JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

Dear Peter,

Yours latest stable MULTIPE is really outstanding. Because i have configured it to allocate as little RAM as possible when XP source have been selected, i could use it with NVDA even with The system which have been equipped with only 256 MB of RAM. And i could perform my favourite chkdsk /f /r c: Command. But i have one very, very big plea to You.

Would You try to release new MULTIPE version, which would enable me to use modern harddisks connected to The main board by using SATA controllers?

I Am afraid, that current MULIPE do not contain The necessary mass storage drivers, so eventhough many SATA drivers are being provided, it is not enough to make modern harddisks recognisable by The NT kernel when booting live CD based on XP source.

Or, there is second possibility, script for adding SATA drivers must be chosen by Winbuilder context menu.

It would be gread, if support of modern harddisks would be possible at least like a choice from some Winbuilder script.

What do You think about my plea?

I can not help myself, but classic explorer.exe from XP is The best tool for blind users to browse files of The corrupted systems. And because UI automation do not have to be used by screen reader to get necessary information about chosen file or folder, browsing by communicating with syslistwiev32 class name without UI automation is really much more faster. I also love detailed list style of Windows Explorer from Windows XP.

I can not modify LX155 which You have made to run faster to use NVDA.

I can never get NVDA to work and combining scripts from MULTIPE with LXP155 which You have redesign to work faster can not be simply used.

I can not combine myself The necessary scripts to enable support of modern harddisks.

Thank You very much for Yours help and answers.

With kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel

#577 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12688 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Version 78 is online.

Some smaller bugs are fixed which could become active in the first builds.

The project is closed now.

Following the fact that WinBuilder 8x is no longer supported, also multiPE support ended.

Peter

#578 Chris_H

Chris_H
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    England

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

Version 78 is online.

Some smaller bugs are fixed which could become active in the first builds.

The project is closed now.

That's a shame, because v78 fails to boot for me (BSOD after stuck on the Windows boot screen for some time), while v77 works just fine.  (I've tried every variation I can think of to make it work.)

Following the fact that WinBuilder 8x is no longer supported, also multiPE support ended.

Bah, WinBuilder 2015 doesn't even boot for me on 50% of machines I try it on (says it can't find the boot drive or something), where-as old WinBuilder projects were usually very reliable.

#579 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

That's a shame, because v78 fails to boot for me (BSOD after stuck on the Windows boot screen for some time), while v77 works just fine.  (I've tried every variation I can think of to make it work.)

Bah, WinBuilder 2015 doesn't even boot for me on 50% of machines I try it on (says it can't find the boot drive or something), where-as old WinBuilder projects were usually very reliable.

Verbesserung/Schlimmbesserung/Verschlimmbesserung?  :w00t: :ph34r:

:duff:

Wonko

#580 Chris_H

Chris_H
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    England

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

@Wonko

Sorry, I don't speak German.  (And neither does Google Translate, apparently.)

#581 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:34 AM

@Wonko

Sorry, I don't speak German.  (And neither does Google Translate, apparently.)

It was only a quick joke for Peter. :)

Verbesserung means "bettering", "improvement".

German has also two other words, Schlimmbesserung (little used AFAIK)  and Verschlimmbesserung (more used I believe):
http://krautblog-ulr...mbesserung.html

http://betterthaneng...sserung-german/

https://en.wiktionar...chlimmbesserung

that both mean "disimprovement" or "worsening" :w00t:, but it has somehow the meaning that it is the result of someone attempting (often with good will, and in good faith)  to improve something, but failing at it :ph34r: and thus make it worse than before.

Wonko

#582 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12688 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

I'm not sure whether you want to get help, or just complain?

To 1:

"I've tried every variation" is just a non-constructive complain giving no chance to help. :whistling: Please enum the hundreds of variations you tried.

It is not wise to want to have allways the latest version of an application, independent of you want to fix an issue of the current install.

Never change a running system!

Why using v78 when v77 fullfills your requirements? :dubbio:

To 2:

Same common complain w/o useful information:

How many machines do not boot with WB 2015? What's the type of the test machines? MBR or GPT? BIOS or EFI?

