#1 almulder10

almulder10

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:47 AM

Ok I have downloaded the KB3AIK file 1GB

But where do i find these files. I have searched with 7zip but unable to find them

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

bcdedit.exe
imagex.exe
wimfltr.inf
wimfltr.sys
wimgapi.dll

#2 almulder10

almulder10

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

Never mind, I just installed the whole thing and grabed the files i needed that way.

But you might want to put the instruction in the "Win7PE_SE Release" post.

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

Never mind, I just installed the whole thing and grabed the files i needed that way.

But you might want to put the instruction in the "Win7PE_SE Release" post.

Actually - and for the record - there was NOT any *need* to download the whole stuff. :ph34r: :w00t:
JFYI:
http://reboot.pro/13049/

:cheers:
Wonko

#4 JnPson

JnPson
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi. I have been trying several times to use Win7PE_SE without any luck. I choose Win7PE_SE and source, hit Play and it starts.
This is what happens:

Wimgapi (v6.0) was not found.
Check Wimgapi6.0.dll file, recommended for Win7 SP0 or select the option 'Always use WIMMount Driver (very slow)'!!!
Exiting...

Then this opens in my browser: file:///C:/WinBuilder/Temp/Win7PE_SE/PreRequest.htm
and winbuild says 'Build stopped by script command.'

I have read the instructions and I have downloaded the files needed for winbuilder to create the files needed in Win7PE_SE (6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aik_sv.iso and KB3AIK_EN.iso) but I really cannot find the files mentioned in the instruction:

- <Tools>x86bcdedit.exe
- <Tools>x86imagex6.0.exe
- <Tools>x86wimfltr.inf
- <Tools>x86wimfltr.sys
- <Tools>x86wimgapi6.0.dll

I have searched for the files and even extracted the cab-files to find it, without any luck. Where can I find the files in the instruction?

Sorry for being such a "noob".

Regards
JnPson

#5 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

The instructions should say somewhere that you need to rename the files, so if download WAIK for Win7, rename imagex.exe to imagagex6.0.exe and wimgapi.dll to wimgapi6.0.dll...

#6 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

Hi. I have been trying several times to use Win7PE_SE without any luck. I choose Win7PE_SE and source, hit Play and it starts.
This is what happens:

Wimgapi (v6.0) was not found.
Check Wimgapi6.0.dll file, recommended for Win7 SP0 or select the option 'Always use WIMMount Driver (very slow)'!!!
Exiting...

Then this opens in my browser: file:///C:/WinBuilder/Temp/Win7PE_SE/PreRequest.htm
and winbuild says 'Build stopped by script command.'

I have read the instructions and I have downloaded the files needed for winbuilder to create the files needed in Win7PE_SE (6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aik_sv.iso and KB3AIK_EN.iso) but I really cannot find the files mentioned in the instruction:

- <Tools>x86bcdedit.exe
- <Tools>x86imagex6.0.exe
- <Tools>x86wimfltr.inf
- <Tools>x86wimfltr.sys
- <Tools>x86wimgapi6.0.dll

I have searched for the files and even extracted the cab-files to find it, without any luck. Where can I find the files in the instruction?

Sorry for being such a "noob".

Regards
JnPson

follow These Instructions

regards,
Homes32

#7 JnPson

JnPson
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hi again. I found some of the files needed but not in WAIK, but on my own system. I run Windows 7 ultimate and i copied bcdedit.exe and wimfltr.inf and I downloaded wimgapi6.1.dll from some site on the internet. But I still can't fine wimfltr.sys. I'm using Winbuilder 0.82 and Win7PE SE. I see the utils in the left pane but i can't find where to download getWAIKTools. I getting confused. Am I using the wrong version of winbuilder?

Regards
JnPson

#8 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hi again. I found some of the files needed but not in WAIK, but on my own system. I run Windows 7 ultimate and i copied bcdedit.exe and wimfltr.inf and I downloaded wimgapi6.1.dll from some site on the internet. But I still can't fine wimfltr.sys. I'm using Winbuilder 0.82 and Win7PE SE. I see the utils in the left pane but i can't find where to download getWAIKTools. I getting confused. Am I using the wrong version of winbuilder?

Regards
JnPson

you probably have an old version get the official updated version here: http://w7pese.cwcodes.net/Compressed/
  • mikebk likes this

#9 JnPson

JnPson
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hi and thanks. It worked this time. I downloaded it from the link you provided. There was one error though but Winbuilder could proceed to finish. It asked for DISM.EXE. It copied win7 to my USB-flash drive, but when the system was booting it showed this error:
===========================================================================================================

Unable to start windows. This may be due to a change in hardware or software that has been done recently. To correct this problem:

1. Insert the installation disc for Windows and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click Next.
3. Click Repair your computer.

If you have no installation disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer.

File: windows system32 drivers etronhub3.sys

Details: Could not load windows because a critical system driver is missing or damaged.

This might not be the correct translation but it gives you some clue of what's happening.
===========================================================================================================
Regards

JnPson

#10 JnPson

JnPson
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

The error I described was because WInPE 7 took the x64 files from my AIO DVD and it was meant to be used on an x32 laptop. I will try again with x32 iso file.

Regards
JnPson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users