184 replies to this topic

#101 posbis

posbis

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

I am using Hirens BootCD 12.0 ( will be waiting for the next release )

Main menu loads but entries in the menu( mini windows xp, mini linux, dos app etc ) does not load.

Error 15 : File not found

For Paragon HDM 2010, I did not use grub4dos, just drag n drop.

HIREN has the following problem in general. As it is possible to load the ISO using Grub4DOS ISO emulation
most of the progs don't run. The reason is that HIREN tries to load most of the tools from the CD-ROM using
normal CDROM access. This doesn't work as the physical CD is not in the drive and the ISO in memory is not
mounted as a normal CD-ROM drive letter. So it is a design mistake. HIREN Should load the whole stuff into
memory (Ramdisk) upon boot (~350 MB) and modify the scripts/menus to use the RAM drive instead of the CD-ROM. T
his would solve the problem I think.

Regards,
Oliver

#102 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 5,007 posts
  • Interests:computers (!), programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), OSes, photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

You should not need the .asm file, it is a source file. It looks like you are using the syslinux menu. reboot will only work in the grub4dos menu.

#103 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hello , everyone
Regarding Hiren boot cd 12.0 not booting using Grub4dos iso emulation.

its look like version of Grub4dos used in Hiren boot cd 12.0 is buggy.
Problems seems to be with Find --set-root command.
Find --set-root command is not able detect virtual cdrom emulated by Grub4dos.

In future release hiren might use the different version of Grub4dos and problem might solve itself.

Due to its illegal use of "live xp" , adding support for Hiren boot cd in xboot is difficult for me , it would be better if you wait for next release of hiren boot cd.

#104 RasterBurn

RasterBurn

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

reboot will only work in the grub4dos menu.

I tried using reboot in menu.lst but that doesn't seem to work for me.

title Reboot

reboot

title Shutdown

poweroff

Is this correct ??

#105 gezeek

gezeek
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

Merry Christmas to all.. ! :dubbio:

just wanna ask, why i always having .Net Framework 4.0.30319 error accessing xboot.exe?

its says: xboot.exe .Net Framework Initialization Error

but i already have the .Net 4.0.30319 on the system.

thanks guys.. i know you can help me :confused1:

#106 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 5,007 posts
  • Interests:computers (!), programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), OSes, photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

title Reboot

reboot

title Shutdown

poweroff

Is this correct ??

use halt not poweroff, but reboot is correct.

#107 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

Merry Christmas to all.. ! :dubbio:

just wanna ask, why i always having .Net Framework 4.0.30319 error accessing xboot.exe?

its says: xboot.exe .Net Framework Initialization Error

but i already have the .Net 4.0.30319 on the system.

thanks guys.. i know you can help me :confused1:

Most probably .net framework is not installed properly.

First check whether .net framework vs 4 is installed or not by using this tool http://blogs.msdn.co...er_5F00_new.zip

Also reinstall .net framework from here http://www.softpedia...Framework.shtml

#108 gezeek

gezeek
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

hi shamurshamur :confused1:

im glad you replied,,

i've run the net-setupverifier and i found
this in the last 3 lines of the log.

[12/20/10,23:50:08] ****ERROR**** Process 'Netfx40TestApplication.exe' exited with return code -2146232576
[12/20/10,23:50:08] ****ERROR**** Verification failed for product .NET Framework 4 Full

im sorry, i think i dont have any idea why it says "exited"

really appreciated your help..
thanks.. :dubbio:

#109 Emexus

Emexus

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

title Reboot

reboot

title Shutdown

poweroff

Is this correct ??

You will find this helpful - http://diddy.boot-la...es/commands.htm - Grub4dos Guide

I'm actually using grub4dos as installed by Winbuilder080, and simply had XBOOT modify the menu.lst for any ISO files which I added. So the reboot and halt optiond were already present.

Here's my menu.lst as it is now:

color light-gray/black red/light-gray

default 0

timeout 10

title Windows Forensic Environment

ls /images/win7pe_x86.iso || find --set-root /images/win7pe_x86.iso

map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /images/win7pe_x86.iso (0xff) || map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 --mem /images/win7pe_x86.iso (0xff)

map --hook

chainloader (0xff)

title Win7PE

chainloader /BOOTMGR

title Rescue

configfile /boot/grub4dos/rescue.lst

title Other PE Environments

configfile /boot/grub4dos/jeagdjdi.lst

title Linux

configfile /boot/grub4dos/linux.lst

title Antivirus

configfile /boot/grub4dos/antivirus.lst

title Windows OS

configfile /boot/grub4dos/windows.lst

title MemTest86+

kernel /Boot/IMG/memtest86+-4.10.bin

lock

title HELP!!!

