I'm sorry I did not answer your responses.
Some unexpected things took me out of routine
The reason for updating the all drivers to standards is more success to run on computers with different hardware... It is written in many places And it works for me.
for your instability direct installation , sounds strange.
maybe sha0 might have an idea. Everything is stable and proper for me.
Yesterday I checked at work on another 5 computers - works like a charm
I do not see anything needed updating.
If anyone sees , tell me please
You have no idea how happy I am
I have a multi-boot usb with all the tools/installations/full os running in the world...
All versions of windows installation
dozens of versions of live Linuxfull
Ubuntu+Kubuntu running from ext2 partitions
all sardu tools
full universal win7 running from vhdand now finally
full universal xp running from vhd
From my experience I can say the most comfortable system for pc repairs/virus cleaning/portable os for internet/multimedia/mail/Quick work with files... is this xp.vhd .
* its small (lass than 1 gb)
* its boot very fast (11 sec with ewf - 19 sec without ewf)
* full multimedia support so you can Immediately play your media
* full printing support
* your anti virus always up to date (no need wait for updates like in pe builds )
* your anti virus real time protection work (Unlike pe builds)
* easy to install driver from driverforce or driver geek including all type of drivers (better than pe builds)
* with ewf you are protected - only when you need to update or install something you commit write to disk and return to ewf protection
* all portable apps are works (i has 8gb collection i made with Thinstall )