#77 i

i

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 523 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

So then no speed... :dubbio: till 2.0 or 3.0 but, if you say it already exist, why would one disable it? the new RAM sticks come with life time warranties, SSDs are speedy, power consumption is obviously lower with stand-by resume? unless ofcourse you're expecting some reckless users constantly rebooting or shutting down everytime?

OR

You want to promote Anti-Virus, AdWare, DRM, rootkits, privacy killers etc companies

edit: outburst controlled....

#78 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1679 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

you wouldn't happen to be Sha0, hiding in disguise under the name of japanese nick? At times it seems like you guys teamed up here... in this product. If no, then i'll assume you came here to accelerate DEVz :dubbio: (which is good in a way)

Uhh... Nope. A major point about WinVBlock is that it is open source; meaning you can work on it. I think it's fairly natural that different virtual disk drivers would offer similar features. WinVBlock doesn't yet have "dynamically expanding" nor "differencing" .VHD support, but my impression is that VMLite does. Also, VMLite has a nice pre-OS driver for .VHDs, while WinVBlock doesn't have any pre-OS components (yet).

I'm curious about which features of VMLite cause you to think "At times it seems like you guys teamed up here".

#79 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13478 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

meaning you can work on it.

Hmmm :dubbio: wouldn't the result be at a high risk of becoming a kernel driver blabbering nonsense at random intervals? :diablo:

:ph34r:

:blush:
Wonko

#80 i

i

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 523 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

I'm curious about which features of VMLite cause you to think "At times it seems like you guys teamed up here".

When one has to make a team, one has to make sure that the package is ("whatever is out there aka similar" + "unique missing features aka differences".)
+ i'm having hard time swallowing the fact that they got all ideas on their own...(also wonko the link, never mentioned it). If future versions of firadisk and winVblock comes out bad, i'll see it as migrating users from open to commercial (another paranoia) :ph34r:

Hmmm :dubbio: wouldn't the result be at a high risk of becoming a kernel driver blabbering nonsense at random intervals? :blush:

yea, seems like a problem. There are some errors in brain, happens when i've nothing to do... :diablo: guess huisinro will have to get used to the my syndrome. Vboot is not free and if sha0 like peeps asks him for tips, the response is expected to be "proprietary + bureaucratic" unless i've mistaken.

#81 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13478 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Vboot is not free and if sha0 like peeps asks him for tips, the response is expected to be "proprietary + bureaucratic" unless i've mistaken.

I really cannot see WHAT is your problem. :dubbio:

As I see it:
  • karyonix is developing a nice driver (firadisk) <- Opensource and with NO license limitation
  • Sha0 is developing a nice driver (WinVblock) <- Opensource and with NO license limitation
  • huisinro is developing a (nice? :blush: - cannot say as I haven't and won't test it) (vboot) <- Closed Source and Commercial and with a demo/trial expiring and renovated from time to time

If any of the three above should feel like asking something to one of the others and if the other should decide to answer or decide to NOT answer, it is essentially THEIR business, as well as the nature of the actual answer (if any).

What :ph34r: is the sense of accusing Sha0 of disguising himself as huisinro?
Or hinting thet huisinro is a "bad" guy?
He is perfectly free to sell his work for a fee, as well as other peeps are free to donate their work to the community.

If you like firadisk use it and contribute with your reports.
If you like winvblock use it and contribute with your reports.
If you like vboot use it (until the trial expires and/or buy a license for it) and contribute with your reports (if you want to, or don't if you don't want to).
If you think that vboot (or more generally huisinro's work/approach) is somehow "immoral", don't use it.

If you find that hosting here on the forum a Commercial/Trial/whatever related thread, when there is a specific forum at Vlite, is somehow "wrong" or "immoral", PM Nuno and tell him so.

But what is the sense of beating dead horses? :diablo:

;)
Wonko

#82 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hmmm :cheers: wouldn't the result be at a high risk of becoming a kernel driver blabbering nonsense at random intervals? :cheers:

How then Open Source software exists as one of main software development concepts and practices? Including Grub4DOS as its outstanding product? If you prefer to work (or, more accurately, discuss others work) along, its your choice, but why incline other ppl to follow your steps, when they invite others to joint their projects? :) The concept of team work is now dominant in modern R&D and PD.

#83 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

VMLite has a nice pre-OS driver for .VHDs, while WinVBlock doesn't have any pre-OS components (yet).

