United States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

Posted Image

File Name: ShutdownPE
File Submitter: homes32
File Submitted: 17 Aug 2011
File Updated: 02 Feb 2017
File Category: App scripts

ShutdownPE provides basic and advanced options for shutdown/restart in PE and is designed to work with all current projects.

Features:
  • Provides a nice looking simple GUI similar to XP's and BS Explorer's shutdown dialogs
  • No more accidentally clicking on the current start menu icons and immediately having the computer turn off
  • 1 icon instead of 2 = less clutter in start menu
  • provides an option to eject CD's
  • filebuffers are flushed before shutdown/restart (safe shutdown)
  • run your custom commands before shutdown/restart
  • Integrates with ClearLock or your favorite screen lock program.
  • translate into your native language
  • script option to integrate ShutdownPE and ClearLock with Windows Explorer Start Menu Button
if you would like to help translate ShutdownPE into your native language please send me a PM and I will contact you with further instructions.

Thanks those who took the time to translate
  • Danish - manfredletz
  • French - ChrisR
  • German - MaineCoon
  • Italian - acus
  • Portuguese - Rui Paz
  • Spanish - carloscape
  • Turkish - siranusta
feedback appreciated!

Click here to download this file
  • Rui Paz likes this

#2 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

This topic is for ShutdownPE.script support only.
If you have feature requests or issues with ShutdownPE.exe please visit the development topic

#3 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

ShutdownPE has been updated and now has full support for integrating with Windows Explorer and the Start Menu Button on x64 builds! :)

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

There are some (really unimportant) troubles when using ShutDown from within qEmu. The session ends with a BSOD.

Peter

#5 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

There are some (really unimportant) troubles when using ShutDown from within qEmu. The session ends with a BSOD.

Peter

are you using the explorer integration (SPEHook.dll) or just the standard shutdown shortcut? I think i remember seeing something like that with vmware in some circumstances as well. I'll look into it further when I get back from my business trip wed. night.
thanks.
Homes32

#6 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

On line 42 of your script you call the unpack function with these parameters:
Unpack,%SourceArch%,,True,%target_win%,system32,%ProgramEXE%
According to the api outlined here: http://code.google.c...der/wiki/unpack, a value of true/false for the third parameter is only valid if the second parameter specifies an archive. Since no archive is specified in the second parameter, the third archive would indicate a specific file to extract instead.
Should that line not read as Unpack,%SourceArch%,,,%target_win%,system32,%ProgramEXE% instead?

#7 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

On line 42 of your script you call the unpack function with these parameters:
Unpack,%SourceArch%,,True,%target_win%,system32,%ProgramEXE%
According to the api outlined here: http://code.google.c...der/wiki/unpack, a value of true/false for the third parameter is only valid if the second parameter specifies an archive. Since no archive is specified in the second parameter, the third archive would indicate a specific file to extract instead.
Should that line not read as Unpack,%SourceArch%,,,%target_win%,system32,%ProgramEXE% instead?

it could. doesn't really matter as that parameter is discarded. Actually a faster and more efficient way to write that line is:

ExtractAllFiles,%ScriptFile%,%SourceArch%,%Target_Sys%

I'll add as a silent update this evening.

regards,
Homes32

#8 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Seems you forgot to upload.

:cheers:

#9 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Seems you forgot to upload.

just didn't have time. its live now.

#10 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Yep, now it works.

#11 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Writing code and getting stuff to work when no one else can! Wrote a Windows Vista, 7, and 8 legal activation tool in VBscript and compiled it to exe. First project of this undertaking. Working on an AIO legal activation tool that includes XP.
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

ShutdownPE provides basic and advanced options for shutdown/restart in PE and is designed to work with all current projects.

Works great in my Win7PE SE but no luck with Gena XP Live. Is this compatible with Gena as far as anyone knows? Is there something special that has to be turned off in pre build for this script to work with XP PE?

OK, not sure what changed but got it half working. Desktop ICON shows up now but still is not the default shutdown eject. Clicking on the desktop icon works fine.

