7 replies to this topic

#1 BobxT

BobxT

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

With BartPE program, how do I add Icon to Desktop.

My program is Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server 9.7.8398 and I have finally got it working.

At the moment, I have an icon under HD Tasks but would also like an icon on the desktop.

I know this can be done with the .script format, but would rather wait until I have 100% tested this BartPE form, now that I finally have it working.

---
Later I will post when I work out which of the two changes I did at the same time, that solved the problem of "Acronis TI problem with unrecognisable C: drive".

It seems that the Acronis NTFS problem frequently pops up in these forums and most times people don't know what they finally did to get around the problem, it just seems to go away. Very frustrating.

TIA,
BobxT

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

When your script is "API - ready" just add a line
Add_Shortcut,Desktop
To your [process] section.

"API - Ready" means that some variables are defined, logically like this:
[variables]

%ProgramTitle%=Avira

%ProgramEXE%=%ProgramTitle%.exe

%ProgramFolder%=%ProgramTitle%

and you stored into <program files>\Avira

If you wrote a Non-Api script, BuildModel helps you:
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,DE,???\avira.exe,Avira

Peter

EDIT: Because this post is in "LiveXP", I hope you are asking about a BartPE program converted to a WinBuilder script.

For BartPE, I unfortunatelly cannot help.

Edited by pscEx, 17 December 2010 - 06:31 PM.
Additional Info

#3 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

It's a bit old for me.
If you're purely BartPE, I think you can not have icons on desktop (just nu2menu). You need to have explorer as a shell. See Sherpya's XPE plugin for that.

#4 BobxT

BobxT

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hi,

I forgot to add that I am using LiveXP and a BartPE program setup (Acronis TI) and using the infSupport included in WinBuilder .80 in LiveXP. It is only one of two programs that are in the BartPE inf form while I test and get working, before I convert them over to WinBuilder .script form.

So there is no way of getting an icon on the desktop automatically by WinBuilder except by way of .script..?

Well, I have found a manual way, I found on this site (by Lancelot) and the details are:-

1. From within booted LiveXP, copy Acronis icon and save.

2. Extract content of "ModelRam.exe" to a folder.
(I used E:\WinBuilder_config\MyNewModelRamFiles\ )

3. Extract contents of "ModelRam.exe" and then delete "ModelRam.exe"

3. Copy Acronis icon to Desktop now located at:-
E:\WinBuilder_config\MyNewModelRamFiles\Documents and Settings\Default User\Desktop\

4. Run batch:
---
@echo off
path=%path%;E:\WinBuilder\Projects\Tools\LiveXP
7z.exe a -t7z -sfx ModelRam.exe -r E:\WinBuilder_config\MyNewModelRamFiles\* -aoa -mmt -mx9
---
(last is all on one line, BTW I can't find CODEBOX option..)

5. Open LiveXP iso in UltraISO and insert new "ModelRam.exe" file and save iso.

6. Test in VirtualBox, now showing Acronis TI ico on desktop.

A bit laborious but works.

See:-
"Recreate ModelRAM Recreate ModelRAM.exe after editing"
http://reboot.pro/13019/

As regards my prior claim that I had Acronis working,, well it is even more complicated than I first thought. For a whole day I had not been able to duplicate it again. Finally succeeded, will post when I have something definite and reproducible and reliable.

THEN I will change Acronis to the .script file form. Taking small steps.

Regards,
BobxT

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Long time ago that I wrote this BartPE infSupport stuff ....

But as far as I remember:

Adding an "Online" *.inf script does this:
  • Use the WinBuilder function to create a *.script
  • Run the *.script
  • Delete the *.script.
I think (no guarantee!) this will work:

In WinBuilder, goto Tools > Convert and convert your BartPE into a *.script.

Then edit the script and add the desktop shortcut.

Good luck!

Peter

#6 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

It's a bit old for me.
If you're purely BartPE, I think you can not have icons on desktop (just nu2menu). You need to have explorer as a shell. See Sherpya's XPE plugin for that.

yes, i think ChrisR is right
as ChrisR said try to convert an .inf BartPE plugin which made for Sherpya's XPE

e.g. first add these lines to your original acronis.inf BartPE plugin made by Acronis
(which usually used to add shortcuts to Sherpya's XPE):
[Software.AddReg]

0x2,"Sherpya\XPEinit\Desktop","True Image","%SystemDrive%\Programs\Acronis\TrueImage.exe"

0x2,"Sherpya\XPEinit\Programs","Acronis\True Image","%SystemDrive%\Programs\Acronis\TrueImage.exe"
then try to convert this modded .inf to a WinBuilder script

or anyway try this WinBuilder script:
Attached File  TI_ES_9.7.0.8398_PE.7z   1.99KB   409 downloads

Edited by dera, 20 January 2011 - 08:58 PM.
atached script updated

#7 BobxT

BobxT

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:15 AM

yes, i think ChrisR is right
as ChrisR said try to convert an .inf BartPE plugin which made for Sherpya's XPE

e.g. first add these lines to your original acronis.inf BartPE plugin made by Acronis
(which usually used to add shortcuts to Sherpya's XPE):

[Software.AddReg]

0x2,"Sherpya\XPEinit\Desktop","True Image","%SystemDrive%\Programs\Acronis\TrueImage.exe"

0x2,"Sherpya\XPEinit\Programs","Acronis\True Image","%SystemDrive%\Programs\Acronis\TrueImage.exe"
then try to convert this modded .inf to a WinBuilder script

or anyway try this WinBuilder script:

Dera, thanks for the info and for the download script file.
I gave your script file a go, built an image and I am back to the same old problem of Hard Drive partitions not being recognised. It even applies to a Fat32 partition also.

I am more confused than ever.
Every time I think I am on the right track something blows up.

As I am running out of time, I will leave it at the moment and tackle it again after Christmas. I will check in to the forum occasionally just to see what happens but will not be able to run any scripts or builds etc, until I am back home again.

I have also noticed another problem concerning Windows Explorer in LiveXP (but without Acronis).

When booted to the real PC, one of my partitions, a Fat32 Drive D: is not listed nor accessible from Explorer. BUT, it is accessible from any other File Manager (I have yet to test and confirm it is probably accessible from the command line, but I assume it is). I will likely have to open a separate topic on this after I test it some more and after Christmas.

It seems there is some sort of limitation in Windows Explorer and the way my partitions are setup on the first hard drive. The Drive D: is not listed but is accessible by any means OTHER than explorer. Weird..!

More later,
Thanks.
BobxT

#8 BobxT

BobxT

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:05 AM

It seems there is some sort of limitation in Windows Explorer and the way my partitions are setup on the first hard drive. The Drive D: is not listed but is accessible by any means OTHER than explorer. Weird..!

I have posted here on this issue and unfortunately it had no bearing on my Acronis problem:-
http://reboot.pro/13...824#entry118824

On the Acronis problem I HAVE a cure, I am going to write up and post shortly under the topic title "Acronis TI problem with unrecognisable C: drive".

I will do this because the current topic was about Adding an icon to the desktop in LiveXP and has drifted.

Thanks to Dera, I will post shortly,
BobxT
10 January 2011 14:04

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users