• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

Just visited the NaughtyPE topic and was very surprised to see, what nonsense smileys i and other users seemed to have used throughout.

It looks like most, if not all smileys have been replaced by random others.

Any way to fix this?

:dubbio:

PS: The main post is already fixed.

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

Can you please provide an example screenshot or link where this happens (in more detail)?

There were some new smiley's introduced but I don't recollect seeing any changes on the existent ones.

Thank you for reporting, hope all is well with you.

:dubbio:

#3 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

Yes, i'm fine. Thank you. How are you? Still living the life of a fugetive? :w00t:

Here is a link for you.
At topic: http://reboot.pro/38...8564#entry28564

I tryed to make a screenshot, but i couldn't get FF to accept the autoscroll command from the screencapture tool.

Anyway, just have a look at the first page of the topic.
I always sign with a :cheers: as you know.

Here i sign with a :), :cheers:, :unsure:, :huh:, :boredom:

In the first post had a :happy_dance: turned into a :cheers:, a :cheers: into :) and :cheers: :medieval: into :unsure: :(.

If there is any methode to it, i can't see it.

:cheers:

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

I see this in the mentioned topic:
medevil.gif
:happy_dance: ? (or in the mean time corrected by admins?)

Peter

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

Like i wrote in the first post. "PS: The main post is already fixed."

I fixed the main post of the NaughtyPE topic before realizing, that all postings suffered from this.

:happy_dance:

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

I cannot but confirm. ;)
Check this thread:
http://reboot.pro/12253/

Wonko signs ALWAYS with:

Wonko
i.e.:

Wonko

Check posts and you will see how NOT only the actual code was changed, but also that SAME code resuilts in different smilies. :w00t: <- this is a : w 0 0 t :

As an example the post #10:
http://reboot.pro/12253/page__st__9
Contained ORIGINALLY:
the ; ) :cheers: WINK and the usual : c h e e r s :
NOW it contains:
the : ) :) which is rendered as : c h e e r s : :cheers: and the : m e l l o w : which is rendered as : t h u m b s u p : :cheers:

WHAT THE HECK is happening? :unsure: <- this is a : u n s u r e :

Wonko

#7 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Check posts and you will see how NOT only the actual code was changed, but also that SAME code resuilts in different smilies. :cheers: <- this is a : w 0 0 t :

Yep, can find this in the NaughtyPE thread too. Really weird.

;)

#8 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

Yep, can find this in the NaughtyPE thread too. Really weird.

What is "preoccupying ;), as I see it, is that the problem is NOT apparently an "emoticons renamed" one, like having ALWAYS the (say) : c h e e r s : :cheers: linked to something else but:
hxxp://reboot.pro/public/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif
the actual text inside the post has been changed AND the same text appears like visualising some "other" image. :cheers:

:)
Wonko

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

This is really strange.

For example, on the post that you mention it is possible to see that the original text has changed but your text is quoted by another member, it shows as intended.

Here is a screenshot:
Posted Image

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

Not only. ;)

I cannot obviously see the contents of the quote (since quote of quote has been disabled) but I can guarantee you that originally the emoticon next to "Try wiping the 55AA" would have been a winking one :cheers:.

Anyway in my post above the signature there is now the : m e l l o w : text but it doesn't show as :) but rather as : t h u m b s u p : :cheers:

:unsure:
Wonko

#11 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

I first would like to know why/how/when the posts were rewritten/changed? Makes no sense to do something like that during a migration.
Then one could have a look into, why the server replaces the smileystrings not always with the same, much less correct smiley. Also why do only on old posts show the wrong smiley for a smileystring? :cheers:

;)

#12 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

I first would like to know why/how/when the posts were rewritten/changed? Makes no sense to do something like that during a migration.

I've been talking with Mikorist and he confirms the same results on his forum after transitioning to the new forum series.

Another fine easter egg from IP.B forums. I'm just glad that attachments and links aren't broken this time.

#13 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

Another fine easter egg from IP.B forums. I'm just glad that attachments and links aren't broken this time.

I find it a serious issue and NO laughing matter. :(

It is (if needed) another confirmation that the guys at IPB have no idea on how a software should be tested and verified before release.

Smilies are there to try and better express the sense of written words.

Compare these two fake posts (actually same one with "appropriate" vs. "wrong" smilies):

I presume that something was mixed up :unsure:, cannot say what could it be :cheers:.
An idea would be to start again from scratch :cheers:, if you can do that of course :cheers: .

I presume that something was mixed up :ranting2: , cannot say what could it be :w00t: .
An idea would be to start again from scratch :w00t: , if you can do that of course :unsure: .

Are you getting the "same" message?

Wonko

#14 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

I find it a serious issue and NO laughing matter.

Perhaps some misunderstanding derived from my last post, I am not laughing at this matter.

Preferably, I'd rather have no matter to worry about in the first place.

But given the fact that it affects all upgrades, I'm just glad that the damage is contained in the emoticons and not at other parts of the content as seen in past upgrades.

#15 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Preferably, I'd rather have no matter to worry about in the first place.

Sure, in a perfect world this won't happen. :ranting2:

But given the fact that it affects all upgrades, I'm just glad that the damage is contained in the emoticons and not at other parts of the content as seen in past upgrades.

Given the fact that the IPB guys want money in exchange for their crappy software, and you payed for it, you should SERIOUSLY SHOUT! :ph34r: at them, hoping that they will learn something from past errors reported to them and DULY SHOUTED about. :unsure:

Reading them some nice Vogon poetry would be better :dubbio: , but I don't think they would get it, and shouting is more fun.

:whistling:
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users