Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Dear Peter,
Thank You very much for Yours repair.
I Am very, very glad, that You are back among Us.

I have one programmers pleasment to You.

Would You try to explain me and other members of this discussion forum, how program Windows service included with Yours Multipe project can be used for starting services from installed XP, which resides on A computer harddisk?
I have found out, that Windows services is including special method for running services remotely. Or running them remotely means, that this tool can be only used for starting services by using network connections between several computers?

I will start to experiment with Ie6.script, which is The part of Naughtype project, if IE6 would be integrated to Multipe resulted live .iso image.
I will try to find all awailable command line options of run scanner, if some remote administration tasks would be performed, such as running add or remove programs remotely, running system restore remotely and also running services.msc remotely.

I know, that somebody of us would think, that i Am triing to replace The Windows safe mode feature, and that i can not fully replace this feature myself.
Yes, You would have true. But MULtipe and other PE based projects are really my replacemnt for Windows Safe mode. I can not use sound devices and in some cases, Windows can not be even run in safe mode.

I Am planning to realize my dreams by including special .sys driver, which is capable to enable Windows to use USB harddisk as a virtual memory file storage. .Sys file really exists and i think, that if i will be patient, i will be able to do my best so my dreams related to The system administration freedom also for visually impaired users would be come true.

#227 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Dear Peter,
I would like to congratulate You for Yours achievement. Multipe24 is really supporting NVDA reliably. And resulted .iso image is having less size than when using Multipe12 project. Yes, You have been very probably forced not to use .img file creation algorithm, but resulted project is working excellently.

So thank You very much. I Am dreaming about IE6.script created by someone and incorporated inside The naughtype project, if it would be possible to integrate it to Multipe24.
Very well done, excellent job dear Peter.

#228 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

A changed version 24 is uploaded (internally version 25)
  • :Added IE_06_saydin77.script
  • fixed bug when changing source CD language
Peter

#229 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Dear Peter,
Very wel done. Ammazing work, Internet Explorer version 6.0 is really working and even NVDA is able to communicate with The process, so i can access WEB sites. Excellent work.
Now, i have The most difficult part of The job infront of me.
1. I must install serviwin and i must install it from running XP operating system installation.
2. I will try to run serviwin by using run scanner script, if i will have The chance to integrate it to The multipe. But when i have tried it, it worked, excepts The run with run scanner context menu item, when i have tired it with version 12.

So may be, that serviwin will be able to access system services of offline installed XP.
If no, i will add system restore service by using Serviwin to The installed services list from live Pe.
If service would start from The XP host without issue, i can experiment with rstrui.exe, if it will run or if i will get some other exotics error messages. But because Ie6 is integrated, theoretically, system restore points would be displaied correctly.
The havoc may be start, when i will confirm, that i want to restore some restore point, may be, that some component will stop to like me, because i will run it from live PE.

But because i love Virtual environment for those experiments, i will install XP to The virtual environment and i can hapily test The system restore service.
Because fortunately, NTFS volumes with previously installed XP are accessible from virtual harddisk, even remote regedit is working for me.

So my future is open and may be, that system restore will work from offline installed XP hosts by using Multipe.

Thank You very much for Yours difficult programmers work dear Peter.

#230 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

1. I must install serviwin and i must install it from running XP operating system installation.

ServiWin is already installed in multiPE factory settings. :clap:

If it is not selected, in the project tree go to Apps > Develop > ServiWin and select it.

In the PE you can start it with StartMenu > Develop > ServiWin.

BTW: May be helpful, when you explain your final intention, rather than explaining what you want to do with ServiWin.

Peter

#231 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Dear Peter,

I will try to explain my intention with system restore.

Lets imagine, that some NTFS volume will contain corrupted Windows Xp installation. The NTFS volume will contain Windows XP SP3 without followed Microsoft updates, after SP3 have been released.

Some children would install some game and would turn The computer with Windows XP SP3 professional forced down.

This not standard system turning off will cause severe system failure, Windows core will display error, that some registry hive could not be find.

The system will not only contain corrupted registry hives, but also some crucial system dll.

My intention is, using Multipe or other XP based live project as a replacement for Windows safe mode, and much more that this diagnostics mode.

From live PE project, i would like to start system restore service from The NTFS volume with corrupted XP installation.
Because IE6 components are presented and because i can copy The system restore related .dll from The Windows SP3 installation source to The RAM virtual harddisk while running live PE project based on Windows XP SP3 professional, i think, that theoretically, i would have The chance to run system restore program

rstrui.exe
From The NTFS volume with WIndows XP SP3 corrupted.

And according to my opinion, i could theoretically choose The system restore point, which would contain The NTFS image and other files at The time, when incident related to unproper system shutdown occur.

So my intention is to run System restore service and system restore program by using WIndows XP located on harddisk.

Before doing so, i would use Chkdsk and disk defragmenter to prevent from severe system errors while using system restore program.

