Photo

New Feature Requests - Customizable Menu Structure, Save a Project / Session, etc...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stereodude

Stereodude
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

XBOOT is a great program! I have a few suggestions I think would make it better.

1) Allowing the menu structure to be customized. I realize it can be done manually after the "disk" is made by editing the *.g4d files, but that's bit of a pain.

2) Allowing a project / session to be saved & opened. This way you can save your session, open it later to add something to the compilation without having to add everything all over again.

3) Offer the option to erase / quick format the USB drive before starting. FWIW, I've found that if the USB drive isn't empty a few errors will pop up during the "copying" process the resulting "disk" doesn't work for some of the ISO copied to it.

Thanks!

#2 Stereodude

Stereodude
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

When I previously asked for #2 I didn't realize that it was possible to add to an existing compilation simply by opening XBOOT, adding the new ISO and pointing XBOOT to the existing drive. :dubbio:

#3 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

When I previously asked for #2 I didn't realize that it was possible to add to an existing compilation simply by opening XBOOT, adding the new ISO and pointing XBOOT to the existing drive. :dubbio:

Thats right.
But you should know that XBoot vs 1.0.0.0 beta6 is not compatible with previous versions of XBoot. So don't add ISO file to Multiboot USB created with previous versions of Xboot.

As xboot is in beta stage i often making major changes.In future this will not happen and New releases will be compatible with old releases.

Also There will be no files with .g4d extensions from XBoot v1.0.0.0beta6.(Only file with .cfg extensions)
I have made this change for making the menu structure simple.

*.g4d and *.mem files were creating too much complexity.Now there will be only *.cfg files and you can edit those files to make change to MENU TITLE or HELP TEXT.

I will look in to your suggestions and implement them when i got time.Currently i am busy in incorporating other features.

keep giving your feedback.

Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users