Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

I really wanted this one :(
thank you !!!!

Edited by al_jo, 21 November 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#3 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

This script is working fine, but all the skins are missing so you have to use the kinda ugly classic skin shown in the original pic.
Although I don't know how the script was made, I think that you might need to change to another skin, "perhaps the modern skin" or another included or not with Winamp, before you build the script because it makes changes to the registry. More skins here http://www.winamp.com/skins

promo.jpg

:happy_dance:

Edited by al_jo, 21 November 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#4 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

I de-encoded and drug my whole mother installation folder into the .7z and re-encoded it into the script. I didn't make any changes to the script. I know it's not the way to do it, but it looks a whole lot better with the modern skin now applied !!!!

Did you create the script with the most minimal package of Winamp Lite, or the full Winamp Pro?
http://download.null...621_pro_all.exe

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

For some reason, both WinAmp script take a really loooong time to start at first run and then start in setupmode.
Is this caused by a difference between my project and yours al_jo?

:whistling:

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

A modified Win7PESE.

:whistling:

#7 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

Is it possible to put a few settings in winamp.ini by default.
Aren't all the roaming profiles stored under the same username in Win7PE_SE?
Does anyone know how to add this information to the script? ;)

\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.ini

[Winamp]

skin=Winamp Modern

config_extlist=:CDA:FLAC:MID:MIDI:RMI:KAR:MIZ:mod:mdz:nst:stm:stz:s3m:s3z:it:itz:xm:xmz:mtm:ult:669:far:amf:okt:ptm:MP3:MP2:MP1:AAC:VLB:M4A:MP4:NSA:OGG:aiff:aif:au:avr:caf:htk:iff:mat:paf:pvf:raw:rf64:sd2:sds:sf:voc:w64:wav:wve:xi:WMA:M3U:M3U8:PLS:B4S:WPL:ASX

newverchk2=0

[WinampReg]

IsFirstInst=0

NeedReg=0

skin=Winamp Modern

I be liking WinAMP in my PE :cheers:

When the “setup” dialog shows, just click “finished”.
It’s just Winamp wanting users to setup their profile.
Here, Winamp starts in about 2-3 seconds.
Which project are you using?

Edited by Michael*, 06 August 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#8 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

Put the ini in the Winamp folder and it should work.
There is no user management in a PE.

;)

#9 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:12 AM

In my PE it's Users\Default ;)

#10 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

The script is really working well. It comes up with some funky Chinese characters on the left side, but I just click ok.
The modern skin works fine. I don't have Chinese fonts installed, so the characters are really strange ... just until it detects your language.

I'm going to keep messing with the .ini. I set Mediamonkey "not to run from ram" and it totally locked up my system.

#11 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

@Michael
The 'chinese' characters come from the fact that Winamp can't find the proper font and uses a substitute a bad one i might add. ;)

@all
Without wanting to attack al_jo or his work, but this script shows a problem, which was introduced some years ago by Nuno.
When quantity became more important than quality and the term App script was coined.
Soon the term became synonymous with a script, that had not even an interface to configure shortcuts. Something all scripts for application used to have before. Usually combined with a bunch of options to configure the program.

So here is MedEvil recipe for a properly configured and working WinAmp. :1st:
- get Winamp
- install winamp to your computer or a PE, doesn't matter - with the options you like!
- add other plugins you like
- configure everything just like it should work in your PE
- close Winamp - start Winamp - close Winamp (this should take care of any overlooked dialogs)
- save program files\Winamp to a save place
- save %user%\appdata\roaming\Winamp to $saveplace$\Winamp (overwrite existing files )
- open $saveplace$\Winamp and delete path.ini (you can also delete the uninstall program and the install.log)
- check all ini files - depending on your plugins and settings, there might be some paths that need fixing
- 7zip the whole Winamp folder
- replace the winamp.7z attachemment in al_jos script with yours and enjoy a Winamp without annoying dialogs

btw. You might want to go and lern how to autostart the winamp agent (if you have it in your Winamp setup)or how to associate file extensions directly (if you don't have Winamp agent) else file associations will not exist, before first run of Winamp.

