Photo
- - - - -

[QTTabBar & QTAddressBar] Amazing work... updated?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

<updated see last post>

For a very unusual reason (personal hibernation or something 2006-08) I couldn't check out this app "QTTabBar 1.2.3b" since its arrival! (last change log 2009). Continue to read below...
Posted Image

The Author "Quizo" seems to be "Disconnected aka dead??" but another author carried his/her work to windows 7 with QTTabBar 1.5. Not sure if Nuno Brito has already invited this dude or not, but it would be great to see someone like that here... The new name is "Paul Accisano".

Posted Image
The old author also made "QT Address Bar" which actually makes XP look brand new and COOL! :confused1:(you can right click, disable standard address bar and turn ON this one instead on folders)

Posted Image
Quizo's last activity \ Recent contributions (doesn't look dead) :cheers: 1.3.0.1??? What the? jap change log

#2 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

:dubbio: Original developer "Quizo" known to be dead (at least in forums) came out of his grave and released QT Tabbar 2.0 for Win7 [ChangeLOG || Download || Source]
Posted Image

Guy who modded (unofficially) so QT Tabbar works on Win7 also confirmed HERE (got email etc)

On my XP desktop: Posted Image

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

Not sure if Nuno Brito has already invited this dude or not, but it would be great to see someone like that here... The new name is "Paul Accisano".

Sure, it is a good development and it would be welcome here.

Looking at the site, the blog is used as the community centre and the project already holds a forum: http://sourceforge.n...qttabbar/forums

On these cases, the project author rarely has any interest in dropping an already started forum to join us here. Of course that one could explain that topics discussed here bring more relevance to each project than isolated at some sourceforge forum, but that kind of message is very difficult to pass onto authors.

Nevertheless, you are invited to be our spokesperson and talk with him. My only concern is to ensure that new forum sections have enough activity to justify them, nobody likes a forum with hundreds of sections only gathering dust.

:cheers:

#4 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

You're right, keeping eyes on two forums can kill him... ;) i sent him link to this thread anyways... :dubbio:

Quizo's site is also updated (all diverted to sourceforge). Sometimes i get the sneaky feeling that quizo's site is hacked or taken over by administrator of wikidot staff :cheers: (though, new announcement from Paul proves me wrong)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users