#12 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Works great in my Win7PE SE but no luck with Gena XP Live. Is this compatible with Gena as far as anyone knows? Is there something special that has to be turned off in pre build for this script to work with XP PE?

OK, not sure what changed but got it half working. Desktop ICON shows up now but still is not the default shutdown eject. Clicking on the desktop icon works fine.

you will have to make sure that the default shutdown tools for Gena are disabled. Gena uses paragliders shutdown tools which work by replacing msgina.dll (logon user interface) that directly integrates with winlogin. with vista/7/8 MS did away with msgina.dll so shutdownPE uses AppInit to hook the shutdown functions. paragliders tools will always override shutdownPE because it is loaded at a lower level in the OS.

to disable comment out lines 225-228 in the file: %BaseDir%ProjectsGenaShellsExplorer.script
so it looks like this

// FileRename,%target_sys%msgina.dll,%target_sys%ginaorg.dll

// If,%SourceArch%,Equal,x86,ExtractAllFiles,%ScriptFile%,Folder,%target_sys%

// If,%SourceArch%,Equal,x64,ExtractAllFiles,%ScriptFile%,FolderX64,%target_sys%

// FileRename,%target_sys%PEgina.dll,%target_sys%msgina.dll

then everything should be fine.

I could modify the shutdownPE script to aggressively detect and override alternate shutdown methods like Reboot.dll and paragliders shutdown tools if and only if the Start Menu intergration option in the scripts interface is set to something other that "No Integration". (with plenty of warnings in the log to be sure the user is aware what is happening)
does anyone have any options or concerns with this?

regards,
Homes32

#13 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Writing code and getting stuff to work when no one else can! Wrote a Windows Vista, 7, and 8 legal activation tool in VBscript and compiled it to exe. First project of this undertaking. Working on an AIO legal activation tool that includes XP.
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

I could modify the shutdownPE script to aggressively detect and override alternate shutdown methods like Reboot.dll and paragliders shutdown tools if and only if the Start Menu intergration option in the scripts interface is set to something other that "No Integration". (with plenty of warnings in the log to be sure the user is aware what is happening)
does anyone have any options or concerns with this?

I don't have an issue with it. I would be glad to test it for you and report. So if I understand you, your new script would overwrite the defaults in Gena and shutdownPE would become the new default? If so, count me in! :good:

#14 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

ShutdownPE v16.Beta 1 Available!

Script will now check for and override: paraglider's shutdown tools (LiveXP/Gena), RebootTrace/Reboot.dll

Testers wanted for LiveXP/Gena and Win7PE-SE with explorer shell > Enable shutdown button checked.

ShutdownPE.Beta16.script

#15 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Testing now my good sir! Thanks. :1st:

#16 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Ok, not sure if I did this correct. Shutdown still shows up on desktop but not default in Gena. Should the script be before explore shell script runs or after? Explore shell script got ran after your beta script or does it matter?

#17 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

it needs to be run after the explorer shell script.

#18 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

That's what I thought but any folder I put the scripts in, moves it to the top before explore? Any Ideas? What is the proper folder?

I got it tweaks folder. :fool: I was having a brain fart! Its below explorer script now. Running build as I type

#19 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Ok, ran after explorer script and still not defaut shutdown program. Desktop icon but not default. This is a Gena build also.

#20 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Ok, ran after explorer script and still not defaut shutdown program. Desktop icon but not default. This is a Gena build also.

please post your build log

#21 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Ok, give me a few

#22 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

Here you go. I see the error for Shutdown at the bottom of the log.

http://www.mediafire...mdcbckk86cbbybg

#23 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Did my report help you any?

#24 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Did my report help you any?

sorry. yeah it did.
when I designed the integration it was mainly for Vista/Win7 which don't have the system shutdown dialog. XP does so I will have to hook calls to ShellShutdownDialog as well in this case. ShutdownPE is still intercepting shutdown calls properly though.
stay tuned.

#25 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thanks! Meant to post that when I click on shutdown in Gena, it shows the the old style shutdown and then when I pick shutdown or restart from the menu, it will then pop up shutdownPE dialog and then you have to choose again, shutdown or restart so its getting there. :good:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users