My problem is, how to run system restore service from NTRS volume while running live PE based project and if even IE6 is presented, and even if i will copy necessary .dll, if The system restore would be used to return The system to The previously good state.

My idea may be sound strange, but using live PE for those purposes would be really The good idea.
Kind Peter is very deeply intelligent developer and i believe, that he will not write, that my idea is wrong. When system restore will restore The system, i would restart live Pe, and i would start Windows normally and system restore would finish it's job.

No matter, if system restore will create one restore point related to The fact, that system would be run in live mode, never mind.
If my intention is inpossible, please tell my why and i will give it up forever.

#232 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

My problem is, how to run system restore service from NTRS volume while running live PE based project and if even IE6 is presented, and even if i will copy necessary .dll, if The system restore would be used to return The system to The previously good state.

IMO that does not work because systemrestore is not really installed in the PE. Usually for such an installation there are some sevices running and / or some files registered.
I'm in doubt whether M$ agrees to install restore service in a PE.

This is a general question. Maybe there are users with more knowledge in this issue.
Therefore you should ask your question in a more suited forum, e.g. Windows Extreme > Windows PE.

Peter

#233 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14323 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Kind Peter is very deeply intelligent developer and i believe, that he will not write, that my idea is wrong.

If that is not that much of a problem I will write it. ;)
You are WRONG! :ph34r:

To be able to restore a "offline" restore point you need a specific app, just as an example the ERD 50 had a tool for that.
http://www.winhelpon...le-xp-computer/

There is however a very simple "poor man's" approach that will work in - say - 99% of cases:
http://www.icompute....h_B_PE_disk.htm

BUT we have IMNSHO a much better way, which is the usage of ERUNT:
http://www.larsheder...nline.de/erunt/

If you go here:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore
and check the filelist.xml you should have a fair idea of what files are actually "included".

BUT, when you go and look inside (example):
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{57030E34-278C-478A-B24E-0DF629D7A148}\RP1197
you will find how in it there are mostly completley unuseful links to files.

The relevant part is in:
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{57030E34-278C-478A-B24E-0DF629D7A148}\RP1197\snapshot
where there is a copy of the Registry file (exactly the same thing ERUNT does, only SR does it "worse") AND some possibly more useful data in:
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{57030E34-278C-478A-B24E-0DF629D7A148}\RP1197\snapshot\Repository
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{57030E34-278C-478A-B24E-0DF629D7A148}\RP1197\snapshot\Repository\FS
which are nothing but a copy of:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS
(and there is NO problem whatsoever if needed to restore these data from the PE on the offline system)

In any case in my experience just restoring the Registry is enough to be able to boot again the XP and then run from it the actual rstrui.exe, not unlike what the good Sysinternals guys recommended when using ERD commander.

:cheers:
Wonko

#234 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Dear users and developers.

I would like to know, how to solve The Windows file permissions issue, that some NTFS areas, which are containing some files can not be accessed by Windows live Environment. Can be done somethink to reset The NTFS file permissions to their settings, which will enable users to access really whole NTFS drive, all folders and files?

Currently, i have discussed about using Live PE environment with some visually impaired system administrators. One man have told me, that Linux antivirus CDS are much more effective, than using Windows live environments with some antivirus tools, because Linux NTFS3G driver is ignoring Windows access permissions to files and folders.

But i do not like Linux antivirus CDS, because they are not equipped with sound support, and when i have tried clamwin GTK with one Linux distro, with NTFS3G driver, my computer had stopped while scanning 14 GB of data because of luck of available computer memory.

If issue with file and folders access permissions would be solved, it would be excellent.

I know, that i can not access encrypted files by using Windows encryption, but i think about non encrypted files and folders, which have set some access permissions.

Would be made some program or explained some procedure, which would set file access permissions to The level, which would enable to access really all files while running windows live PE? The best would be to apply those methods to whole NTFS volume with all folders, files and subfolders.

Thank You very much for Yours answer.

With kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel

#235 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Version 26 uploaded!
  • Fixed bug which created unbootable PE1 "RAM image" single boot ISOs
  • Added lost 'HWPNP' to PE1 factory settings.
  • Rearranged some PEFactory properties
  • Removed "NVDA" button from the PE1 main project screen. NVDA is still contained but not longer supported.
Peter

#236 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Version 27 is uploaded.
  • Moved to a different (own) server with more bandwidth
  • Replaced Extract??? commands by macros to prepare separate storage of script commands and attachments
  • Added a server for single script downloads using the WinBuilder download center
  • Some smaller fixes
WinBuilder download server for single script downloads: multipe.exec-se.de

Actual (living) documentation: http://multipe.exec-...ltiPE/index.htm

Peter

#237 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4157 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Got this error the first test.
3.jpg

Then it gave me this one.
WebGetIfNotExist - [http://livexp.boot-l...ls/AutoIt3.exe] to directory: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\nativeEx\AutoIt3.exe] HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
4.jpg
Autoit is in the X86 and x64 Folder.
multiPE_27\Projects\Tools\nativeEx\x86
multiPE_27\Projects\Tools\nativeEx\x64

You happen to have and english version.
5.jpg 4.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 6.jpg

#238 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for the reports!