Please give an usable table wich can help to find the common property prohibiting a regular boot.

BTW: "Winbuilder 2015" has no logical connection to the current topic.

Peter

@Wonko: w/o more information I have no opinion whether v78 is a Verschlimmbesserung.

#583 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

To be fair it can be rendered in a shorter form, like, you know :

BTW: "Winbuilder 2015" has no logic

:jaclaz:

Wonko

#584 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12688 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

To be fair it can be rendered in a shorter form, like, you know :

BTW: "Winbuilder 2015" has no logic

Let's close this discussion with my final statement (in order not to exceed the reboot.pro server's capacity with endless discussions) :lol:

Du hast Recht und ich meine Ruhe!

(Google translates to nonsens. It cannot solve the "hast"  related to two items.

The sence: You are right and I relax.

Peter

#585 Chris_H

Chris_H
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    England

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

@pscEx

I'm not sure whether you want to get help, or just complain?

Ummm, neither?  I'm mainly reporting the problems I had, in the hope that (1) it might be useful to you or others, (2) I thought you might like to know about problems with it (whether or not development has stopped - maybe you'll want to revert to v77?), and (3) the small hope you might be able to suggest something or possibly even do something.

To say I was "complaining" would suggest that I thought I'd been wronged by you somehow, but that would be rather strange when you generously provided that program for free...  (I am a freeware developer myself, so I have some idea how much effort it takes to release something for free.)

"I've tried every variation" is just a non-constructive complain giving no chance to help. :whistling: Please enum the hundreds of variations you tried.

I didn't take any notes, and I didn't think it would be helpful anyhow since I was just making wild guesses.  It would be better if I could somehow identify where it was BSODing, and then work backwards to the cause, but I don't know how to do that unless Windows is booting off a HD (and so has a permanent log file).

My comment was merely meant to indicate that I'd made "reasonable effort" to get it to work, and had run out of ideas.

It is not wise to want to have allways the latest version of an application, independent of you want to fix an issue of the current install.

I hadn't used any version until I tried it this week.  v78 was the first version I tried, and it didn't work.  In desperation I tried v77, and that worked straight away to my surprise.

The latest version isn't always NECESSARY, but it is NICE to have the latest version, especially since it may fix various bugs.

Same common complain w/o useful information:

How many machines do not boot with WB 2015? What's the type of the test machines? MBR or GPT? BIOS or EFI?

Please give an usable table wich can help to find the common property prohibiting a regular boot.

The connection seems logical to me, since you said "Following the fact that WinBuilder 8x is no longer supported, also multiPE support ended."  As far as I am aware, WB 8x was discontinued in favour of WB 2015.

I never intended to derail the thread with WB 2015 discussion, so I won't elaborate further.

P.S.  This editor seems to have the annoying habit of converting "(b)" into an Emotion, and then badly undo it to "( B)" afterwards. :(

Edited by cluecop, 22 June 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#586 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12688 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

@cluecop

Appearently it depends on my bad English, that on your first post got the impression, that you are a "professional complainer".

Your last post changed my opinion.

Currently I have only one idea, why v78 boot failes, while v77 is ok: Maybe it is a corrupted (upload >>) download.

I'm going to check next week.

Sorry for my wrong assumption.

Peter

#587 Chris_H

Chris_H
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    England

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Currently I have only one idea, why v78 boot failes, while v77 is ok: Maybe it is a corrupted (upload >>) download.

I'm going to check next week.

Did you ever check this?  (But I'm doubtful that was the cause.)

P.S.  The account verification emails NEVER arrive at GMail addresses (I tried tens of times), but some other email providers are OK.  I guess that there is some problem with your email server, which causes GMail to be 100% certain it's spam.  From a quick check:  Your "reboot.pro" domain name has *no* MX records, so likely GMail considers your email server as unauthorised, and so rejects emails automatically.

Edited by cluecop, 08 August 2016 - 07:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win7pe, vistape, multiboot, pe3, livecd, pe2, pe1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users