:cheers:

#12 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

I put the winamp.ini in the winamp folder and it didn't do anything. The file is created here X:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Winamp
How can I get a file there with a few basic settings preinstalled?

I appreciate the script, the full version loads fast and works perfectly for me with the modern shell. I posted a screenshot in the PE environment, while I was listening to a MP3.

Posted Image

Put the ini in the Winamp folder and it should work.
There is no user management in a PE.

:confused1:

#13 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

Like i wrote, it should work and it did in the past.
However Winamp was changed. That's why i posted a how to above, for you and everybody else.

:confused1:

#14 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

Thanks, Mr. Evil. I have done some of this, already. I will keep working on the roaming data. I have your recipe saved :whistling:
I replaced the encoded file with winamp pro and added registration data. I also wish al's scripts were more enhanced, but can't do anything about that.

So here is MedEvil recipe for a properly configured and working WinAmp. :smiling9:
- get Winamp
- install winamp to your computer or a PE, doesn't matter - with the options you like!
- close Winamp - start Winamp - close Winamp (this should take care of any overlooked dialogs)
- save %user%\appdata\roaming\Winamp to $saveplace$\Winamp (overwrite existing files )
- open $saveplace$\Winamp and delete path.ini (you can also delete the uninstall program and the install.log)
- check all ini files - depending on your plugins and settings, there might be some paths that need fixing
- replace the winamp.7z attachemment in al_jos script with yours and enjoy a Winamp without annoying dialogs

btw. You might want to go and lern how to autostart the winamp agent (if you have it in your Winamp setup)or how to associate file extensions directly (if you don't have Winamp agent) else file associations will not exist, before first run of Winamp.

:)

#15 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

@Mr Medevil

I followed your instructions the best I could and I thought everything was working great until I tried to play music and it bombed out instantly.
I do have a dfx plugin. I screwed it all up and I couldn't just click on a .mp3 and play it, or right-click could not choose to play with winamp. rrrrr .... This error was trying to open any mp3 from the file menu. I could not find an install.log so I think I deleted an install.ini instead :-(

Posted Image

So here is MedEvil recipe for a properly configured and working WinAmp. :cheers:
- get Winamp

#16 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

Like al_jo suggested, open a new topic, if the problem is not directly related to his script.

As for any plugin causing trouble, simply disable it, if winamp still starts, else delete it from the plugin folder and check again.
Also note, that if you created your Winamp setup on a real Win7, you might run into trouble on a PE, simply by the fact that something needed is missing in the PE.

From what i've read, dfx plugin is not a classic Winamp plugin. It does not get solely installed into the Winamp plugin folder.
Therefore you will need to perform a capture of the install of the plugin, in order to transplant all files and all registry settings into your PE.

#17 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yes, Al_Jo's script works.
http://reboot.pro/15...post__p__133891

#18 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

I think I have finally come up with the script entry for WinampAgent so that my .mp3's are automatically associated with WinAmp at boot. :dubbio:

[Process]

RegHiveLoad,Tmp_Software,%RegSoftware%

RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,Tmp_Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run,WinampAgent,"#$qX:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe#$q"

RegHiveUnLoad,Tmp_Softw

@Michael

#19 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1030 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

I'm going to keep messing with the .ini. I set Mediamonkey "not to run from ram" and it totally locked up my system.

you need to delete paths.ini from your Winamp folder and then all settings/plugins etc will be be stored in your Winamp folder instead of %appdata%

#20 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:24 AM

I edited the paths already. It's Mediamonkey that's not liking my editing. Winamp works fine, just working on the autorun of winamp agent and trying to get Mediamonkey on the screen with an already configured profile.

you need to delete paths.ini from your Winamp folder and then all settings/plugins etc will be be stored in your Winamp folder instead of %appdata%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users