Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

HI

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit in Italian and, then via Windows Update, I installed the French Language Pack.

How do I change language in the welcome screen of Windows 7?

I set up an account so that it uses, as the default, French language and keyboard. I have noticed, however, that its welcome screen and keyboard in this screen were also in Italian. So, as I have to also change these two parameters in French?

How do I have to create a new account that has directly, as the default, French language and keyboard?

THANKS

BYE

Edited by Balubeto Balubeto, 20 November 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#2 Balubeto Balubeto

Balubeto Balubeto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 130 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

HI
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit in Italian and, then via Windows Update, I installed the French Language Pack.

How do I change language in the welcome screen of Windows 7?

I set up an account so that it uses, as the default, French language and keyboard. I have noticed, however, that its Login screen and keyboard in this screen were also in Italian. So, as I have to also change these two parameters in French?

How do I have to create a new account that has directly, as the default, French language and keyboard?

THANKS

BYE

#3 alperenc

alperenc
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

i think you should change bcdboot settings. Open cmd with administrator privileges.

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} locale fr-FR

bcdedit /set {current} locale fr-FR

NOT TESTED but it should work!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users