Jump to content

- - - - -

FileCopy - Failed to copy "Driver Integration"

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xx-xx

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

Hello there,

I tryed to make an ISO with WinBuilder an the zz_drivers.script but the Built stops with an error:

(zz_Drivers.script) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\cc7pe\BootWimSrc\Windows\System32\dism.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\target\cc7pe\Windows\system32\dism\]: Der Verzeichnisname ist ungültig.

What i'm doing wrong?

#2 sbaeder


    Gold Member

  • .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  • Location:usa - massachusettes
    United States

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

Maybe nothing...

First, check to see if that file DOES exist. Don't know if the cc7PE project uses a mount or an extract of the source files, and my german is so bad that I had to use google translate to understand that "The directory name is invalid." ...SO, it might just be an error in the script in that it didn't check to make a "dism" directory first. So check for that too - i.e. does that directory exist!

Also, you didn't say, BUT, I am assuming here that you are using the CC7PE project, so this isn't really a winbuilder issue, but a project issue, and you didn't say, but did this script come with the project, or was it added from somewhere else?


#3 Sean Norwood

Sean Norwood
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:53 AM

I don't know if I would consider this a fix but I had to unselect the driver integration script for the build to finally work. I was having the same problem as the OP with a dual x64 and x86 build with everything as default. It seemed that the system32 (x86 version) would copy dism and dism.exe just fine but it would error when it tried it in the syswow64 folder. After looking in the folder it looked like winbuilder or the script had a hard time creating the folder dism because there was a file called dism (no extension) already there. So for whatever reason, even though the script code looked fine, the folder was not created because dism.exe was not copied correctly .

Like I said though, I didn't try really hard to fix the problem I just simply disabled the driver integration script.

Testing: after emulation I got a blue screen. Used qEmu. Going to modify the script a little and see how it works. Will post results after its done . : )

Edit: So i'm not getting anywhere with my conventional knowledge. I'll post my log to see if anyone else has any insight. http://jefbond.com/log.html

Edited by Sean Norwood, 15 October 2011 - 02:40 AM.

#4 klikar3

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Location:Germany

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:54 PM


i had the same issue - problem was, the folder dism was not created before trying to copy the file dism.exe into it.

so the file dism was created by trying to copy to ...dism.

simply delete the file dism and add a Line with CreateDir... to the script...


Edited by klikar3, 26 October 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#5 amalux


    Platinum Member

  • Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
    United States

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

add a Line with CreateDir... to the script...

Just for clarity, if needed, add this line before the FileCopy line:

#6 sbaeder


    Gold Member

  • .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  • Location:usa - massachusettes
    United States

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

yes, that is a good check to make before a file copy, since the copy tries to go to the directory mentioned, but if that fails, then it creates a file with that name...So, this is a good thing to include if you aren't sure the directory does actually exist.

#7 pscEx


    Platinum Member

  • Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Location:Korschenbroich, Germany
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
    European Union

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Looks like a bug which should be fixed in WB 083 ...


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users