full of proffesionality and patience.
Special script for adding IE6 support is awailable inside NaughtPE project.

#215 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

There are some strange variable definitions in your log, like
%WimMajor%=%WimMajor%, rather than %WimMajor%=6

The log does not tell how this happened, but the real advice would be:
Delete the %BaseDir%, do a new download and start again

But let's try to use the built-in "Factory Settings" Restore of multiPE:

• In the project tree, navigate to Tools > WB Manager
  • In the middle panel, in the combo box, choose "FactorySettings_Win7
  • In the middle panel, click "Restore Set" and wait, until the WinBuilder GUI is refreshed
  • In the project tree, navigate to Tools > CleanUp
  • Make sure, that "Reset Variables ..." is checked.
    All other checkboxes are unimportant, but optionally you can uncheck "Recursiv" if checked. That saves you some minutes.
  • Click "Clean"
  • Click the WinBuilder GUI "Source" tab and define your source CD path
  • Start build the project.
    Usually you get the message that because of "some changes" you have to restart the build. Do so.
Usually the project should build and run in an emulator.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I followed your instructions. The project builds but fails to boot in QEmu with ntoskrnl.exe is missing error.
I have attached the log. The errors listed say not enough space on disk. I have 342GB free space on the D drive and 35GB free on the C Drive.

Regards,
niche99

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   92.5KB   284 downloads

#216 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

The errors in the log show, that there is not enoug space on the target drive Z:

Therefore truelly some files etc. are missing.

The final PE cannot run successfully.

Peter

#217 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

I Am ready to constructively debug this feature, but dear and kind Peter, i must really use Multipe12, latest PE is not cooperating with NVDA, really no, and i AM like, that i have saved MultiPE12. You have added nice button to The first treelevel item but after activating this button and after press The play button, NVDA or other components are not extracted to The live PE.

That I did not know yet :frusty:

Please have the patience to let me use my way to solve it:

Firts step, to bring NVDA ro run under latest multiPE again.
Second step: Trying to realize your ideas with iexplore6 and runscanner.

Peter

#218 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

The errors in the log show, that there is not enoug space on the target drive Z:

Therefore truelly some files etc. are missing.

The final PE cannot run successfully.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Drive Z is created by MultiPE using the default options for the project, as it's label is RAMTarget with a size of 499MB and 257MB free space.
How to resolve this error?

Regards,
niche99

#219 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hi Peter,

Drive Z is created by MultiPE using the default options for the project, as it's label is RAMTarget with a size of 499MB and 257MB free space.
How to resolve this error?

Regards,
niche99

You have an old reminder of RAMTarget in your project.

script.project:[Main]:UseRamTarget=True

There is a glitch in the clean tool, to not remove this. I'll fix it.

Currently you can do it manually: Just delete the above line.

BTW: Please make sure that in Core > 1 - Core Basics > RamTarget, the check box is unchecked. (Should be done by "Factory settings", but there might be a glitch)

Peter

#220 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

You have an old reminder of RAMTarget in your project.

There is a glitch in the clean tool, to not remove this. I'll fix it.

Currently you can do it manually: Just delete the above line.

BTW: Please make sure that in Core > 1 - Core Basics > RamTarget, the check box is unchecked. (Should be done by "Factory settings", but there might be a glitch)

Peter

Hi Peter,

That fixed things. I can now build and boot in QEmu.
Excellent work as always Peter.

Regards,
niche99

#221 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Dear ammazing Peter,
Would You have atleast a little time to find The procedure, how to use NVDA with latest MUltipe project?
The Multipe23.zip updated on 31.DEc 2011 is not integrating NVDA.
if You have found out, that NVDA can work, please let Me know The steps, which will enable me to integrate NVDA.
Because my idea of system restore is very probably only a good matter for dreaming, i will try to experiment with this myself, and if i will find atleast a little solution, i will let You know.

The problem is to know all Runscanner.exe command line options and there is may be The chance, That somebody very clever would had to try to develope some similar little .exe like The runscanner to for example run add or remove programs appled from offline XP host, to run .msc modules from remote XP hosts, ETC. And also finally, to run system restore from offline XP hosts.

The problem is, that runscanner.exe C language source code is very probably not awailable. And develope somethink similar from scratch is very probably not easy task.
I will be very happy for some constructive cooperation, because i believe, that running system administration tasks from offline xXP hosts would be very nice not only for visually impaired users and system administrators.

Thank You very much for Yours attempts and thinkink about my ideas.
With kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel

#222 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

I'm currently working on uploading multiPE version 024.

The NVDA part is working well, including sound output on USB headset when running PE from USB or CD.

I have some troubles with detecting WAIK with Vista sources.

I think that multiPE version 24 can be released soon.

Peter

#223 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Dear ammazing and kind Peter,
Thank You very, very much for Yours kind work.
I Am aware, that USB headsets will work only if Windows Xp source will be selected.
I will try to find The way, how to run system restore from offline XP host myself. But because You are The man full of programmers experience.
Do You think, that this can be done may be on future? Or i would get in to many complex troubles?
I know, that system restoration process is very memory comsuming tasks, so lets dream, that target system will have more than 1 GB of RAM awailable.
The positive fact is, that very friendly NT kernel and The many condition blocks of various memory related errors can protect The users.
It is The reason, why i love The algorithms, which are responsible for generating various error messages. The best error of NT kernel is, that some device driver caused so dramatical error, that NT kernel had to stop The system to protect user data.
So i have wrought a little article in Czech language named Windows XP like a friendly authority.
I have even found out other ammazing behaviour of NT kernel.

If services.exe caused so crytical error, that system must kill this process, The NT authority module can recall The system shutdown also to protect data. I like, that NVDA screen reader can access those rrrors and that NT kernel is not killing NVDA so fast, co i am also informed about those rrrors.

I Am ready to test Windows8 sound support, i know, that it is necessary to patiently wait, till Windows8 release candidate will be released.

But i Am sad, because Microsoft will very probably release this operating system only for their MSDN partners or for developers.

I really like The fact, that NT kernel is working like a user friendly authority, which is triing to take care about The users safety while working with their data.
This is having very important psychological meaning.

Old operating systems only contained very limited programmers tools for controlling and fetching various error conditions, so data would be very ramdomly corrupted.

I wisch You much success with detecting Windows WAIK sources. I know, that some users are like this possibility to get NT kernel and other modules, but i have found out, that project based on Waik can not include explorer.exe and desktop.

But You are very, very kind and deeply intelligent man and i think, that You will be able to solve also this.

I Am using Windows Xp installation media or Windows7 trial media, when it could be possible to legally obtain Windows7 trial DVDS from Microsoft WEB site.

Thank You very much for Yours hard programmers work on YOurs project.

#224 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

multiPE project version 24 is uploaded.
http://reboot.pro/files/file/61-multipe/
  • Fixed glitches in WimInfo and ImageIndex due to path names with spaces
  • Added "define fixed MAC adddress" to VirtualBox emulator script.
  • Reanimated NVDA functionality (has been lost anywhen after version 12.
  • Now in "real world" NVDA can output voice sound to USB headset (Previously only possible in emulator).
  • Different smaller enhancements.
Peter

#225 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Sorry, some mistake :frusty:

The new file is delivered, but the link still pointed to version 23.
My stupid "understanding" of how the forum's software (especially the target-combo-box) works.

yyy.gif

Fixed now.

Peter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win7pe, vistape, multiboot, pe3, livecd, pe2, pe1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users