#1 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves actually helping Wonko (the Sane) on a real-life problem.

Here:
http://reboot.pro/15207/

:cheers:
Wonko
  • milindsmart likes this

#2 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves actually helping Wonko (the Sane) on a real-life problem.

Please update your profile as:
Display name: Wonko, the Sane

IM(H)O, this is not the type of topics which we are trying to discuss here. Should you have any confusion with what we are dealing with @ Team Reboot section, here is a probable list of that.

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

Please update your profile as:
Display name: Wonko, the Sane

IMHO, this is not the type of topics which we are trying to discuss here. Should you have any confusion with what we are dealing with @ Team Reboot section, here is a probable list of that.

Well, IMHO it is, at least I invoke my name with some rights on it, UNLIKE you:
http://reboot.pro/15100/
anyway if you actually check the list you made, you will find at point #8 of "Programming" :

Tools & Custom scripts

Since you invited people to:

Submit challenges, either devised by your own or obtained from some source

I devised my own challenge, and submitted it.

The Challenge is for Programmers: can you compile a Tool (namely dd) in a WIN32 executable with no dependencies and smaller than 40 kb?

Of course you can decide (this is freedom :thumbsup:) not to take the challenge or to ignore it, but freedom doesn't give you the right to offend me :ranting2: directly or through your "sense of humour" (which - just for the record - IMNSHO you should update, the example you just posted seem like belonging to release 0.3.5, i.e. dating to primary school or maybe kindergarten years).

Wonko

#4 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

.............but freedom doesn't give you the right to offend me :ranting2: directly or through your "sense of humour" (which - just for the record - IMNSHO you should update, the example you just posted seem like belonging to release 0.3.5, i.e. dating to primary school or maybe kindergarten years).

C'm on Wonko, how can one, who has contributed already > 50% of 4826 sarcastic posts (well, I presume that you are SANE enough to figure out where the figure 4826 comes from) in the pages of reboot, be offended so soon? Have patience, please. Again, considering the context in which the bullet-ed item "Tools & custom scripts" occurs, isn't it clear enough that than a "challenge" to code a dd-like tool, a Perl script capable of bruteforcing a web form is far more appreciated here?

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

You seem to not understand the difference between your freedom (examples):
  • freedom to not appreciate my challenge
  • freedom to not take it
  • freedom to ignore it

And my freedom (example):
  • freedom to post it (as it is CLEARLY among the items in your list)
You don't have the freedom (nor the authority) to tell me WHAT I can post here or anywhere else, anyway, as long as it is not against Forum Rules.

You do have the freedom to use humour or irony, and even sarcasm, provided that you learn what those are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

and you may want first IMNSHO to make sure you review some English adjectives, that right now you seem like not being very familiar with:before doing another @ss related play-on-words or similarly oriented innuendo.

It is simply not fun (and also offensive - but I have been offended in so many much better ways)

Wonko

#6 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

before doing another @ss related play-on-words or similarly oriented innuendo.

It is simply not fun (and also offensive - but I have been offended in so many much better ways)

For the reason I respect you, I apologize. Original post edited. Happy?

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

For the reason I respect you, I apologize. Original post edited. Happy?

No problem :), it is "carved in stone" inside my quote of it. ;)

Apologizing because you respect me is obviously pointless. :w00t:

You should apologize because you - after thinking a bit on it, or induced by my comments - are now convinced you did a mistake. :dubbio:

Otherwise you should NOT apologize at all.

Be a man! Fight for a cause! (if it is worth it)

BTW, there is no actual *need* to apologize, I am not feeling offended, you see, you did try to offend me, but you failed at it. ;)

:rofl2:

For no apparent reason:
Spoiler

Wonko

#8 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

BTW, there is no actual *need* to apologize, I am not feeling offended, you see, you did try to offend me, but you failed at it. ;)

Unlike you, Holmes thinks a second/third time whether any of his posts can be a cause to hurt someone else. Playing with "words" & playing with "emotions" are not the same, at least "Sane" (if someone really "means" it by very nature) persons should understand. But, well, it may seem to be "rocket-science" to INsane people. :chair:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users