#1 Michael Pietroforte

Michael Pietroforte

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 660 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Access to corporate resources from external computers requires secure authentication methods. This article explains how to configure One-Time Password pre-authentication.

In the previous article of this Kerberos Delegation series, you learned how to configure Kerberos Constrained Delegation. Today, I will discuss pre-authentication methods that are not based on Active Directory. Users can pre-authenticate using Windows Active Directory authentication, RADIUS OTP authentication, Certificate authentication or LDAP authentication, and even with PKI certificates.

In the example here, we will use a one-time password solution that provides a simple, user friendly and very secure solution that is ideal for securing access to corporate resources when used with Microsoft (TMG) and Kerberos Constrained Delegation. I will describe how Protocol Transition works with TMG, i.e. how you can authenticate users with one method and then pass the credentials to the backend using Kerberos.

… read more of Using TMG, one-time passwords and Kerberos Constrained Delegation

Author: Simon Simcic
Copyright © 2006-2011, 4sysops, Digital fingerprint: 3db371642e7c3f4fe3ee9d5cf7666eb0

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users