request

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

POPULAR

That will be added, hopefully before retail but if not then soon after. With that update, isostick will be able to show up as more than just an optical drive and a flash drive -- it could show up as another hard disk / flash drive as well, using a disk image. I'm also looking into supporting up to 6 virtual drives at once (optical or hdd), but no promises! The CPU in isostick is a beefy one but RAM is still limited, if it's possible though you can bet it'll show up in an update!!

From this reply: http://reboot.pro/15...post__p__138180

Hello,

I would be very interested in seeing isostick supporting .vhd files for direct access as hard disk drives.

If more people like this idea, please press the "Like" button on this post or reply with "+1" to get an idea of the popularity of this feature request.

Thanks.

:)
  • TheHive, ludovici, jsgage and 4 others like this

#2 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

It would be interesting to see VHD support in a way that Windows doesn't present by itself.

Namely, supporting direct boot of VHDs on a Bare Metal PC, also VHDs based on Win XP and older Windows versions, DOS VHDs (VHD Loader can do that now), VHDs with Linux incarnations installed on them, VHDs created inside Hyper-V and similar purpose MS VMs (currently need generalization to run natively). In other words, "any" VHD type as opposed to Windows only supported now for "Native Boot" Win 7 Ultimate & Server 2008R2 VHDs.

Since tendency to use VHDs is moving up slowly but surely, I wouldn't count on immediate overwhelming interest, but it will grow steadily. Look for example how Apple deals with the market - they first conceptualize and create a principally new product, and then form demand for that product, forcing other industry players and mass consumers to follow the suite.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users