#1: This is an unreproducable timing issue. I have had it only twice in the past. Should not appear usually.
#2: Link seems to be broken with the server changes last weeks. I'll move to my server.
#3: ScreenCap.ini is in the ISO file system and therefore has a readonly attribute. Use RAM boot. The script got a hint that ScreenCap is available in German only.

Peter

#239 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Version 28 uploaded.

The main change:

Attachments are split from scripts.
Usually the attachments (mainly EXEs) change rarelly. The script code changes much more often.
When such a script code is changed, until now the user had to download the complete script with sometimes some megabyte size.
Now he only has to download the changed script with some kilobyte size.

Especially for users with a slow internet connection that is very helpful.

As a result of this change, the download server http://multipe.exec-se.de is now fully supported by development, and always contains the actual changes (which may not yet be in the released complete version).

Peter

#240 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Test of Version 28. Fresh download, using Windows 7 SP1 x86 as source.

Errors on build:

ExtractFile - Failed to expand file: [easySwitch.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Temp\multiPE_XP]
ExtractFile - Failed to expand file: [WimInfo.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\nativeEx]
ExtractFile - Failed to expand file: [WimExtractXml.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\nativeEx]

Track set to Win XP.
Log attached.

Regards,
niche99

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   9.19KB   314 downloads

#241 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Your log shows that theoretically everything is working correct.

I made a fresh download and started with Win7_SP1_Enterprise German as source. Runs well.

The only idea I currently have is that your download is corrupted or not complete. Check for completeness of filelist and redownload PEFactory.Enc in WinBuilder Download Center.

Peter

#242 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

To avoid misunderstandings:

To run correctly, the multiPE project needs under %BaseDir%Projects:
  • multiPE directory (containing the script statements)
  • multiPE_Enc directory (containing the attachments)
  • ToolsnativeEx directory (containing some executable tools)
Peter

#243 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

To avoid misunderstandings:

To run correctly, the multiPE project needs under %BaseDir%\Projects:

• multiPE directory (containing the script statements)
  • multiPE_Enc directory (containing the attachments)
  • Tools\nativeEx directory (containing some executable tools)
Peter

Hi Peter,

I've redownloaded version 28, and redownload PEFactory.Enc through the WinBuilder download window. I still get the same errors.
I tried using a Windows XP source and got a
ExtractFile - Failed to expand file: [easymodel.exe] to: ....
and numerous other failed to extractfile errors, I aborted the Build.

I have attached the stop log.

Just a thought, does multiPE use/require 8.3 filenames or pathnames?

Regards,
niche99

Attached Files

#244 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

OOPS!

SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [#3] to: [V:nativeEx UploadProjectsmultiPE_encToolsHookAPIEx.enc]

All local information left in the published release! :frusty:

Will be fixed soon!

Peter

#245 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

All local information left in the published release! :frusty:

Version 29 uploaded. I hope that this terrible bug is killed.

BTW: Many scripts now have a change in [Main] HasBinary=???, without version beeing changed. So use of the download center under version 28 will propably not bring the wanted result.
Please redownload completelly into an empty directory.

Peter
  • niche99 likes this

#246 niche99

niche99

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 235 posts
  •  
    Scotland

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hi Peter,

Version 29 with a Windows 7 source builds and boots correctly.
Will try an XP source and let you know how it goes.

Regards,
niche99

#247 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4157 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

Can you create a button to youre signature to Winbuilder download. If the user is using Winbuilder .82 to download the project from http://multipe.exec-se.de .
The Project mentions that MultiPe will work with Winbuilder v83.0.0.8. But their is no link to download it.

#248 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

There is no official WB 83 download.

Because a serious bug is fixed after release of WB 82, and multiPE does not build when WB has the bug, I included the fixed WinBuilder in the download.

Peter

#249 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4157 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Can we get an official release. Thanks for including it on the download zip.

I was thinking the exe to 83 would be an option to download from
http://multipe.exec-se.de/
So that if you use winbuilder 82 to download the project from the http://multipe.exec-se.de/ then it would offer to update to the Winbuilder 83 exe and replace the 82 so that the project would build correctly.

When trying to download the project from the Multipe site I get some integrity errors. Some files just dont seem to want to download. Their not download log for error.
1.jpg

#250 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

I already several times proposed to publish my 83 as 82 SP1. But Nuno did not agree.

I'm working on a script to let multiPE download it from the multiPE server, like you proposed.

Peter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win7pe, vistape, multiboot, pe3, livecd, pe2, pe1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users