20 replies to this topic

#1 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

I click on get software button and it starts command prompt instead of the pop up box saying yes or no for download. sardu 2 beta5b downloads software except gdata.

I downloaded the sardu_2 from the web site. Did I down load the wrong version?

link.ini was missing from the cfg folder. gdata does not update like the sardu 2 beta5b. (copied the link.ini from sardu 2 beta5b)

Edited by sjoch, 18 November 2010 - 09:23 PM.

#2 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

I click on get software button and it starts command prompt instead of the pop up box saying yes or no for download. sardu 2 beta5b downloads software except gdata.

I downloaded the sardu_2 from the web site. Did I down load the wrong version?

link.ini was missing from the cfg folder. gdata does not update like the sardu 2 beta5b. (copied the link.ini from sardu 2 beta5b)

Reboot SARDU, the thirst time who sardu boot, appears cmd Shell.

GData...there is a problem with php of GData, disable the direct download e download it manually

#3 Darix

Darix
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

I have a similar problem...

Installed the final 2.0 on a fresh windows xp installation to show my student how it works (after testing it at home with beta 5 where it works fine).

Clicking on a button opens a dos shell and nothing happensany try to change the setting in FILE menu brings to the same result.

Where am I doing wrong?

#4 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

I have a similar problem...

Installed the final 2.0 on a fresh windows xp installation to show my student how it works (after testing it at home with beta 5 where it works fine).

Clicking on a button opens a dos shell and nothing happensany try to change the setting in FILE menu brings to the same result.

Where am I doing wrong?

Reboot SARDU and works fine

Italian

Riavvia SARDU e tutto funziona. Non carica al primo boot il file ini

#5 Darix

Darix
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

Questo avevo provato a farlo diverse volte...

Ho provato adesso su un computer con windows 7 e non cambia nulla.. riavvio sardu e cliccando su un pulsante per il dl di qualcosa riappare la finestra col prompt.

Se provo a modificare le impostazioni dal menu file queste non vengono conservate all'avvio successivo, proprio come se non riuscisse a caricare il file .ini

Anzi nella cartella dove ho scompattato il programma il file ini non c'e` proprio, mentre nella beta 5 che ho qui installato su xp vedo un file language.ini che non ho nella nuova installazione...

#6 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

Questo avevo provato a farlo diverse volte...

Ho provato adesso su un computer con windows 7 e non cambia nulla.. riavvio sardu e cliccando su un pulsante per il dl di qualcosa riappare la finestra col prompt.

Se provo a modificare le impostazioni dal menu file queste non vengono conservate all'avvio successivo, proprio come se non riuscisse a caricare il file .ini

Anzi nella cartella dove ho scompattato il programma il file ini non c'e` proprio, mentre nella beta 5 che ho qui installato su xp vedo un file language.ini che non ho nella nuova installazione...

I think it is a permissions problem. You extract the files in a folder with read-write permissions? Time ago I went crazy after a genius who used it from zip.
Language.ini files is only for international versions, not for italian. I'm italian and I develope in italian language.

Penso sia un problema di permessi. Hai estratto i files in una cartella con permessi di lettura/scrittura? Tempo fa sono impazzito dietro un genio che lo usava da file zip. Il language.ini è solo per le versioni internazionali, non per quelle in italiano. Sono italiano e sviluppo in lingua italiana.

#7 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

I did a test and unzipped the sardu 2 in a test folder. There was no cfg folder. I started sardu and the cfg folder was created with sardu.ini only.

#8 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

I did a test and unzipped the sardu 2 in a test folder. There was no cfg folder. I started sardu and the cfg folder was created with sardu.ini only.

Yes. If you press a button for download. Close SARDU and reboot SARDU you can find also links.ini.
If this is a problem i update sardu with links.ini

#9 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

unzipped sardu into a test folder. Ran sardu with no downloads and closed it. Cfg folder was added with no link.ini. cfg folder was added with skin folder and language.ini after starting and stopping sardu. No application down loads.

#10 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

unzipped sardu into a test folder. Ran sardu with no downloads and closed it. Cfg folder was added with no link.ini. cfg folder was added with skin folder and language.ini after starting and stopping sardu. No application down loads.

I don't know what to say, I haven't news about.

If there is links.ini....there is a firewall who block wget

BTW i've update the file with cfg file, redownload sardu. The package is te some only with the ini file

#11 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

links.ini and cfg folder is downloaded when running sardu?
The previous version ran with no problems except gdata not able to down load. The zip file does not contain the cfg folder. Is that correct?

#12 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

links.ini and cfg folder is downloaded when running sardu?
The previous version ran with no problems except gdata not able to down load. The zip file does not contain the cfg folder. Is that correct?

GDATA...is a their problem with php and wget. sometimes works, sometimes not

When the user press a button for download a iso SARDU check if there is a Links.ini updated and if so, update it

#13 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

And that is the problem. There is no links.ini when sardu is first started. I pulled links.ini from an older sardu to get it working.

#14 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

sardu reports that GARA needs updating instead of GDATA when building USB.

#15 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

sardu reports that GARA needs updating instead of GDATA when building USB.

GData no GDara :hi:, tiu can download last gdata here

#16 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

even after you download the gdata, and place it in iso folder. sardu displays gdara needs updating. Go figure.

#17 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

even after you download the gdata, and place it in iso folder. sardu displays gdara needs updating. Go figure.

Why you rename the iso of GData?

SARDU manage ENG_R_FUL_2011_BootCD.iso, the original name :hi:
If you rename in Gdata_*.iso SARDU displays gdara needs updating

#18 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:30 AM

sardu did see the eng....iso but when the usb was made it complained that the gdata was old. My main point is the link.ini was missing out of the cfg folder. the previous sardu worked. what changed???? did you post the wrong sardu? old sardu worked and this version could not generate the link.ini. That's all. old worked. new does not.

#19 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

sardu did see the eng....iso but when the usb was made it complained that the gdata was old. My main point is the link.ini was missing out of the cfg folder. the previous sardu worked. what changed???? did you post the wrong sardu? old sardu worked and this version could not generate the link.ini. That's all. old worked. new does not.

The sardu is not wrong.

"Rank" "" "Download" "Hits" "Visite" "Banda(KB)"
"1" "" "/downloads/sardu_2.zip" "8.226" "9.495" "36.469.733"

8226 download.... no

The problem was that at boot SARDU don't loads into memory the file link.ini. If you press a button for download, close SARDU and restarts it SARDU loads the file.
OLD version works only because had taken this step. Unfortunately, no one in the beta had pointed out this problem.
Btw yesterday i repacked the zip putting the file links.ini and the problem should be solved. The exe and the version is the some

For Gdata...

If FileExists ($ISO & "Gdata_*.iso") Then MsgBox(0,"Info","Your GDATA is very old, update GDATA")

There are only a check of name

#20 Darix

Darix
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

Perfect, now it works withoun any Human intervention.

Sardu is a very very good idea.

#21 sjoch

sjoch

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

I've downloaded sardu and cfg folder and link.ini was there. Thankyou. I'll work around gdata issue. gdata has renamed there iso to eng_r_full_2011_boot.iso
I appreciate the help. :hi:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users