I agree, products are getting brighter when competition is present on the niche market. At times lack of sufficient resources makes it less productive to compete rather than specialize. But your driver is quite formidable opponent, and its free. And the way, its developed in front of audience eyes in a composed discussion is a learning journey for all. :cheers:

huisinro

Btw, not sure, if Vboot allows at present to install Win7 from ISO - anyone tried? Are there detail "How to" posted? What're the advantages of having a pre-OS driver in Vboot?

Is present lack of a pre-OS component in WinVBlock makes its harder to use for the above task - in what respect? :)

#84 i

i

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 523 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:57 PM

If any of the three above should feel like asking something to one of the others and if the other should decide to answer or decide to NOT answer, it is essentially THEIR business, as well as the nature of the actual answer (if any).

If contribution is the positive ground for him/her accepting invite from lord nuno, don't you think its worth checking whether contribution is even possible? I've seen Sha0 and karyo together but i doubt that of huisinro. :cheers:

What :cheers: is the sense of accusing Sha0 of disguising himself as huisinro?
Or hinting thet huisinro is a "bad" guy?

Oh.. that was to get some response from Sha0 in this thread :)(it worksss) now lets try the same on Sha0's thread and see if huisinro responds there or not :)

If you think that vboot (or more generally huisinro's work/approach) is somehow "immoral", don't use it.

I don't but vboot (thread title) keeps coming in my radar :cheers:

If you find that hosting here on the forum a Commercial/Trial/whatever related thread, when there is a specific forum at Vlite, is somehow "wrong" or "immoral", PM Nuno and tell him so.

Can't do it... he dodged my trap :)

#85 davlak

davlak

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 224 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

is there a way for my netbook to make compatible winvblock with the stand-by mode?

#86 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13478 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

If contribution is the positive ground for him/her accepting invite from lord nuno, don't you think its worth checking whether contribution is even possible? I've seen Sha0 and karyo together but i doubt that of huisinro. :thumbsup:

NO.

It is essentially THEIR business (and NOT yours or anyone else's).
I assume they are all big enough to manage their relations and correspondence.

:cheers:
Wonko

#87 i

i

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 523 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

NO.

It is essentially THEIR business (and NOT yours or anyone else's).
I assume they are all big enough to manage their relations and correspondence.

:cheers:
Wonko

Not everything is all about business Wonko, you don't link around mostly for business? apparently i see no money going in or out of your pocket :)

If in future these solutions are inside hardwares (near bios/firmware),... the spotlight and patent will make vboot guys sue everyone who tries to make something useful in this planet? now wouldn't that become your business if PCs are loaded with commercial crap and you're not allowed to remove it? Take a look at SONY for example (in this article)

Maybe a thought pattern like this :thumbsup: could be some sort of syndrome but no way i can trust commercials these days (specially someone pretending to be friend and a knowledgeable guest who wishes to spread? to promote?)... Take a look at microsoft, they banned open source in their mobile (they already think you guys are the enemy), something "evil".

#88 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1679 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

...Take a look at microsoft, they banned open source in their mobile (they already think you guys are the enemy), something "evil".

Speaking of which, the reason why I don't think there's a particular need for dev-talk in this instance is because the .VHD format is specified by a document released by Microsoft under their "Open Source Promise". Thus there aren't really mysteries about how it works.

#89 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13478 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Not everything is all about business Wonko, you don't link around mostly for business? apparently i see no money going in or out of your pocket :)

"Business" was intended in the sense of "sphere of interest"/"field of action"/"area of influence",
definition 6.a or 6.b:
http://www.thefreedi...ry.com/business
like "Mind your own business":
http://idioms.thefre...ur own business
or "stay in your lane" or "none of your flopping bunnies". :cheers:

As an example, the fact that you see (or fail to see) money going in or out of my pockets, is none of your business. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:
Wonko

#90 i

i

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 523 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

<censored>

#91 ireneuszp

ireneuszp

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

new version VBoot V1.1 Modified 21.02.11
http://bbs.wuyou.net...71&extra=page=1

http://bbs.wuyou.net...83&extra=page=1
http://u.115.com/file/f5a980462a#
vboot-v11.zip

#92 pajenn

pajenn

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
    Albania

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

new version VBoot V1.1 Modified 21.02.11
http://bbs.wuyou.net...71&extra=page=1

http://bbs.wuyou.net...83&extra=page=1
http://u.115.com/file/f5a980462a#
vboot-v11.zip

I downloaded vboot-v11.zip from vmlite's official site about a week ago, but a file comparison shows that many of the files are slightly different from the above version which I just downloaded. I assume these are different builds even though both have the same version label. Anyone know what's different?

