Photo
- - - - -

Help. Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 xfaust

xfaust
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

Please help. I'm using "Win7PE_SE_2011_05_20" from here http://reboot.pro/12427/
and when I click play, at step 5 I receive this error "Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)". I've searched online and tried:

1. Mounting Windows 7 iso for the source.
2. Copied Windows 7 files to local drive for source. Extracted with winrar from iso.
3. Running Winbuilder as admin, and from root drive, no spaces in dir.
4. UAC is off.
5. Used Win7 x32 and x64 as source files.
7. Already installed WAIK Win7 version.
8. Re-unzipped Win7PE_SE_2011_05_20 and rebooted at each attempt.

Always fails with same error. I'm using Win7x64 as host machine. I am not a developer and appreciate any help.

Here is the section in the log with the error:

Run - Processing section: [CheckMountInstallWim] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Win7PE_SE\Build\0-preconfig.script]
IF - File does not exist: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\1Mount\InstallWimSrc\Windows\explorer.exe] evaluated string: [If,Not,ExistFile,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\explorer.exe",Message,"Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)",ERROR]
IF - File does not exist: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\1Mount\InstallWimSrc\Windows\explorer.exe] evaluated string: [If,Not,ExistFile,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\explorer.exe",Halt,"Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)"]
Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)
Run - Processed section [CheckMountInstallWim] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Win7PE_SE\Build\0-preconfig.script]
Script time: 12 seconds and 809 miliseconds

Finished processing script: 0 - PreConfig

Project time: 39 seconds and 647 miliseconds
OnBuildExit [Exec,%API%,Clean,COMMAND]

#2 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

You will need to post the full log - please from winbuilder Tools\Options select Debug Log.

Also as you have the windows 7 aik installed on the Build \ Retrieve Tools script force the WAIK to be used - make sure only 'Installed WAIK' is selected then press 'Retrieve Tools'.

Then press the big blue Play button.

Can be a bad idea to run winbuilder from the root of the boot drive. Create a directory like c:\winbuilder and extract the download into that directory.

#3 xfaust

xfaust
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for the reply paraglider.

I tried your advice, set 'Installed WAIK' and pressed 'Retrieve Tools', then clicked Play. Same error.

Here is the Log

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

Your log shows:

[Info] Mounting Windows Win7 boot.wim with ImageX...
[Success] ShellExecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\Win7PE_SE\X64\imagex.exe] with parameters: [/mount "G:\sources\boot.wim" 2 "%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\1Mount\BootWimSrc"]
[Info] ImageX mount boot.wim return : 2
[Info] [//-]
[Info] Mounting Windows Win7 install.wim (Index : 5 - Ultimate) with ImageX...
[Success] ShellExecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\Win7PE_SE\X64\imagex.exe] with parameters: [/mount "G:\sources\install.wim" 5 "%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\1Mount\InstallWimSrc"]
[Info] ImageX mount install.wim return : 2

2 > File not found.
"G:\sources\boot.wim" and "G:\sources\install.wim" do not exist.

Maybe there are some troubles to read directly from CD. You should extract the CD into any (first level recommended) directory on a hdd. Recommended to set the attributes of the directory to "write enabled" after extracting.

Peter

#5 xfaust

xfaust
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

Hi Peter,

Tried the extract as you mentioned, checked security permissions on the folder and ensured read-only was not set. Also checked for those two .wim files and they both exist. Same error message when I build.

Do you think it has anything to do with the environment. I am on Win7x64 SP1, and Source for the build is Win7x32 SP0?

Thanks

#6 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

Have you really pointed to your source, on hard drive, in the main config script?

Anyway, just for testing if your source is ok you can try with this small project:
http://al-jo.99k.org/Win7PE_tiny.7z
Is the result same?

Attached Files

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hi Peter,

Tried the extract as you mentioned, checked security permissions on the folder and ensured read-only was not set. Also checked for those two .wim files and they both exist. Same error message when I build.

Do you think it has anything to do with the environment. I am on Win7x64 SP1, and Source for the build is Win7x32 SP0?

Thanks

I remember some reports that the 6.0.6001.18000 ImageX (fastest) does not longer work on Win7 SP1 host.

Peter

#8 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

No that combination works for me - win7 x64 sp1 host, source win7 x86 or win7 x86 sp1. I use imagex version 6.1.7600.16385 from the win7 aik.

Could try replacing the version at Projects\Tools\Win7PE_SE\x64\imagex.exe with the version from the win7 aik ( 6.1.7600.16385 ).

Also verify the version of wimgapi.dll. It should be the same.

If you have UAC enabled you should get prompt for elevation when run winbuilder. I always have UAC enabled and have never had a problem with winbuilder / win7 projects.

#9 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

Also on Images Configuration script make sure that Wim Tools is set to imagex and always use wimmount driver is not checked.

#10 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

Just tried again with win7 x86 source. I had problems with the project finding the 6.0 files. Had to manually copy the imagex6.1.exe to imagex6.0.exe and wimgapi6.1.dll to wimgapi6.0.dll in the Projects\Tools\Win7PE_SE\x64 directory.

