Team Reboot 2011

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hello,

In the Netherlands will occur during the 7th and 8th of July 2011 the DIMVA conference: http://www.cs.vu.nl/dimva2011/

DIMVA stands for "Detection of Intrusions and Malware & Vulnerability Assessment", which is described as:

The annual DIMVA conference serves as a premier forum for advancing the state of the art in intrusion detection, malware detection, and vulnerability assessment. Each year DIMVA brings together international experts from academia, industry and government to present and discuss novel research in these areas. DIMVA is organized by the special interest group Security - Intrusion Detection and Response (SIDAR) of the German Informatics Society (GI).

During the 7th of July, there will be a Capture the Flag Event at the same conference: http://www.cs.vu.nl/...articipants.php

I will be participating and am looking for more people to join and represent the Reboot community at this event. There is no need to be present physically since team communication can be done through email. I think it will a fun event and I hope you are also up for a challenge.

Each team can be composed with up to 8 elements, if you are interested in participating then you can either reply here or send me a message so that we can talk.

Take care!

:)

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Thank you for all the messages sent so far.

We are still looking for more participants.

:unsure:

#3 florin91

florin91

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 197 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hi!
I saw that REBOOT TEAM is already registered ... first, among other good teams. I wonder who are the other seven members !?

And I saw the event is hacking related and will run for 8 hours. In this event Capture the Flag, you are not allowed to attack the hosts ? And how could an "html" only website suppose to be hacked?

And what is the relations between hacking and Detection of Intrusions and Malware & Vulnerability Assessment?

And what knowledge would you need in such event?
A lot of questions, but I just wanted to make sure I understood about what is this.
Thanks!

Edited by florin91, 22 June 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#4 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

I saw that REBOOT TEAM is already registered ... first, among other good teams. I wonder who are the other seven members !?

Hallo,

Not yet seven. I'm still looking for more people to join, interested? :dubbio:

And I saw the event is hacking related and will run for 8 hours. In this event Capture the Flag, you are not allowed to attack the hosts ? And how could an "html" only website suppose to be hacked?

I have no idea of what will happen. Usually they give challenges to solve and we exchange emails about how to solve them.

And what is the relations between hacking and Detection of Intrusions and Malware & Vulnerability Assessment?

The relation is remedium -> http://goo.gl/5zvnt

This is the first beta release of the remedium platform. It will index all files inside a given workstation (sentinel component). The next step is synchronizing this information with other computers inside a given network (triumvir/centrum components).

Posted Image

We create a repository of information large enough to help detect suspicious files when they reach the borders of your computer.

:)

#5 florin91

florin91

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 197 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

Hallo!

So, the thread name is Team Reboot 2011. Who is in this team?

I saw that it's on the 7th July 2010 between 8:30 -- 16:30 CEST = 8 hours
That means 7:30 -- 15:30 GMT +0 or 02:30 -- 10:30 Pittsburg GMT -5 :worship:

Since this is a team, don't get fooled by the Time Zone catch :cheers:

And one small thing: Hello == English, Hallo == Dutch or German ... do not think it's a typo.

Cheers!

#6 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hello,

You are right about the "Hello", German is one of those languages that I'd like to learn one day.

As for Romanian, would also like to learn a bit more as I've never heard it spoken but recently noted that was able to read it (to some extent) due to our common Latin inheritance.

---

As for team reboot, I can't disclose the name in public before the contest starts but you are welcome to join. So far in our team we are 4 people with some members still not sure if they'll be able to join.

:cheers:

#7 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

We've started the preparations today, wish us luck.. :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users