#27 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

If not, I will just code our own implementation.

Great! One step closer to Selective Quotes... :)

#28 roytam1

roytam1

• Developer
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Hong Kong

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

I missed the last poster and date in topic list, and also the forum/sub-forum list in main page.

#29 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

Would be nice to add number of views to Recent Topics to see what topics are HOT.

#30 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

where's the forum/subforum list?

By the way Nice work . Old threads are working fine and no post seems to be broken. :)

#31 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14715 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

Would be nice to add number of views to Recent Topics to see what topics are HOT.

Actually that usually reflects how "fascinating" the topic title is, both as being appealing to "human readers" and to Search Engines.

In other words people click to open a topic (and the counter increases) before actually seeing the contents, so a lot of topics have a large number of views even if they are meaningless or worthless, only because their titles catch the attention of members.

You cannot "take back" your visit count, if you find the topic irrelevant or uninteresting.

Result is that the HOTness of a topic measured by the number of the views it had, when reading it because it's HOT is added, constitutes a self-referencing mechanism - very often mis-leading and completely unrelated to the actual value (in terms of usefulness, interest and actuality) of the topic itself.

It's however very useful if one wants to do what all others are doing. :)

:doh7:
Wonko

#32 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

You are right , very important feature indeed.

#33 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

You cannot "take back" your visit count, if you find the topic irrelevant or uninteresting.

:doh7:

Previous suggestions will be taken into account. If you notice, it is already possible to get a short preview of the content on a new topic when you're logged in (without requiring to visit the topic)

:)

#34 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

we must not to forget that have:

View New Content
option

Useful Links - first link

i use only that :)

#35 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

Result is that the HOTness of a topic ... constitutes a self-referencing mechanism

Well, that's true to some degree (as stipulated "truth" at times is). However, "value" of a topic is measured against very private subjective (often cumulative) criteria, so different ppl read "value" indicator differently. Popularity is one of such indicators. :doh7:

To illustrate: let's say most profit in a movie business this year has come from a dirty triller. Is that triller valuable - it depends for whom... At least its of very high value to those who keep delivering it to the public. :) Also,some viewers obviously found it of high entertainment value, thus suggesting to others.

#36 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

The preview is REALLY a great improvement! :doh7:

Unfortunatelly the icon is only seen rather dimmed, when the house hoovers the thread. So maybe many users did not even realize that.

Peter

BTW: Nice to see that my good old friend "Voodoo" survived the move. :)

#37 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

Unfortunatelly the icon is only seen rather dimmed, when the house hoovers the thread. So maybe many users did not even realize that.

Ok, I've written down this feedback.

BTW: Nice to see that my good old friend "Voodoo" survived the move.

Yep.. we've got it. I'm thinking on adding more smileys to our library just for the fun of it.

:)

#38 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

Hi Nuno Brito.

You've managed a really good job short time as possible. Therefore I congratulate you. But why did not you transfer other site's theme to here ? I hope the new site's interface is corrected as soon as possible. Other than that everything looks beautiful. Best regards :)

#39 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1029 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Indeed Nuno & Mikorist deserve congratulations for excellent work in getting the transfer done quickly and efficiently as they have done. hopefully tweaking and visual enhancements can be done also in such a fashion. :)

#40 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1728 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

I hate the square picture buttons that appear on the left sometimes. They don't appear in View New Content / Todays active content which is full screen width. If you browse the forums or go to the start page they appear. I would like an option to never show them.

#41 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1029 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

I'm with paraglider on the pics. I don't like them. I would be nice to have the option to display the Author Info on the left as well.

#42 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

:thumbsup:

Attached Thumbnails

• useit.JPG

#43 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4163 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

Congrats on the move. Could login yesterday but not post because the forum still saw me as guest. But tried again today and the login seems to work and I can REply to threads. Thats nice, I dont have to re register. :thumbsup:

#44 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14715 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

I'm with paraglider on the pics. I don't like them. I would be nice to have the option to display the Author Info on the left as well.

