#1 gregb204

gregb204
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

hi,

new to using xboot, the link from xboot download gives alot of choices for mem86 I tried 3 from 1/25 dated new in red and one of each above it zip file.** Memtest86+ V4.20 (25/01/2011) **

Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.gz)
Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)

Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable Binary (.gz)
Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable Binary (.zip)

Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*
Download - Pre-Compiled EXE file for USB Key (Pure DOS) *OBSOLETE*

I need to know why when download onto my w7 64byte ie 9, cant drag to box in xboot to get on list. I think it is simple answer but I need tip.
I was able to do bitdefener from download list and it dragged to box. then I selected usb create and it appeared on list of xboot.

would like to get mem86 as that is what really need to have on usb I want to troubleshoot with.

thanks.

#2 gregb204

gregb204
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

I now went back to my usb drive and click to open and have to click on xboot app list to show the program. it doesnt list the bitdef I had previously installed. it is in images folder if I click on images.see memtest in list. tried another rescue cd and downloaded and tried to move folder from my c download to my usb xboot F drive and want drag over.

any tip or explain what is going on for this easy to drop drag program that is not working for me.

thanks for reading .

greg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users