12 replies to this topic

#1 Lodovik

Lodovik

• .script developer
  • 38 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:35 AM

Hello and congratulations for such a great project!

I have a problem. I've built an ISO which is booting fine into ram, no apparent problems. I just wanted to add some antivirus applications I use in DOS (McAffee and Fprot). I know they're working on NTFS so I thought I could zip them and put the archive in the ISO. All went well, I also put Pkunzip and some other utilities that were tested in XP before. But, when I try to run something as simple as pkunzip, the command-line freezes and I get no response. Same thing for many other tools I used to run in XP as command-line utilities. Is there some DLLs I should add to the build that will enable 16-bit programs?

Thanks!

#2 xpdoctor

xpdoctor

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

That means that we need one more script supporting 16bit apps. We can create it based on barts plug in for pe builder. I'll try to make it.

#3 xpdoctor

xpdoctor

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:12 AM

Well thats a start. This script does exactly wat dospe.inf do. I hope that nuno wil help us to make it smaller by removing some mci or sound references. I haven't tested yet, so post any problem you find.

Get the latest version of dospe.script here : dospe.script

#4 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:51 PM

Also, if you wanted you could use 7zip instead of just regular zip and repackage your base file:
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Then you could use HXDOS in your DOS to unpack it:
http://www.japheth.de/HX.html

#5 Lodovik

Lodovik

• .script developer
  • 38 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

I wasn't aware that support for 16-bit needed that much files. But it will do nicely for me as my maximum ISO build size is around 100 MB so the build will run into RAM on a 256 MB computer with a 64 MB ramdrive. I will also take a look at Yorn suggestions as replacement for pkunzip. My current solution to the problem was self-extract WinRARs. Scan was OK but Fprot need 16-bit support anyways.

Thanks for the help!

#6 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:08 PM

I haven't tested it so if you find any bug please report it . :P

(I have changed my nic from xpdoctor to smiley)

#7 Lodovik

Lodovik

• .script developer
  • 38 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

The 16-bit support is working like a charm! :P I had some errors while processing the script though:

FileCopy - Failed to copy [G:\XP_SP2\I386\_DEFAULT.PIF] to: [G:\ISO\Openbuilder\Target\i386]

FileCopy - Failed to copy [G:\XP_SP2\I386\SYSTEM.INI] to: [G:\ISO\Openbuilder\Target\i386]

FileCopy - Failed to copy [G:\XP_SP2\I386\WIN.INI] to: [G:\ISO\Openbuilder\Target\i386]

Expand - Failed to CAB expand file: [G:\XP_SP2\i386\mapi.dl_] Dir:[G:\ISO\Openbuilder\Target\i386\system32]

Expand - Failed to CAB expand file: [G:\XP_SP2\i386\rasapi16.dl_] Dir:[G:\ISO\Openbuilder\Target\i386\system32]

Expand - Failed to CAB expand file: [G:\XP_SP2\i386\wowfax.dl_] Dir:[G:\ISO\Openbuilder\Target\i386\system32]

Expand - Failed to CAB expand file: [G:\XP_SP2\i386\wowfaxui.dl_] Dir:[G:\ISO\Openbuilder\Target\i386\system32]

But no errors after booting the ISO. Maybe these are due to the fact that I use XP SP2 as a source. But, looking at the names of the files, I don't think it will cause any problems...

Tanks again, Smiley

#8 jaymcjay

jaymcjay

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

Can you attach the script to add 16-bit support? It'd be pretty useful for testing purposes. Thanks!

#9 Lodovik

Lodovik

• .script developer
  • 38 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

Here it is...

Attached Files

#10 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:26 PM

Fixed the errors that occured. I have changed many things that were wrong in the script.

If any other error occures, please report :P

Thank to all for your help... :P

I'll post also in The developement section. Please report there.

Get the latest version of dospe.script here : dospe.script

#11 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for adding 16bit support, I'll surely add it on the next release! :P

#12 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:03 PM

It'd be interesting to see how much this support increases the size of the build, too. But what's great is if someone doesn't need it, they just turn it off. Pretty cool if you ask me.

#13 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:34 PM

I've already tested it and adds around 3~4Mb..

Not sure if these values can't be optimized.. (UPX, makecab, removing obsolete files)
:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users