Who wants to carry full ubuntu system always in is Pocket?
my usb steek can run full ubuntu10 from gruB4DOS prees to ubuntu desktop in 8 sec (i'm Serious).
What is "prees"....a Beta version of Grub4DOS (g4d) ???
1. make 1 or more partitions (ntfs,fat32) for your tools (the first one should be active) Leave unpartition 4gb or more...
2. install grUB4DOS on mbr and put grldr,menu.lst in the pramry partition
3. run ubuntu liveCD from cd/usb
title Ubuntu LiveCD
find --set-root /IMAGES/ubuntu.iso
map /IMAGES/ubuntu.iso (0xff)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/IMAGES/ubuntu.iso quiet splash --
Am PARTICULARLY interested in booting from a USB stick a full Debian Squeeze 6.0.1a (e.g., from the mirrors at http://debian.co.il/....1/i386/iso-cd/
), rather than a full multi-kernel (or modified kernel) Ubuntu from a multi-boot USB.
Have already viewed the Grub4DOS post '(not livecd) Boot full Ubuntu+Fedora+Mint .VHD From USB by g4d' at http://reboot.pro/13801/
Since at least Ubuntu is Debian-based, I'm wondering what specific modifications to this PRIMARY partition's menu.lst 'title Ubuntu LiveCD" section are most appropriate ??
start ubuntu setup ,cho[o]se manual[l]y the partitions... select the unpartition[ed] 4gb spase/[space] mark it as "/" root filesystem (ext4) and continu[e] with the setup (no swap partition need[ed]).
5. when setup is finish you need to reinstall grub4dos on mbr Instead of grub so
6. conect your usb steek to work windows/winpe and install grUB4DOS on mbr
7. add ubuntu boot entries to your menu.lst (use your own entrie from /boot/grub.cfg )
Depending on what you put in it
Ubuntu installation requires about 3.5 GB
Yes, each separate multi-boot partition on the USB stick should be type ext3 or ext4.
Wondering what OTHER modifications are appropriate for this multi-boot USB stick w/ Debian which may ALSO includes Slackware 13.1/13.2x in the future ??
Maybe also steps taken from Debian's 'Preparing Files for USB Memory Stick Booting' http://www.debian.or...ch04s04.html.en
or else the Debian Wiki's 'http://wiki.debian.org/BootUsb
TY for further pointers or links!!