7 replies to this topic

#1 Jasen Webster

Jasen Webster
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

Has anyone used Wondersoft's LiveBoot 2012? I'm curious to see if anyone has anything good/bad to say about it. They are offering this software for free until Friday. Normally it's about $60. I figured I would try it out for free. ;)

I had no issue creating the CD and booting from it, but every time I have it create the usb and boot from it, it fails. I'll see if I can get wondersoft to help me with that and I'll post what I find.

http://www.techsuppo...-free.htm<br />

Edited by Jasen Webster, 09 August 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

I won't try their product even if it is made available as free.

Was enough for me to read comments such as:

Click the first link to get to the live boot page on Wondershare and then scroll down to the comparison between Wondershare's Liveboot 2012 and the Spotnau Power Suites from Spotmau. Maybe the Wondershare product is a licensed OEM version of the Spotnau products? Spotnau is rated RED by WOT as well as listed on HPhosts in the FSA category (sites engaged in the selling or distribution of bogus or fraudulent applications; also rogue security applications). The affiliation between Wondershare and Spotnau is not a big surprise if a person is aware of Wondershare's relationships with other questionable companies.

#3 Jasen Webster

Jasen Webster
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I won't try their product even if it is made available as free.

Was enough for me to read comments such as:

It looks like a WinPE environment with some basic tools. I think I'll just forget I saw this and move on. Thanks for your advice. ;)

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 15103 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

No actual need to guess:
http://www.spotmau.c...ut/company.aspx

Spotmau Corporation was established in April, 2006 which is a company of Wondershare Software Co., Ltd. Spotmau has quickly become the market leader both in software utilities developer and a computer service company. It has been awarded a Certificate of CMMI CL3. A long term and stable cooperation relationship with many leading companies has been established, such as Google, Microsoft, Intel, Digital River, etc.

http://www.wondersha...ny/company.html

Established in 2003 and located in Shenzhen, adjacent to the international financial and trade center Hong Kong, Wondershare has extended its business worldwide, consistently dedicated to satisfy customers with diversified consumer software products and services.

Our Goals
To be the largest listed consumer software export company in China within 3 years.
To be a worldwide well-known consumer software developer and publisher within 5 years.

I find preoccuppying B) that there is a "USB burner" app and that - if successful - will pop-up with "Burning Succeeded!" :w00t:
Poor little USB thingy :( .

I guess they should invest a little bit in native English translators, though they seem to have a much better than average :) "chinglish", still there are problems :cheers:

Boot Sector Recovery
A partition boot sector (also known as a volume boot sector or a volume boot record) is a type of boot sector, stored in a disc volume on a hard disk, floppy disk, or similar data storage device, that contains code for booting programs (usually, but not necessarily, operating systems) stored in other parts of the volume. On non-partitioned storage devices, it is the first sector of the device. On partitioned devices, it is the first sector of an individual partition on the device, with the first sector of the entire device instead being a master boot record (MBR).

The code in partition boot records is invoked either directly by the machine's firmware or indirectly by an MBR or a boot manager.

Invoking a DBR via a boot manager is known as chain loading. Some dual boot systems, such as NTLDR (the boot loader for all releases of Microsoft's Windows NT-derived operating systems up to and including Windows XP and Windows Server 2003), take copies of the bootstrap code that individual operating systems install into a single partition's DBR and store them in disc files, loading the relevant DBR content from file after the boot loader has asked the user which operating system to bootstrap. In Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and newer versions, NTLDR was replaced; the boot loader functionality is instead provided by two new components: winload.exe and the Windows Boot Manager.) In certain file system formats, in addition to bootstrap code the DBR contains a BIOS parameter block that specifies the location and layout of the principal on-disc data structures for the file system.

Note: All the partition in the hard disk will be updated with BOOTMGR compatible bootcode.

The DBR :w00t: is a completely new and clearly unexplained acronym. (probably Drive Boot Record ;))
...they already owe me twenty bucks! ;)

Posted Image

:rofl:

All in all is nothing but a PE 3.x - probably ERD derived - with a graphical shell and a simplified set of utilities:

Here is a main feature list about LiveBootTM 2012:

• Complete Windows Problem Solution Center
  • Windows boot file recover utility
  • Partition boot sector recovery utility
  • MBR/DPT/Registry restore tools
  • Dos command and Windows Recovery Console Tools
  • Registry Edit Utility
  • Windows Backup Utility
  • Windows Product Key find utility
  • Recover the deleted file(s)
  • Recover data from the formatted partition/disk
  • Recover data from the raw disk
  • Clone partition from one partition to another partition
  • Clone the whole disk for upgrading or replacing new hard disk
  • Resize/Move partition easily
  • Wipe a partition for cleaning reinstall Windows
  • Wipe your hard disk for discarding or donating the hard disk
  • Clear Windows Admin/User password easily

(please note how presumably the DBR has become a DPT in the list of features.... that will make another 20 bucks ;):) )

:cheers:
Wonko

#5 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4171 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

Testing TotalMounter - Virtual CD/DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 1.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 2.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 3.jpg

TotalMounter - Virtual CD DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012 1.jpg
TotalMounter - Virtual CD DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012 a.jpg
TotalMounter - Virtual CD DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012 b.jpg
TotalMounter - Virtual CD DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012 c.jpg
TotalMounter - Virtual CD DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012 d.jpg
TotalMounter - Virtual CD DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012 e.jpg

#6 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

Hi TheHive,

Thank you for the screenshot walk through. Have you booted the image, did it worked ok?

I like their UI, looks nice and informative. :cheers:

#7 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4171 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

Have you booted the image, did it worked ok?

I like their UI, looks nice and informative. :cheers:

Booted fine. I was posting on the TotalMounter page on test results before trying to boot test image created. :cheers:

Yeah Nice Ui and layout. The TotalMounter Created ISO Created on the Virtual CDRW seems to have Booted even though at the end of the Creation there was an error pop up from the burner program. Goodnight.
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 1.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 2.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 3.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 4.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 5.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 6.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 7.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 8.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 9.jpg
Wondershare LiveBoot 2012 Booted 10.jpg

#8 Jasen Webster

Jasen Webster
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

It included tools such as Spotmau Clone Genius. In fact, I think they were all Spotmau tools. The interface sure was pretty though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users