#93 ireneuszp

ireneuszp

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

<br />I downloaded vboot-v11.zip from vmlite's official site about a week ago, but a file comparison shows that many of the files are slightly different from the above version which I just downloaded. I assume these are different builds even though both have the same version label. Anyone know what's different?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

http://www.vmlite.co...inaries-updated

#94 Icecube

Icecube

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1062 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

@ huisinro

You can download our modified open source GRUB2 and grubinst code here:

http://www.vmlite.co...source/download

It doesn't compile:

gcc -m32 -nostdlib -m32 -Wl,--build-id=none -Wl,-r,-d -o pre-test.o test_mod-commands_test.o

nm -g --defined-only -P -p pre-test.o | sed &#39;s/^\([^ ]*\).*/\1 test/&#39; > def-test.lst

gcc -Idisk -I./disk -I. -I./include -I./include -Wall -W  -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes                  -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -g -Os -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -falign-functions=1 -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -m32 -fno-stack-protector -mno-stack-arg-probe -Werror -fno-builtin -mrtd -mregparm=3 -m32 -MD -c -o loopback_mod-disk_loopback.o disk/loopback.c

rm -f pre-loopback.o

gcc -m32 -nostdlib -m32 -Wl,--build-id=none -Wl,-r,-d -o pre-loopback.o loopback_mod-disk_loopback.o

nm -g --defined-only -P -p pre-loopback.o | sed &#39;s/^\([^ ]*\).*/\1 loopback/&#39; > def-loopback.lst

gcc -Idisk -I./disk -I. -I./include -I./include -Wall -W  -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes                  -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -g -Os -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -falign-functions=1 -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -m32 -fno-stack-protector -mno-stack-arg-probe -Werror -fno-builtin -mrtd -mregparm=3 -m32 -MD -c -o fs_file_mod-disk_fs_file.o disk/fs_file.c

rm -f pre-fs_file.o

gcc -m32 -nostdlib -m32 -Wl,--build-id=none -Wl,-r,-d -o pre-fs_file.o fs_file_mod-disk_fs_file.o

nm -g --defined-only -P -p pre-fs_file.o | sed &#39;s/^\([^ ]*\).*/\1 fs_file/&#39; > def-fs_file.lst

gcc -Idisk -I./disk -I. -I./include -I./include -Wall -W  -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes                  -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -g -Os -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -falign-functions=1 -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -m32 -fno-stack-protector -mno-stack-arg-probe -Werror -fno-builtin -mrtd -mregparm=3 -m32 -MD -c -o fs_label_mod-disk_fs_label.o disk/fs_label.c

disk/fs_label.c:133: error: ‘GRUB_DISK_DEVICE_LABEL_ID’ undeclared here (not in a function)

make: *** [fs_label_mod-disk_fs_label.o] Error 1
The files needed to build vbootcore.mod seem not to be included.

#95 ireneuszp

ireneuszp

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

VBoot Windows Vist
http://bbs.wuyou.com.....&extra=page=1

vbootstor.rar

:yahoo:

#96 ireneuszp

ireneuszp

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

VBoot Windows Vista
http://bbs.wuyou.com.....&extra=page=1

vbootstor.rar

:yahoo:

#97 Vas709

Vas709

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hello there, sorry for bumping the old topic. Is there anything new for VBoot?

Vasja Stojkovic

#98 mesugovic

mesugovic
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

ireneuzsp links dont work anymore ...

yes, only chinese sites got unlimited versions vboot 1 or 2

u can use google for translate https://translate.go...t no time limit

then search VBOOT無時間限制
https://www.google.c...kGsmI8QfazIKQDA

using goole translate directly dont start download, so u need stay on non translated chinese webpage,
there are bottom blue download arrows ... one of them should start download

and then 1th link in google search appear is: http://www.upantool..../qtqd/7254.html

i have tested new install xpsp3/2 on dynamic xp.vhd x86 and amd64, both works if u use F6 for drivers in installer

if u use installed xp.vhd w/h vbot preinstalled for install vboot after, then use drivers that are in file vboot-x64.img or vboot.img, installing from tool directory maybe not work for booting
i mean dont use \vboot\tools\x86_or_amd64\drivers\vbootmp\vbootmp.inf
... use these drivers inside floppy image file for xp boot

btw: for ubuntu users is probably usefull this post, all drivers and working vhd images u can download for vmlite website

How to modify linux kernel for mounting a vhd file at boot time and load the system from it?

vboot have many features, in menu u can use on selected entry

"i" for immutable session
"s" for snapshot
"r" for restore previos state (snapshot or base image)

these featureres are really usefull, dont know any other bootloader that have this

vboot-snapshots.jpg

Edited by mesugovic, 29 May 2016 - 09:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users