• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

New beta release of SARDU.
2.0.2 beta 7a

Put your copy of SARDU in a folder without space in the path:

This release should allow the installation of Windows XP and Seven both from ISO that USB.

In Beta 7 i added:

• • Updated memtest
  • • Change management of ISO, now with .INI file
  • • Added tooltip for Button with name of iso searched by SARDU
  • • Added tooltip for CheckBox with name ,size, date of ISO used by SARDU
  • • Add check hash Md5 for .iso file (crash with 64 bit version)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I personally tested with MSDN isos in real PC and all works fine. In windows XP SARDU know if the version is SP3 or other. SARDU can use both windows XP Professional SPx that XP Home

User must have the ISO of windows , the USB must be FAT32 For format usb you can use RMPrepUSB formatting only the USB without boot options or HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

• Windows XP Professional SP3 SP2 = Install_XP_pro*.iso
  • Windows XP Home SP3 SP2 = Install_XP_home*.iso
  • Windows XP 64 = Install_XP_x64*.iso
  • Windows Seven = InstallWin7*.iso (deleting file ei.cfg and transform it in AIO)

With VirtualBox The install of Seven cannot work.

N.B. For install XP from USB I used partially the method and some files of winsetupfromusb

Feedback are really necessary

#2 Tr3bg0D

Tr3bg0D
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

At 1st look it appears to be a very useful program, and it probably is. What deters me from going any further is the amount of guessing that I need to do to figure out how it works. I looked for a readme or tutorial within the file to tell me how it works, but there was not anything there. My suggestion would be to create some form of instruction on how something like this works prior to release.

#3 danfong

danfong

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:08 AM

Dear,

My name is Danfong Hsieh. I'm from Taiwan, Republic of China. Personally, I appreciate the SARDU 2.0.2 beta 1 software very much. However, your software is still not widely used in Taiwan. In order to make it more popular in Taiwan, I hope to modify the user interface of your software into Chinese Traditional version(I have translated the old version v1.0.7.2b to you). May I ask for your authority to modify this software? And if it's OK, could you give me the corresponding language and resource files to do it as well?

Best Regards,

Danfong Hsieh

#4 IgImAx

IgImAx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

Hi davidecosta

tnx for great utility, I was use another utility for making "Win XP/Vista/7 usb bootable" But I need some easy to use and 100% working utility for making BartPE USB bootable and you build one! I will test it right now and let you know if it worx for me!

Have Fun

#5 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

Hi davidecosta,

please can add MultiPE?! Thank you

It is possible to configure from CLI? Can I run it from command line?

Idea: add SARDU to WinBuilder project as script.

Bug? After I click on button with description "Download/Update ISO" nothing happend. With defaul settings. After I enable Direct Download I can msgbox for download.

Can I translate your files to Czech?

Thank you for great work.

#6 Filip Hasa

Filip Hasa

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:00 AM

Hi,

please can you change sardu.ini to this?!:

[Path]

Percorso=.\ISO\

then it will work if you copy SARDU directory.

How about download more ISOs than only one in same time? During downloading I cannot do anything like "Check Write", "Search USB" ...

Idea: some gong after successfully download?!

Thank you

#7 IgImAx

IgImAx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

hi again

It's working great for building a CD. I just added two image: Avira Rescue and My BartPE ISO file and test them both at boot time (at VMWare) and all work fine.

But, When I Build the same project like above one on USB Stick, Avira worked fine but at startup of BartPE image I se this message:

Inf file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 1.
setup cannot ...

I check that file from USB stick with the original one at ISO file and both was the same file. when I open that file I saw these lines at its startup:
[Version]

signature="$Windows NT$"

ClassGUID={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

[SourceDisksNames]

_x = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

_1 = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

_2 = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

_3 = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

Is "%cdname%" variable source of that problem? or?!

Ok, Just Three other things:

1) Suggestion: It's better to show expected ISO filename at status bar when we move mouse pointer over a buttons at those TABs. Personally, most of the times, I changed the ISO file names to my needs and forget the default names!!

