7 replies to this topic

#1 BobxT

BobxT

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

I have used the Newcomer's Tutorial and run the Liteweight recommended LiveXP (lx78sp6mtw).

I keep getting one error:-
Expand - Failed to copy [E:\WinXPsp3\I386\SP3.cab] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\I386\System32\drivers\]

I have uploaded the error logs to:-
http://dl.dropbox.co..._Liteweight.zip

I tried the other two recommended downloads on the Newcomer's Tutorial page:-
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4111
but they don't even boot in VirtualBox.

TIA,
BobxT

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

I have used the Newcomer's Tutorial and run the Liteweight recommended LiveXP (lx78sp6mtw).

Expand - Failed to copy [E:\WinXPsp3\I386\SP3.cab] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\I386\System32\drivers\]

I don't get this error using XP SP3 source, please confirm if this is retail, untouched source or OEM. If modified in any way from original M$ image, please give details.

I tried the other two recommended downloads on the Newcomer's Tutorial page:-
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4111
but they don't even boot in VirtualBox.

They boot fine in VirtualBox here; are you saying these built without error and still won't boot in VBox or they got the error as well?

#3 BobxT

BobxT

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:07 AM

I don't get this error using XP SP3 source, please confirm if this is retail, untouched source or OEM. If modified in any way from original M$ image, please give details.

They boot fine in VirtualBox here; are you saying these built without error and still won't boot in VBox or they got the error as well?

Source is WinXP sp3 Pro Corporate, was originally Sp1 and has been slipstreamed to Sp3. Same Source functions without error in BartPE build. Not nlite or any other mods. Strictly standard.

And I just tried another, different XP Pro Sp2 Corporate Source with the same result.

As for the other two on the Newcomer's Tutorial page, I got lots of errors (with unchanged standard settings, but the VirtualBox continually reboots after desktop starts to load. Only displayed background image and mouse cursor then rebooted.)

I deleted the other two and concentrated on the Liteweight version as it was simpler and at least does boot and function, despite the one error message.

BTW, I have run again with the option to "Abort if nLite Detected" turned on, just in case. The build completes normally with the one error message.

I am building in Windows 7 Ultimate x86.
Would that make a difference..? Anti-virus was turned off.

HTH.
BobxT

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

And I just tried another, different XP Pro Sp2 Corporate Source with the same result.
--
I am building in Windows 7 Ultimate x86.
Would that make a difference..? Anti-virus was turned off.

I normally work in XP Pro x86 or Win 7 x64; let me try a build in Win 7 Ultimate x86 using XP Pro Sp2 Corporate Source and see if I can get this error to show up :hi:

#5 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

Try uncheck the "Processor Drivers" script.
Don't know if it's really needed...

#6 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:29 AM

I simply cannot reproduce this error :hi: , there are some odd things in your log but I'm too tired to think... continue tomorrow ;)

#7 BobxT

BobxT

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

That is it..! The build now completes without an error message.

How the ****** hell did you figure that out..? :-)

THANKS...!

BobxT

#8 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

Great catch al_jo! I was so tired last night I didn't see your post and foolishly assumed a default build for testing ;)

:hi:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users