thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:21 AM

First things first, a question to Nuno and Peter. Today I loaded a few WinBuilder builds into RAM using SDI and IMG based images. I noticed that the more receint HiveFactory and BuildModel based LiveXP project BSODs on startup. The older LiveXP project with predefined hives does not. This may not be related but when working on the most recent FBWF script, I found I had to make some changes to fix a startup delay when used with the new build. What do you guys think, could there be a minifilter problem?

Maybe it's already fixed. :P

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10533 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

I haven't yet tried SDI builds so my personal experience is very limited, but I would start by comparing NativeEX hives against bartPE ones using the same windows source and test the differences to see where they differ.

There is also txtsetup.sif since both builds might use be different values some relevant keys- it's a detective work.. :P

Maybe after testing mobileOS and finishing the FTP section will get some time to help you on this question!

:P

#3 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:04 AM

That's exactly what I was doing earlier, started to at least. I expoted the .reg files from the v53 build of LiveXP and had a look. Right now I'm working on a few things in the current project before I export the hives I'll used for reference. I'm hoping the result will be a new project. Of course it won't be as world class as your new pe factory! I got to look at alot of the recent changes today and set up a template for scripts that are backwards compatible.

Also... Something is interfearing with RAMDisk setup. For example, only some of the QSoft drivers work correctly with the latest project. Peter noticed something too, that RAMDisks were behaving oddly. Did he look into it? :P ...not yet anyway.

-edit-
all is now well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users