2) Request: Can you add support for adding two or more BartPE iso file at the same project?

3) Request: Can you add "Add other ISO files" option so we can add more Bootable ISO files to the List?!

Thanks for great job again and good luck
IgImAx

Edited by igimax, 06 January 2011 - 11:47 AM.

#8 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

Dear,

My name is Danfong Hsieh. I'm from Taiwan, Republic of China. Personally, I appreciate the SARDU 2.0.2 beta 1 software very much. However, your software is still not widely used in Taiwan. In order to make it more popular in Taiwan, I hope to modify the user interface of your software into Chinese Traditional version(I have translated the old version v1.0.7.2b to you). May I ask for your authority to modify this software? And if it's OK, could you give me the corresponding language and resource files to do it as well?

Best Regards,

Danfong Hsieh

Hi Danfong, translate the file language.ini and send me the file translated with email. Thanks :(

Hi davidecosta
tnx for great utility, I was use another utility for making "Win XP/Vista/7 usb bootable" But I need some easy to use and 100% working utility for making BartPE USB bootable and you build one! I will test it right now and let you know if it worx for me!
Have Fun

I forgot to put the file sardu.ini. If this file non exists at the first boot, there are this problem. I repacked and reuploaded.

Hi davidecosta,

please can add MultiPE?! Thank you

It is possible to configure from CLI? Can I run it from command line?

Idea: add SARDU to WinBuilder project as script.

Bug? After I click on button with description "Download/Update ISO" nothing happend. With defaul settings. After I enable Direct Download I can msgbox for download.

Can I translate your files to Czech?

Thank you for great work.

CLI? :dubbio:
MultiPE...is in my roundmap. Translate to Czech.... YESSSSSSS. Use the language.ini

Hi,

please can you change sardu.ini to this?!:

[Path]

Percorso=.\ISO\

then it will work if you copy SARDU directory.

How about download more ISOs than only one in same time? During downloading I cannot do anything like "Check Write", "Search USB" ...

Idea: some gong after successfully download?!

Thank you

All ini files are in CFG folder. how does sardu know which is the ISO folder if you do not read from ini file? :thumbsup:
In future i will rewrite Sardu multitasking

hi again

It's working great for building a CD. I just added two image: Avira Rescue and My BartPE ISO file and test them both at boot time (at VMWare) and all work fine.

But, When I Build the same project like above one on USB Stick, Avira worked fine but at startup of BartPE image I se this message:

I check that file from USB stick with the original one at ISO file and both was the same file. when I open that file I saw these lines at its startup:

[Version]

signature="$Windows NT$"

ClassGUID={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

[SourceDisksNames]

_x = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

_1 = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

_2 = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

_3 = %cdname%,%cdtagfile%,,""

Is "%cdname%" variable source of that problem? or?!

Ok, Just Three other things:

1) Suggestion: It's better to show expected ISO filename at status bar when we move mouse pointer over a buttons at those TABs. Personally, most of the times, I changed the ISO file names to my needs and forget the default names!!

2) Request: Can you add support for adding two or more BartPE iso file at the same project?

3) Request: Can you add "Add other ISO files" option so we can add more Bootable ISO files to the List?!

Thanks for great job again and good luck
IgImAx

Use Barts PE? Pebuilder.iso? The ISO works fine without SARDU?

#9 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

I am trying the sardu xp installer and I am a popup name of iso... Then I tried the help ? and button and it locked the sardu program.

Do I make an windows iso and place it in the iso folder? Use the xp install disk? Is it missing from links.ini?

#10 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

I am trying the sardu xp installer and I am a popup name of iso... Then I tried the help ? and button and it locked the sardu program.

Do I make an windows iso and place it in the iso folder? Use the xp install disk? Is it missing from links.ini?

You need an ISO of Windows XP or SEVEN. Are not freeware.

#11 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

Understood. I'll try it out.

