Photo
- - - - -

iPaid 2 much hysteria is on | IE 9 RTM signed off | App-V Package Accelerators | Known issues with App-V 4.6 SP1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Pietroforte

Michael Pietroforte

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 660 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:29 AM

• Quick! Get an iPaid 2 much and join the typical Apple crowd hysteria Posted Image
  • Internet Explorer 9 RTM build signed-off Posted Image
  • App-V Package Accelerators Posted Image
  • Known issues with Microsoft App-V 4.6 SP1 Posted Image
Author: Michael Pietroforte
Copyright © 2006-2011, 4sysops, Digital fingerprint: 3db371642e7c3f4fe3ee9d5cf7666eb0

View the full article

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

Nice gadget the Ipad2 is. Not worth paying that much. Lacks some expected things. It does seem to be faster.

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

They have a good marketing department.

I´ll just keep using my white board and marker as a tablet to take notes and the sort.

Still works quite well.

:crazyrocker:

#4 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

Hi :mellow:

I was looking for powerful tablets instead, something that has PEN, Finger etc on screen...

After many minutes of trying right search word, finally found "Convertible Notebook Tablet" which showed results:

Fujitsu T900 (i5 or i7), Dell Latitude XT2 XFR Rugged (c2d), Toshiba Portege M780-ST7204 (i5 or i7) etc but non of them have decent graphics :cheers: and MAX Memory support so far is 8GiB. If future OSes are w7 like bulky, FiraDisk-ing around can be... :thumbdown:

So ultimately having arm aching 5.3kg super power XEON pen notebook 120Hz 3D screen (EuroCom Panther 2.0) is kind of cool :smiling9:

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

Already had one of those around 2008. It was an HP TX1000.
Posted Image

It was nice for the wow factor but I ended up not using much the touch screen after I removed Windows Vista and installed Ubuntu on it.

If I were to get a similar machine nowadays, I would choose the Toughbook CF-C1: http://www.toughbook...uggedized/cf-c1
Posted Image

I had a Toughbook CF-R1 back in 2003 and it was a real tough machine to move around the world.

Can only expect that CF-C1 and Windows 7 provide a really good combination to get work done.

:cheers:

#6 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

Already had one of those around 2008. It was an HP TX1000.
Posted Image

It was nice for the wow factor but I ended up not using much the touch screen after I removed Windows Vista and installed Ubuntu on it.

If I were to get a similar machine nowadays, I would choose the Toughbook CF-C1: http://www.toughbook...uggedized/cf-c1
Posted Image

I had a Toughbook CF-R1 back in 2003 and it was a real tough machine to move around the world.

Can only expect that CF-C1 and Windows 7 provide a really good combination to get work done.

:cheers:

interesting... looks very rock solid :whistling: Intel HD integrated graphics sucks though...

cool, it also has XP tablet edition support...

edit: search works "Rugged Convertible Notebook" gives further rugged results... thanks

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Rugged machines are very good. You don't need to worry about carrying them from one side to another or even worry so much about where you are working with them.

Recently I've started liking macbook pro because they are also tough. Mine survived in my hands through numerous falls, rain and hot sun exposure.

This year I've left it in the house for my 2 y.o. kid to play and see the kid movies on youtube. He manages to treat this mac even worse than I did and the machine still works ok.

---

Albeit not kids-proof, I'd still risk going for the panasonic machine. I like the tablet support and the long-lasting batteries.

:whistling:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users