request developers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hello,

As you might have noticed we now have a neat download portal for making files available to users.

What I now request is that projects authors, script and tool developers to make available your work at the portal. I could upload most of these tools myself but I strongly believe that authors should get the rightful credits for their creations. So I ask authors to make the files available at the portal.

App scripts
For script developers wishing to use the App scripts section, I only ask that you upload scripts using the .script extension instead of zipping the file on .zip or .7z. There will be an integration of the winbuilder download center with the download portal of reboot and this helps keeping things simple.

Uploading large files
There is a limitation (on PHP) to only support files up to 4Mb. If you need to make available larger files, you can use the option "Link to a file" and then place the download link where the large file is located as a "mirror".

Appropriate category
If you don't find a category that you consider appropriate for your work, then please let me know so that we can create one.

---

Thank you very much!

:)

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

Sometimes uploading is not a really easy job.
With PicoXP I did a lot of uploads, deletes, edits, ... until it had the appearance I wanted to have.
Some learnings ...

Maybe we can get a tutorial anywhere?

I'm currently VERY interested in the issue:

Upload "Big-Project" version 1 as "myProject.zip" to my server and give the link.

Sometimes later I Upload "Big-Project" version 2 to my server.
How should I name it on my server? as "myProject_2.zip"?
With the old name, the old project is overwritten.
But with the name in question, maybe WinBuilder Download does not find it.

Peter

#3 Flyboarder

Flyboarder

• .script developer
  • 95 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

I agree, maybe the portal could have version listing with multiple links for different versions.
I don't know how the portal looks as I still need to give it a try so please ignore if it has this.

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

Hello,

The portal support multiple versions of a given file inside the same topic. As soon as you have a new version, you can archive the older one and use the most recent as default (It is nicely implemented).

On the case of big files, don't upload them to the board. Use the external link (mirror) instead. This way you can upload using FTP to your server account instead of relying in PHP (which is flaky for big uploads). The same version control is possible here, you just have to manage the file names by yourself if you are using FTP.

If something was not covered here, just use good sense, try out the available options and ask whenever you feel necessary.

:cheers:

#5 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:"Booting and Owning".
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

"Thank you Nuno" and everyone else involved, for all the new toys to play with,
plus all the work you have put into the new features.
I will be uploading my scripts to new portal.
Very Nice to have version capabilities also.

Have a great day.
RoyM
  • Brito likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: request, developers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users