Tested and working in these projects:
Jump to content
Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:40 PM
Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:31 PM
I'll assume you are using WB to actually open and look at the script, and not just an editor like notepad
I am still a beginner but I can read scripts. At least I can open them
That is what is happening here. You don't need to go get the files and put them anywhere! This is a philosophical point - is it better to embed the binarys inside the script making it be "one stop shopping", or is it better to have a generic script that has a built in way to go get it over the internet, and also update itself as needed? Not only are their pros and cons to each, there is sometimes the issues of copyright and "license" (distribution rights).
What I do not know until now and didnt find in the help section for app scripts
is where I put my actual files. In this case I got the TestDisk_win.zip.
Well, now we get down to the main issue...If the files are attached, AND you still had issues, then there is some other problem...For that, a log file of the processing could help. For debugging, I usually run the process, and un-select everything after the failed script. That way I can (most of the time) run the script several times to debug things. (An aside to Al-Jo...good to mark this as WIP, but we also have the development area which specifically calls out that is is the place for scripts under development)
...on building it tells me it can not find the executable.
What can I do?
where shall I put the testdisk exe etc.?
How could I have found the solution myself?
[process] StrFormat,path,%scriptdir%,%one_folder_up% StrFormat,CTrim,"%one_folder_up%","\",%one_folder_up% StrFormat,path,%one_folder_up%,%two_folders_up% StrFormat,CTrim,"%two_folders_up%","\",%two_folders_up% If,NotExistFile,"%two_folders_up%\testdisk_win.exe",Run,%ScriptFile%,HaltThe process section of that script is fairly limited, since it ASSUMES that the file is located "two folders up", and it does that by trying to take the script folder and parse backwards, stripping thigns off at a "\". Not sure this would work with links, and even if it did, it certainly wouldn't find the file inside the workbench area.
Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:44 PM
Don’t remember, it was 5 month ago, how I did or why I did it that way.
But, for sure it is working in all projects!
Will have a look tomorrow if it’s possible to clean it up a little bit…
You should try with this project:
Testdisk is included.
Don't change anything, just extract, start Winbuilder.exe, point to your source and click play!
Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:46 AM
Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:36 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users