3 replies to this topic

#1 GTech

GTech
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

I built a standard version of UBCD4Win using XP Pro SP3 Retail, added some custom programs in the "custom" directory, and built the ISO after updating virus/spyware definitions, the ISO works perfectly, was even able to put the output files on a USB and boot from it (after a few tries mind you), but when I build my SARDU USB drive, no go...

It shows a missing file prompt box right before the Pre-Logon screen and the proceeds to reboot the computer, if anyone has any insight why this is happening, and not on the boot DVD or CD, please help..

I have made multiple custom Barts PE Boot CDs & USBs, never had this problem, so I'm pretty sure it's linked to SARDU.

#2 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

I built a standard version of UBCD4Win using XP Pro SP3 Retail, added some custom programs in the "custom" directory, and built the ISO after updating virus/spyware definitions, the ISO works perfectly, was even able to put the output files on a USB and boot from it (after a few tries mind you), but when I build my SARDU USB drive, no go...

It shows a missing file prompt box right before the Pre-Logon screen and the proceeds to reboot the computer, if anyone has any insight why this is happening, and not on the boot DVD or CD, please help..

I have made multiple custom Barts PE Boot CDs & USBs, never had this problem, so I'm pretty sure it's linked to SARDU.

Can you explain better? I tried only with default settings.

#3 GTech

GTech
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

I made a default settings UBCD4Win (it will in fact boot from a CD too), however, when I create a SARDU Boot USB or DVD, it won't boot the UBCD4Win, when it goes to log in it says files are missing....

Obvious SARDU is not properly building UBCD4Win or it's not including all of the files.

I can't really explain what is wrong, as I didn't write SARDU, you did David, nor did I write UBCD4Win, however I can tell you that it's not working, even after trying multiple times (8), can't get it to load UBCD4Win no matter how I build UBCD4Win, which is one of the primary boot ISOs in my book.

I wish I could be more helpful David, truly, I know how to build Barts PE Boot ISOs, but UBCD4Win is like the Ultimate Boot ISO, I sure hope you get this fixed.

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 15465 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

I wish I could be more helpful David, truly, I know how to build Barts PE Boot ISOs, but UBCD4Win is like the Ultimate Boot ISO, I sure hope you get this fixed.

For the record, UBCD4WIN IS a BartPE.
WHAT is "Ultimate Boot ISO"? ;) (the Ultimate Boot CD or UBCD is NOT in anyway BartPE related):whistling:

Can you describe EXACTLY the error you are getting?

:)
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users