I'm having hard time finding Binaries for LZO 2.06 (can't even find older 2.xx versions). If something is GNU it should have binaries somewhere right?
Broken Google takes me to:
I found 1.xx version (http://www.lzop.org/) but... something very weird:
This one talks about 2.05 http://www.oberhumer.com/
This one talks about 2.06 http://www.oberhumer...opensource/lzo/
and This one talks about 3.00 (which is NOT open) http://www.oberhumer...ional/showcase/
Is it possible that author decided to not compile the binaries of 2.xx and also stop others? and then close source?
I got this file "lzo-2.06.tar.gz" how do i make EXE out of this? I'm so used to cooked foods...
EDIT: Now THIS one says 1.xx is 2.xx?? http://www.lzop.org/lzop_news.php (second * bulleted line in changes) (EDIT3: but this is old 2005, binary mirrors coming soon etc means?)
EDIT2: Some information from one of those pages...
- LZO is a portable lossless data compression library written in ANSI C.
- Reliable and thoroughly tested. High adoption - each second terrabytes of data are compressed by LZO. No bugs since the first release back in 1996.
- Offers pretty fast compression and *extremely* fast decompression.
- Implements the fastest compression and decompression algorithms around. See the ratings for lzop in the famous Archive Comparison Test .
- Includes slower compression levels achieving a quite competitive compression ratio while still decompressing at this very high speed.
- Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL v2+).
- Military-grade stability and robustness.