find --set-root /images/help.iso

map /images/help.iso (0xff) || map --mem /images/help.iso (0xff)

map --hook

chainloader (0xff)

title Find and Load NTLDR of Windows NT/2K/XP

find --set-root /ntldr

chainloader /ntldr

title Find and Load CMLDR of Windows NT/2K/XP

find --set-root /cmldr

chainloader /cmldr

title find and load IO.SYS of Windows 9x/Me

find --set-root /io.sys

chainloader /io.sys

title find and boot Linux with menu.lst already installed

find --set-root /sbin/init

configfile /Boot/grub/menu.lst

title Floppy (fd0)

chainloader (fd0)+1

rootnoverify (fd0)

title CommandLine

commandline

title Reboot

reboot

title Halt

halt

#110 usraion

usraion
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Colombia

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

I have a problem I need to add Windows XP and Windows Seven.
I grub4dos Complete emulation of the way and the process successfully integrates me. but when you run the following happens:
-Windows XP to finish loading for first time when I go to select the user agreement F8 takes me blue screen
-windows 7 when you recognize the hard disk to me design is not the hard disk drivers and therefore I can not create partitions
please help me thanks

#111 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:44 PM

I have a problem I need to add Windows XP and Windows Seven.
I grub4dos Complete emulation of the way and the process successfully integrates me. but when you run the following happens:
-Windows XP to finish loading for first time when I go to select the user agreement F8 takes me blue screen
-windows 7 when you recognize the hard disk to me design is not the hard disk drivers and therefore I can not create partitions
please help me thanks

windows xp install cd and windows 7 install dvd are not supported in XBoot , but will be supported in future.
Till then wait.

Regards

#112 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

i've run the net-setupverifier and i found
this in the last 3 lines of the log.

[12/20/10,23:50:08] ****ERROR**** Process 'Netfx40TestApplication.exe' exited with return code -2146232576
[12/20/10,23:50:08] ****ERROR**** Verification failed for product .NET Framework 4 Full

im sorry, i think i dont have any idea why it says "exited"

.net framework is not installed properly on your pc.
uninstall .netframework and reinstall it again.( disable the antivirus while installing .net framework.

you might want to read this thread http://social.msdn.m...e4-76721abbbd15

#113 likhi

likhi
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:38 AM

I have no problem in supporting NTFS. But some linux distros can't boot from NTFS , while every linux distro can boot from FAT32.

So limitation are in the ISO files you are going to use for making multiboot usb/iso. If all your ISO files can boot from NTFS. then theres no problem.

when you create Multiboot USB using XBOOT , Two types of menus are created
1) syslinux(which don't support NTFS)
2) Grub4dos ( which support NTFS)

In the current release( xboot vs 1.0.0.0 beta3) By default syslinux is made the default boot loader.( so booting from NTFS pendrive is not possible)

In the next release i will give the option for choosing the boot loader.You can choose either syslinux (supports FAT32 but don't support NTFS) or grub4dos ( supports both FAT32 and NTFS).

if you wan't to create NTFS you have to choose grub4dos option.So NTFS drives will be supported from next releases , but you have to take care that all your ISo files can boot from a NTFS formated pendrive.

It's good to hear that you are adding ntfs support, besides that my suggestions are

1) could you include grub2 and/or burg, for that you may need linux version of xboot(.deb, .tar etc)
2) also i would like to adding support for winpe's and .wim and vhd files

#114 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 5,007 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

Another suggestion - add option to create an ext2 file which can be mounted as a volume by a linux OS (e.g. casper-rw) as done by RMPrepUSB. This means users can have a persistent OS. The only problem is when more than one linux OS is installed and they all try to use the same ext2 volume. You will also need to use the word 'persistent' in some menus (e.g. see my Ylmf tutorial) or maybe create two menus for those that support persistent feature, one with persistent and one without. You will also need to ask the user what size they want. The name of the ext2 file will depend on the OS I guess...

#115 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 10,131 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

(e.g. see my Ylmf tutorial)

Which is here :):
http://sites.google..../tutorials/ylmf
with some background here:
http://reboot.pro/7739/page__st__422

:(
Wonko

#116 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

@likhi
@steve6375

Thanks for suggestions.
I will implement them as i get time.

Regards.

#117 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

XBoot vs 1.0.0.0 beta5 has been released.
(Refer first post for download link.Softpedia page will be updated soon)

changelog for XBoot vs 1.0.0.0 beta5
- Added support for Gparted
- Added support for trinity rescue kit
- Fixed problem with defragmentation of files
- Fixed support for ubuntu v10.10
- Fixed support for Paragon utilities

I have made some heavy changes in this release . previous version of xboot didn't support updating of ISO files in Multiboot USB.

From this version you can update old ISO files on Multiboot USB.
For example if you have added ubuntu v10.04 to your Multiboot USB along with other ISO files and later you decide to update only ubuntu with newer version( ubuntu v10.10) while keeping the other ISO files intact .Then simply add new ISO(ubuntu v10.10) file to Multiboot USB using XBoot . This way older version of ISO file (ubuntu v10.04) will be deleted and new version of ISO file (ubuntu v10.10) will be added.

