#1 David.1090

David.1090
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hi,

I've recently been trying to configure Win7PE to use as a recovery tool. So far, I've been able to handle most of the errors I've been getting, but frankly, I don't know enough about the scripting and integration process to correct this problem.

During the build process, WinBuilder consistently fails during step 14 / 47, during the unmounting of the WIM files for the Explorer Shell [1-explorer.script].

I've uploaded the log file at the following address:

http://www.mediafire...6d83rl3iflt70yo

Please note that I've been restarting my PC and WinBuilder and, thus far, this error has been consecutively repeated on three separate occasions. And despite the times listed in the log, WinBuilder hangs at the unmounting process without reporting the error for 6+ hours (left overnight), and only reports the error after clicking "halt".

Any help in solving this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- David

#2 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1,283 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hi,

I've recently been trying to configure Win7PE to use as a recovery tool. So far, I've been able to handle most of the errors I've been getting, but frankly, I don't know enough about the scripting and integration process to correct this problem.

During the build process, WinBuilder consistently fails during step 14 / 47, during the unmounting of the WIM files for the Explorer Shell [1-explorer.script].

Actually the unmounting of the WIM takes place as part of the OnBuildExit process that is set up by the project to unmount WIM and do other cleanups due to an error.

I've uploaded the log file at the following address:

Thanks - this is ALWAYS a help and necessary step - sorry no one got back to this before now!

Please note that I've been restarting my PC and WinBuilder and, thus far, this error has been consecutively repeated on three separate occasions. And despite the times listed in the log, WinBuilder hangs at the unmounting process without reporting the error for 6+ hours (left overnight), and only reports the error after clicking "halt".

I think this may be due to the second error message from the log...

[Failed]  (1-explorer.script) RegWrite - Type: [0x4] Section [HKLM\WB-default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] Key [Start_MinMFU]:

[Failed]  (Common_Api.script) Access violation at address 004041F2 in module 'WinBuilder.exe'. Read of address 3F0028C1: [Run,%API%,UnMountImagex]

where the process isn't working correctly inside the part of the API that is supposed to unmount the image after the error.

The real "error" is on writing the registry key...And to "debug" that, you have to look at the log closer and the script. I did that, and say that in the log file, the lines above this failure alll list a value that is being written to the registry along with the key being written...But not this one.

So, next I went to the code (you can click on the ICON in WB for the script, and use the internal editor. I say this was associated with the variable %pScrollBox11%, and went to the interface (based on my knowledge that variables like this that say ScrollBox are usually part of the interface - or more "finds" in the code), and see that this is a pull down for the number of entries on the menu.

Did you change that? If so, try setting it to a reasonable number (like 9). If not, check to make sure that the script is OK, and setting it as a value - one easy way to do that is to edit the script, and at the top of the [process] section, just put these lines

echo,%pScrollBox11%

halt

//

and then just run the script stand-alone (use the small green button)...and make sure it is printing out a proper value.

If that is OK, then we need to do more work - I would also try the latest version (82) of the WB executable. That might fix the access violation...

Feel free to PM me if you get stuck or just reply here.

Scott
:cheers:

#3 David.1090

David.1090
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:18 AM

I'm really in no hurry to finish the build, since it's mostly for malware/spyware cleaning and file recovery for my friends and family. Any help is definitely appreciated.

Thanks for the above suggestion. After following that (along with an excessive amount of fiddling between my original post, and this response - most of which, I don't even remember what I'd done), I've finally managed to get the build to finish.

There WAS a minor issue with the script hanging indefinitely on the Drivers -> Driver Integration script, but the build seems to function correctly in booting on a number of machines without any additional drivers, even if I don't get WiFi functionality.

I'll test another build that includes driver integration tomorrow, and upload the log if it fails again.

On a side note: Any suggestions on which driver packs are most likely to include broad wireless card support from the "Latest Driver Packs" link? LAN? WAN? Etc?

None of these seem to include support for my own Intel-based card, which doesn't fill me with a lot of hope for compatibility across a variety of laptops.

Thanks,

- David

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users