4 replies to this topic

#1 deleted_user_

deleted_user_
  • Validating
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

Hi, this is the second version of my alternative 7-Zip script. It's generally more configurable than the originals, see the screenshot.

Features:

• Includes 7-Zip 9.20 x86/x64, but also allows to select a directory as source.
  • Ability to select from all currently available languages, no list is hardcoded.
  • Ability to freely set file associations, select from predefined sets and optionally type whatever you need.
  • If you don't like ancient 7-Zip icons, you can use native system ones or select your own.
  • Tested and works with LiveXP, NaughtyPE, VistaPE-CAPI, Win7PE_SE, MultiPE Leopard v2.
Preview:

Posted Image

What's new since v.1:

• Compatible also with NaughtyPE, VistaPE-CAPI, Win7PE_SE, MultiPE Leopard v2.
  • Tweak to extend "Name" column width to 200px in FM (default is 100px only).
  • Reworked shell icons options (select either 7-Zip standard, system native or your own).
  • Added remaining known CABs to "all plus known CABs" associations preset (should cover everything in I386/AMD64 if you need it).
  • UTF-8 characters in language names that WB can't properly display and can't be converted to ANSI are replaced by "...", e.g. "Hindi, Indian,...".
  • Internal code enhancements (I/O optimizations, compatibility, etc.).
Current known limitations and TODOs:

• There are some graphical glitches in UI if using WinBuilder 081 RC (FileBoxes position, transparent labels on GroupBoxes, controls don't refresh when their states are changed by script). I'll wait to see how 081 development turns out, then fix it if needed. Anyway, the code works as expected, you can normally use this script in the current 081.
Download:

RapidShare | Megaupload | Hotfile | ulož.to

#2 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

very good work. thanks for sharing!

#3 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Any chance you could update your nice script to include the 7-Zip 9.22 Beta?
I think it is the best script I have seen for 7-Zip.

thanks ...

Hi, this is the second version of my alternative 7-Zip script. It's generally more configurable than the originals

Features:

• Includes 7-Zip 9.20 x86/x64

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

Any chance you could update your nice script to include the 7-Zip 9.22 Beta?

WHAT :w00t: is the problem? :unsure:

Hi, this is the second version of my alternative 7-Zip script. It's generally more configurable than the originals, see the screenshot.

Features:

• Includes 7-Zip 9.20 x86/x64, but also allows to select a directory as source.

:cheers:
Wonko

#5 deleted_user_

deleted_user_
  • Validating
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hi, I plan to make program update and related changes, when the new stable version is released.

For now please just use "Supply custom 7-Zip files" feature. I didn't tested 9.22 beta, but it should work. If there's a problem with this version, please let me know, I can make preliminary compatibility updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users