Note: You can not update ISO files on Multiboot USB created with previous version of XBoot.Only ISO files on Multiboot USB created by XBoot vs 1.0.0.0 beta5 and onwards will be updated.

#118 Emexus

Emexus

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

Thanks shamurshamur,

Downloading now, will test ASAP.

From the change log it doesn't look like you've had a chance to implement Windows installation yet? I'm eagerly awaiting this feature! :fine:

Keep up the good work.

Regards.

EDIT
Some suggestions:

1) Make the Edit Syslinux menu file and Edit Grub4dos Menu file buttons from the Edit Multiboot USB tab use the windows default text editor.
Currently it asks which one to use each time (even after selecting always use this program)

2) Is there a way that we can scan the USB drive so it recognises what ISO files are already present in XBOOT and have it display on the main window? Name, Size, Category etc?
Currently I just have to add a new ISO file each time, and manually look at the grub4dos menu.lst file to see what category I have used previously, and alter accordingly.

Regards.

Edited by Emexus, 21 December 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#119 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

Some suggestions:

1) Make the Edit Syslinux menu file and Edit Grub4dos Menu file buttons from the Edit Multiboot USB tab use the windows default text editor.
Currently it asks which one to use each time (even after selecting always use this program)

Hi Emexus
thanks for your review.

In Next release i will make Edit Syslinux menu file and Edit Grub4dos Menu file buttons to open menu files in their default application.

2) Is there a way that we can scan the USB drive so it recognises what ISO files are already present in XBOOT and have it display on the main window? Name, Size, Category etc?
Currently I just have to add a new ISO file each time, and manually look at the grub4dos menu.lst file to see what category I have used previously, and alter accordingly.

Regards.

Thats a important point . Seeing each time category from menu files whenever adding ISO files is troublesome.I will do something about it in next release.Like choosing already used categories from Dropdown list.

Regards

#120 Emexus

Emexus

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:46 AM

Just to clarify on my question:

Currently when you add ISO's to a USB, they display in the main window of XBOOT, and you can alter the categories etc.
Posted Image

However, when you close the program and reopen, there is no option to point XBOOT at a USB drive, and read its contents, and display the ISO files that you have already put on there.
Posted Image

It would be nice if each file you added was indicated somewhere on the drive for XBOOT to see when it loads, and shows you what ISO files are already present. :fine:

Regards.

#121 firozmusthafa

firozmusthafa
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Excellent!!!!

You are 90% successful in ur project, the rest 10% would be to add something that would in general (literally) boot any bootable ISO (or perfecting Grub4Dos emulation) or you could add a section where users can create a plugin that can be customized to boot off custom distros and post on a forum which could be downloaded with the application itself(analogous to pebuilder and its plugin)

One point of note:
You have to succeed where others have failed : add DOS/windows 95/98/ME/XP/2000/Vista/7 setup support along with UBCD4Win or custom built pe's, both v1 and v2 etc...

Wish you good luck
Once again, your project is excellent, the rest 10% gives you full credit (king of multiboots)

#122 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

Just to clarify on my question:
It would be nice if each file you added was indicated somewhere on the drive for XBOOT to see when it loads, and shows you what ISO files are already present. :crazyrocker:

Regards.

I will keep that in mind for future changes. That feature will require some large changes. But currently i am very busy , so don't expect any major changes soon.

Next few releases will be more about fixing bugs or minor modifications and less about adding new features.

#123 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

Excellent!!!!

You are 90% successful in ur project, the rest 10% would be to add something that would in general (literally) boot any bootable ISO (or perfecting Grub4Dos emulation)

Thats never gonna happen.Read this.
http://reboot.pro/8944/

you could add a section where users can create a plugin that can be customized to boot off custom distros and post on a forum which could be downloaded with the application itself(analogous to pebuilder and its plugin)

Not possible right now.I will give it a thought.

One point of note:
You have to succeed where others have failed : add DOS/windows 95/98/ME/XP/2000/Vista/7 setup support along with UBCD4Win or custom built pe's, both v1 and v2 etc...

xp/vista/7 will be supported in future.
All DOS based ISO files are supported by Grub4Dos emulation

#124 jstalin

jstalin
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

Please add support for the TAILS (Amnesia) LiveCD iso, the Tor livecd: https://amnesia.boum.org/

#125 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

Please add support for the TAILS (Amnesia) LiveCD iso, the Tor livecd: https://amnesia.boum.org/

consider it done!

LOL, I was wondering why suddenly there are 1000+ users reading this thread.:crazyrocker:
Something gone wrong with Forum ?:dubbio:
just now got message that XBoot was mentioned on lifehacker. Thats explain it :lol:

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users