Photo

How to add Hiren's Boot CD v13 to XBoot?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Al-Amily

Al-Amily
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Iraq

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

Thank you for your great work, and i ask about any way to add Hiren's boot cd 13 to new version of xboot

#2 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Thank you for your great work, and i ask about any way to add Hiren's boot cd 13 to new version of xboot

Hiren's Boot CD can be added using grub4dos ISO emulation.

1) just drag and drop hiren boot cd in xboot ,
2) there will be a prompt about "File not recognized".
3) from drop down menu select "EXTRA --- Add using Grub4dos iso emulation"
4) click "add this file".

Here's a screen shot of adding a file using Grub4dos ISO Emulation

Posted Image

#3 darkmethane

darkmethane
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

This maybe true, however, Hiren boots but is not 100% functional. Hiren, when booted from a cd, is accessible as a cd device and loads it's HBCD Menu(Program Launcher). When booted from an xboot usb with grub4dos ISO emulation, Hiren boots, but is unable to mount itself as a cd device. Therefore, the HBCD Menu(Program Launcher), becomes unavailable.

#4 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

This maybe true, however, Hiren boots but is not 100% functional. Hiren, when booted from a cd, is accessible as a cd device and loads it's HBCD Menu(Program Launcher). When booted from an xboot usb with grub4dos ISO emulation, Hiren boots, but is unable to mount itself as a cd device. Therefore, the HBCD Menu(Program Launcher), becomes unavailable.

Which version of Hiren BootCD are you using?. This problem was occuring in Hiren BootCDv12 , due to buggy bootoader used in the Hiren BootCDv12.
In Hiren BootCDv13.0 this problem was fixed.

#5 dominus

dominus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

Sorry to tell you, but this was not solved in 13.1.
I was sure I did something wrong, until I found this post.
When using Hiren's through Xboot, none of the Hardware is recognized properly, the hbcd menu does not appear, and basic functions only apply...

#6 sara - pmedia

sara - pmedia

Frequent Member

• Lady
  • 184 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

These two options work for me after extracting HBCD folder to USB:

GRUB4DOS LODER

title Hiren's dos tools

find --set-root /HBCD/boot.gz

map --mem /HBCD/boot.gz (fd0)

map --hook

chainloader (fd0)+1

rootnoverify (fd0)

map --floppies=1

boot

title Mini Windows Xp

find --set-root /HBCD/XPLOADER.BIN

chainloader /HBCD/XPLOADER.BIN

SYSLINUX LODER

label Boot from Mini Windows XP Hiren's Boot CD

menu label Boot from Mini Windows XP ^Hiren's Boot CD

MENU INDENT 1

kernel /boot/grub.exe

APPEND --config-file="find --set-root /HBCD/XPLOADER.BIN;chainloader /HBCD/XPLOADER.BIN

#

label Boot from Hiren's Boot CD

menu label Boot from ^Hiren's Boot CD

MENU INDENT 1

kernel /boot/grub.exe

APPEND --config-file="/HBCD/menu.lst

#7 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

Sorry to tell you, but this was not solved in 13.1.
I was sure I did something wrong, until I found this post.
When using Hiren's through Xboot, none of the Hardware is recognized properly, the hbcd menu does not appear, and basic functions only apply...

As sara-pmedia has told , you can extract HBCD folder from hirenbootcd iso file and copy it to usb drive. Use the menu entry she has given. See if it solves your problem.
And post your results here so that i can fix it.

Regards.

#8 dominus

dominus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

Thanks for your responses.
The whole idea of using Xboot is to just put an ISO on the usb drive and discard the need to extract it or meddle with it in any way.
If I use Xboot's menu builder with the ISO itself, the Hiren XP Boot Cd works, but as I mentioned - only partially.
Is there a syslinux command that will remedy that?

#9 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for your responses.
The whole idea of using Xboot is to just put an ISO on the usb drive and discard the need to extract it or meddle with it in any way.

I asked for that to check whether problem was occurring due to xboot or it was inherent in HirenBootCD.

If I use Xboot's menu builder with the ISO itself, the Hiren XP Boot Cd works, but as I mentioned - only partially.
Is there a syslinux command that will remedy that?

Can you please tell me in more details like error messages , where specifically problem occurred?which applications are not working properly?

#10 dominus

dominus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, I got details -
The Hiren's XP boot loads very quick, but when it reaches desktop level, the hardware identifier runs, and it drops into a minimal desktop and start menu.
By minimal I mean no network card, several options to redetect hardware but none work, a check disk option, explore and several other things.
As a mini-pe it works great. I manage to run ghost32 out of it and checkdsk and stuff, but when I need more stuff like network access and disk on key detection, partition tools and basically all the Hiren goodness - I use my other usb drive with HBCD extracted...

#11 sara - pmedia

sara - pmedia

Frequent Member

• Lady
  • 184 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, I got details -
The Hiren's XP boot loads very quick, but when it reaches desktop level, the hardware identifier runs, and it drops into a minimal desktop and start menu.
By minimal I mean no network card, several options to redetect hardware but none work, a check disk option, explore and several other things.
As a mini-pe it works great. I manage to run ghost32 out of it and checkdsk and stuff, but when I need more stuff like network access and disk on key detection, partition tools and basically all the Hiren goodness - I use my other usb drive with HBCD extracted...

I'll tell you why this happens
The minixp.wim load & and run from ram.
After booting the system is looking for the HBCD folder for all extra tools, For some reason your minixp can not find HBCD folder .
It may be:
  • HBCD Folder is placed on the Secondary partition - move it to first active partition
  • HBCD Folder is placed in subfolder - move to root

#12 dominus

dominus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

Perhaps I wasn't clear - on my USB drive with only Hiren's I have extracted HBCD and all is working well.
I am trying to create a multiboot usb drive with my other drive that will run amongst other things the Hiren's in ISO format (Xboot's loading).
On *THAT* drive I have no HBCD directory, as it's all in the ISO.

#13 sara - pmedia

sara - pmedia

Frequent Member

• Lady
  • 184 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Just as I said :smart:
You have to understand the steps

your bootloader (g4d/syslinux) can map your .iso file as cdrom and start booting minixp from ram
after that bootloader finish it job and The minixp system Should be able to find HBCD folder.

You have only two options:

• Extract the folder to root
  • make some bath file to run on minixp startup and automatically mount your .iso (you can use imdisk/ultraiso...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users