#1 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

I've an idea of creating Windows Media Center Live Cd/PE :)

My question is

Is there a way to make Bootable Windows Media Center from their own windows 7 version which should not have other functions like explorer, Start bar, Desktop etc (By stripping/cutting/ignoring them from the OS). except but a Windows Media Center exactly like the famous Open Media Center GEEXBOX :D

I've already Posted a PM to WIMB about my idea but he told me that he was busy in some other work. IMHO Someone please help me to develop my idea :D

regards
M041633N

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

I've an idea of creating Windows Media Center Live Cd/PE :)

My question is

Is there a way to make Bootable Windows Media Center from their own windows 7 version which should not have other functions like explorer, Start bar, Desktop etc (By stripping/cutting/ignoring them from the OS). except but a Windows Media Center exactly like the famous Open Media Center GEEXBOX :D

I've already Posted a PM to WIMB about my idea but he told me that he was busy in some other work. IMHO Someone please help me to develop my idea :D

regards
M041633N

I created something like this ("External Media Shortcuts") for PE1: http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=13916
And adapted later for PE2: http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=14931
At that time, Win7 was not yet really known. W/o checking, I assume that it can be adapted to PE3 with a finger snip.

But as appearently there has not been any interest, I did not work on improving the script.

Would be great to work with you to develop it to a usable product.
Peter :D

#3 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

Is this possible??? Someone please tell me. I don't have enough knowledge to start this thing. But my idea was everybody is stripping thier xp/vista/7 into a pe. So why not this can't be possible. I'm waiting for a free time and how to begin (like using a AIK or just stripping down a installed windows 7 startup's by using Autoruns, & then making Media Center to load on start up, & many other procedures & ideas to complete this project).

Or someone please tell me do i have a right to do a project or to begin a topic

Best regards,
m041633n

#4 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hello m041633n :cheers:
Yes it's possible to add windows media center on winpe, but need Net Framework (100mb) and ehome folder of Windows 7 (100mb also)
We need add media center classes and Software hive
NetFramework is not perfect in winpe, and Media center also
maybe not MediaPortal ?

#5 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

if pe doen't support integrating wmc so why not try stripping down a installed windows 7 startup's by using Autoruns, & then making Media Center to load on start up, & many other procedures & ideas to complete this project. Is it possible :cheers: :thumbup:

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Of course it is possible, you can remove and add files and registry entries to your Windows.
Everyone does so by installing and uninstalling programs.

What you wanna do, looks only more complicated, because you can't have a prefabricated solution, but have to create the solution yourself.
So more work figuring out exactly, how to do it, not more work to actually do it.

:thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users