#12 possnfiffer

possnfiffer
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Learning and reading about new things. I Operate www.RollerCOMSolutions.com and love to build for the net.
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

perfect timing im rebooting a netbook and didnt want to use an external cd drive for 7 I Appreciate your efforts

Edited by possnfiffer, 06 January 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#13 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

perfect timing im rebooting a netbook and didnt want to use an external cd drive for 7 I Appreciate your efforts

Have you tried? It works well? I have only my tests :smiling9:

#14 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

I've created a iso from my xp cd and named it Install_xp_pro.iso and sardu found it. My guess for windows 7 be along the same path. See what sardu wants to name the iso and create the iso with that name. I used roxio to create the iso.

#15 Pila2

Pila2
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

thanks

#16 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

I've created a iso from my xp cd and named it Install_xp_pro.iso and sardu found it. My guess for windows 7 be along the same path. See what sardu wants to name the iso and create the iso with that name. I used roxio to create the iso.

For seven see here for direct download

#17 IgImAx

IgImAx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hi davidecosta Posted Image

Thanks for your reply and sorry if I did not reply sooner cuz i wanna test those CDs and USB I build with your programs on other system too! and then ...

Use Barts PE? Pebuilder.iso? The ISO works fine without SARDU?

Yes! It's Pebuilder.iso and Yes! The ISO work fine when I write it on a CD and test it on my system or other systems! (tonight I test that CD on 2 Desktop and 1 Laptop and Works fine)

But! what I found at my tests on other systems, that My system cannot boot from a USB stick which I make it bootable via SARDU or by PE2USB.BAT file!! But the same USB I built by SARDU It works fine on another systems!! Posted Image
So I think there is a problem with my system to boot from USBs!!Posted Image

Have you tried? It works well? I have only my tests

Tommorrow, I will build a new USB or DVD with SARDU and put on them two image of XP SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate and test it for you! since you done a great job by creating this great utility and more important of that you share it with us, I think It will less thing I can do it for u! Posted ImagePosted Image

Please do not forget my Suggestion and Requests at my previews post (#7) if they are possible!

P.S.: (Why you Quote all Post message body! and do not select only the parts you wanna answer?! Posted Image It make your posts and your topic messy! just another suggestion! Posted Image)

Regards
IgImAx
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

I booted from the usb and did not see the xp install disk menu.

#19 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

@igimax Yesterday i burn with SARDU a DVD RW for test all install...and...dont worked. Panic ! :) :cheers: :smiling9:
Burn a DVD - R ...and...works fine.
There are too many variables :(

#20 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

I am missing the xp install information. the xp recovery exist but the xp install is not listed.

#21 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

I am missing the xp install information. the xp recovery exist but the xp install is not listed.

What name you gave to the iso? There are all files? Is xp pro or home ?

the iso has been done well? You can try to install with the iso with virtualBox or VMware.

#22 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

making iso, the text is Italian.

can not create iso. sardu crashes.

What name you gave to the iso? There are all files? Is xp pro or home ?

the iso has been done well? You can try to install with the iso with virtualBox or VMware.

I did not see the xp install in the usb menu list. Sardu saw the install xp pro.iso but did not added to the usb menu. Should the xp install disk be listed?

Edited by davidecosta, 06 January 2011 - 10:22 PM.
Merge three posts

#23 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Mmmm post spammer :smiling9:
You can use the edit function when you write three posts in a few of minuts :)

making iso, the text is Italian ???

Are you test to burn the iso and see if it works fine?

The usb have the folder \winsetup\XPpSP0 (the number 0 can change in 1/2/3)?

#24 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

reformatted the usb and started fresh. Sardu was reporting 2.13 GB and then drops to 1.5 GB during the copy to usb.

Creating iso, Sardu crashes.

#25 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

reformatted the usb and started fresh. Sardu was reporting 2.13 GB and then drops to 1.5 GB during the copy to usb.

Creating iso, Sardu crashes.

For ISO I noticed that wyo you change the path of isos SARDU must be restarted. If you don't restart SARDU crash :smiling9: Fix in next beta version.

I'm waiting a feedback if iso works fine in real PC without SARDU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users