Naah, that would be too "normal".

We have to distinguish from the mass of the boards on the net, this is cleverly done by little, discreet but meaningful :thumbsup: design changes, like:
  • having info on the right instead that on the left
  • having the ONLY useful search link, i.e. "Advnced Search" NOT near the "normal", completely UNuseful "Search"
  • having different details shown on the left of threads depending where you are ("home" vs. "inside Forum")
  • having on home page BOTH a "recent comments" AND a "recent topics"
  • giving relevance to such things as "Recent Status Updates" (even when replying to a post)

Wonko disapproves of all these, the only interface with a less intuitive approach known to earthlings being LCARS (that also sports additionally awful colours), but of course the new look is re411y l33t ;), and since there will be no choices of skin, he is testing different tinted sunglasses to be able to read the pages without too much damage to his poor, old eyes.

What really saddens him is however the removal of "member title", he is apparently (unless you check his profile) NOT ANYMORE "The Finder". ;)

:cheers:
Wonko

#45 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

[quote=Paraglider]I hate the square picture buttons that appear on the left sometimes. They don't appear in View New Content / Todays active content which is full screen width. If you browse the forums or go to the start page they appear. I would like an option to never show them.[/quote]
I'm sorry, would you please post a screenshot detailing exactly what you mean?

[quote name='Wonko]What really saddens him is however the removal of "member title"' date=' he is apparently (unless you check his profile) NOT ANYMORE "The Finder". [/quote']This is not intentional, thank you for reporting. I will add it.

[quote name='Wonko]and since there will be no choices of skin' date=' he is testing different tinted sunglasses to be able to read the pages without too much damage to his poor, old eyes.[/quote']I understand your perspective. I will ensure that the skin that comes by default with IPB 3 becomes available for members to use if they don't like the current one.

#46 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

I will ensure that the skin that comes by default with IPB 3 becomes available for members to use if they don't like the current one.

then i want my blue sky skin available here

skin.png

IPB3 default skin is a crap - as CleanCut skin that use msfn :rofl:

and you will have this soon on the back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOl-CFNtpIk

i have 10 skins in my forum and no one is satisfied with the colors-although it has the all colors of the rainbow :heh:

I am going on vacation - a long vacation :heh:

#47 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14715 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

I am going on vacation - a long vacation :heh:

Have a nice time off. :heh:

When you are back, you can check this "strange" behaviour:
when on the home page the links on the right, like "View New content", ... "Advanced Search", etc. do work. :heh:

When you are inside a topic they FAIL, resulting in "a suffusion of yellow". :rolleyes:

Example:
Once you are here:
http://reboot.pro/13327/
the link to "Advanced Search" resolves to:

hxxp://reboot.pro/13327/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

instead of the correct:

hxxp://reboot.pro/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

BUT they do work while you are "replying" to a post. :rofl:

:blink:
Wonko

#48 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1728 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

boxes.png is square boxes on the left I was complaining about.

Also don't see the need for the flag boxes on the right in every post ( flag.png ). They waste space and bandwidth and provide no useful information. An author name with a link to the same information would be far better.

Attached Thumbnails

• boxes.PNG
  • flag.PNG

#49 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1728 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

At first I did not like the white background and must preferred the light blue back ground of the old site. It does not seem as bad after a days use.

#50 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

Have a nice time off. :heh:

When you are back, you can check this "strange" behaviour:
when on the home page the links on the right, like "View New content", ... "Advanced Search", etc. do work. :heh:

When you are inside a topic they FAIL, resulting in "a suffusion of yellow". :rolleyes:

Example:
Once you are here:
http://reboot.pro/13327/
the link to "Advanced Search" resolves to:

instead of the correct:

BUT they do work whule you are "replying" to a post. :heh:

:blink:
Wonko

work now :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users