#11 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Assuming you are using one of the winbuilder 81 test versions ( latest version in this thread http://reboot.pro/14...post__p__128389 ) once you get the project working make this change to the win7pe_se script.project file:

[Process]
System,COMP80,OFF

i.e. add 'System,COMP80,OFF' immediately after the '[Process]'.

Project will build at least 2 times faster if you do this.

#12 xfaust

xfaust
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Hi, I got it working. I used another win7x32 source with sp1 included and it worked. Not sure if sp1 made a difference or some issue with original source I was using.

Thanks to everyone for your help, truly appreciate it.

#13 Klaus21

Klaus21

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

I also would need your help - I have the same problem as xfaust.
Source: Windows7 x86 with SP1 and WAIK installed, and WinBuilder82.0.1.0.exe Win7PE_SE_2011_07_22.
I took the 6 files from WAIK in the following directory:
\ Win7PE_SE \ Projects \ Tools \ Win7PE_SE \ x86 \
(bcdedit.exe, imagex6.1.exe, wimgapi6.1.dl, wimmount.inf, wimmount.sys) x64 wimserv.exe.
Main Configuration, Images configuration Retrieve Tools run without error.
0-PreConfig - I have the following message:
%BaseDir% = E:\Diverse Projecte\Win7PE_SE\
Run - Processed section [MountWin7] in file: [% BaseDir% \ Projects \ Win7PE_SE \ Build \ 0-preconfig.script]
Run - Processing section: [CheckMountInstallWim] From file: [% BaseDir% \ Projects \ Win7PE_SE \ Build \ 0-preconfig.script]
[Success] IF - File does not exist: [% BaseDir% \ Mount \ Win7PE_SE \ Source \ InstallWimSrc \ Windows \ explorer.exe] evaluated string: [If Not, ExistFile, "InstallSRC%% \ windows \ explorer.exe" , message, "Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)", ERROR]
[Success] Message: Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)
[Success] IF - File does not exist: [% BaseDir% \ Mount \ Win7PE_SE \ Source \ InstallWimSrc \ Windows \ explorer.exe] evaluated string: [If Not, ExistFile, "InstallSRC%% \ windows \ explorer.exe" 'Stop,' Error with mounting source! (Install.wim) "]
[Warning] Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)
Regards Klaus

P.S.: I've got the same Problem with Win7RescuePE8v.13) - I also tried different sources (Win7 Ultimate and Enterprise x86)

((0-preconfig.script) Mount Win7 boot.wim files with imagex.exe returned with 2)

Edited by Klaus21, 10 September 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#14 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

As has been posted in other topics, the easiest way to prevent mounting errors it to extract the WIM files. In fact, there is even a script to do that for you in the project!

You didn't post the entire log, so it is hard to tell what other things may have been going on!!! So, if you really need help, then clean things out, and start over. This time, let the project extract the right tools to process the SP1 based project, SET the debug option and post a FULL log somewhere for us to look at. BUT, can almost 100% guarantee that if you EXTRACT the wim file contents - using script or even a tool like 7zip, you won't have any issue

#15 Klaus21

Klaus21

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

How can I Upload the log.html ?

#16 Klaus21

Klaus21

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

I needed something to upload the file - Sorry
http://www.mediafire...bq7frfn3qwe5mtx

I probably pushed too often apply - but unfortunately it can not delete the post

(I can and did - just to keep things cleaner :) )

Edited by sbaeder, 12 September 2011 - 01:58 AM.
comment on delete previous double posting

#17 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:16 AM

Well, the script could do a better job on error trapping and reporting - Thanks for the log file (might want to compress it (7zip?) in the future for those that have limited bandwidth caps, but for me - it is a BIG help...

here is the part where things went wrong (for some reason)

Mounting Windows Win7 boot.wim with ImageX...

ShellExecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\Win7PE_SE\X86\imagex.exe] with parameters: [/mount "E:\Win7U\sources\boot.wim" 2 "%BaseDir%\Mount\Win7PE_SE\Source\BootWimSrc"]

ImageX mount boot.wim return : 2

[//-]

Mounting Windows Win7 install.wim (Index : 5 - Ultimate) with ImageX...

ShellExecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\Win7PE_SE\X86\imagex.exe] with parameters: [/mount "E:\Win7U\sources\install.wim" 5 "%BaseDir%\Mount\Win7PE_SE\Source\InstallWimSrc"]

ImageX mount install.wim return : 2

The return codes mean the mount failed, and then the later check to see if the file it wanted could be accessed wan't there, so it failed and aborted.

Hard to say why this "failed"...the other checks on the right WAIK tools, etc. passed OK. Looking at the log more, I see you copied the contents of the DVD to a hard disk...Your source is listed as "E:\Win7U" and the project base is E:\Diverse Projecte\Win7PE_SE Is it an UN-modified version of the source from Microsoft?

If it is an unmodified copy DVD, then I would suggest that use the Utils script called Extract Wim Folders to create an extracted copy of the WIMs, and change the settings in the Images Configuration script to use the extracted copy - maybe on the same drive you are using for the project? While in theory, it should work just fine with a mounted WIM, this does bypass the whole WIM Mount issue.

Good Luck
Scott

#18 Klaus21

Klaus21

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hi Scott,
Thank you for your reply. But it is still not working.
Tried the following:
1st Clean Win7PE_SE_2011_07_22
2nd New Orig Win7 SP1 DVD (Trial) to E: \ Win7U copied.
3rd Windows AIK installed.
4th Path adapted and started.
With the (0-preconfig.script) I get the old Error "Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)"
Here is the log file: http://www.mediafire...3sslopaatf7iaus

As you can see I've got some problems with both projects.

regards Klaus

#19 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

yes - above the error in the script file, there are the lines that show an error on the mount...

Try following the information in this post http://www.minasi.co...?TOPIC_ID=35951 to make sure all the old mounts are cleaned up and removed. I would also suggest (if you plan to build more than one time :) ) to use the util script to extract the wim files.

Also, the tutorial (with screen shots) is a good place to start...But, my guess is that there are still some issues with the mount points and other "stuff" that needs to be cleaned out.

#20 Klaus21

Klaus21

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the links - I've already read everything and checked again.
I tried following:
imagex / mount e: \ Win7U \ sources \ boot.wim 2 e: \ mount_boot
imagex / mount e: \ Win7U \ sources \ install.wim 5 e: \ mount_install

Win7PE_SE -> Image Configuration
x Use your folders Extracted wim

With the following error message:
(Images.script) RegHiveLoad - Failed to load registry hive: [WB-SOFT] From file: [E:\Mount_Install\Windows\system32\config\software]

Do you have any idea?

regards Klaus

#21 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

You are confusing the concepts of "mounted" and extracted (I think)...

When you manually mounted the WIM, did it work OK - could you CD (or explore) into that directory and fine the path mentioned above?? [E:\Mount_Install\Windows\system32\config\software] ?? If so, then the WinBUilder script should have been able to see that file too. If NOT (i.e. using a CMD shell or explorer), then there is an issue with the whole use of the wimfiltr and mounting a WIM.

On the other hand, BEFORE you change the image configuration, you have to "extract" the files. (this is done in the Utils folder (bottom of list) using the script provided (or other tools that can unpack a WIM file)

Scott

#22 Klaus21

Klaus21

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

For a while I thought the solution was found. I just changed the Drive (D:\) and everything was working.
But after I've tried different versions the old Error is back. Perhaps the error came after I nativeEX have tested (here I still had the old error).
What am very surprised that 'Image Configuration' runs without errors.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong ??

regards Klaus

P.S.: DISM /Get-MountedWimInfo and Imagex /Unmount = No Mounted Images
Unpack wim with 7zip into E:\WimU\boot\ and E:\WimU\install\
ExtractetBootWim: E:\WimU\boot\2\
ExtractetInstallWim: E:\WimU\install\5\
With the following error message:
(Images.script) RegHiveLoad - Failed to load registry hive: [WB-SOFT] From file: [E:\WimU\install\5\Windows\system32\config\software]: Unknown error

Edited by Klaus21, 18 September 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#23 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

So is there a file at [E:\WimU\install\5\Windows\system32\config\software], and have you seen if you can mount it into the registry. (i.e. manually duplicate using regedit the same actions that the script is trying to do?

Easiest way to help you with that is to suggest you open regedit, and then use the HELP to look at the "load" functionality.

Maybe it is some sort of permission issue. Are you using a "standard" or "administrator" privileged account? (just grasping at straws here)...i.e. when you run Winbuilder, does it run with privs?

#24 Klaus21

Klaus21

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hi Scot,
thanks for your answer.

So is there a file at [E:\WimU\install\5\Windows\system32\config\software],

**There is a File software with 23,0 M and SOFTWARE.LOG (.LOG1 + LOG2) **

and have you seen if you can mount it into the registry. (i.e. manually duplicate using regedit the same actions that the script is trying to do?
Easiest way to help you with that is to suggest you open regedit, and then use the HELP to look at the "load" functionality.

** can you tell me what I must do in the registry? - Excuse for my "stupid" questions. **

Maybe it is some sort of permission issue. Are you using a "standard" or "administrator" privileged account? (just grasping at straws here)...i.e. when you run Winbuilder, does it run with privs?

** I am starting Winbuilder as an administrator. **

Thank you for the effort

regards Klaus

P.S.: Sorry for my "Google English"

#25 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

English is fine!...Better than my German!

Open Regedit, and view the key HKEY_USERS, where we are going to try to mount the file...
Attached File  0001.gif   14.99KB   29 downloads

Then we can use the "Load" functionality...It is on the "File menu"...
Attached File  0003.gif   6.93KB   37 downloads

And then browse to the file and Load it. (give it a keey name that is unique - WinBuilder scripts use different ones (like [WB-SOFT]) but I used "foo" here, and you can then explore into the registry !
Attached File  0004.gif   12.11KB   35 downloads Attached File  0005.gif   9.42KB   24 downloads

The only other thing I can think of is some sort of weird interaction with the wimfiltr and the other tools used to mount the image as you are switching back and forth between the two different projects...

Anything else you can think of that might be different about your environment?

But, let's get past this first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users