#1 eudaly

eudaly
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the resulting iso's to boot.
My build includes all of the Antivirus and Utility options, none of the Linux live options and Windows PE options LiveXP, WindowsPe, UBCD4WIN, VistaPE, WinXP Recovery Disk and Vista Recover Disk.

When I build the Sardu.iso, everything proceeds normally and there are no errors.

When I boot the cd or usb that was created, I get the basic menu:
Menu Tools
Menu Antivirus
Menu Utility
Menu Windows Live

I select windows live and then I get this menu:
Boot from Vista Recovery Disk
Boot from UBCD4WIN
Boot From Vista PE
I assume that there should be several other items in this menu. eg; LiveXP, WinXP Recovery, etc

when I select Vista recovery it works fine. when I select any other option, it opens a command dialog and displays:
Boot:
and nothing else happens.

What am I doing wrong?

#2 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the resulting iso's to boot.
My build includes all of the Antivirus and Utility options, none of the Linux live options and Windows PE options LiveXP, WindowsPe, UBCD4WIN, VistaPE, WinXP Recovery Disk and Vista Recover Disk.

When I build the Sardu.iso, everything proceeds normally and there are no errors.

When I boot the cd or usb that was created, I get the basic menu:
Menu Tools
Menu Antivirus
Menu Utility
Menu Windows Live

I select windows live and then I get this menu:
Boot from Vista Recovery Disk
Boot from UBCD4WIN
Boot From Vista PE
I assume that there should be several other items in this menu. eg; LiveXP, WinXP Recovery, etc

when I select Vista recovery it works fine. when I select any other option, it opens a command dialog and displays:
Boot:
and nothing else happens.

What am I doing wrong?

mmmm
If the recovey file are missing The names are wrong:

SARDU manage:
Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso
Windows_Vista_x64_Recovery_Disc.iso
Windows_7_32-bit_Repair_Disc.iso
Windows_7_64-bit_Repair_Disc.iso

For Recovery console of XP sardu extract all file into folder cmdcons for USB and RCXP for ISO hexediting setupldr for new path. SARDU check if exist folder RCXP or cmdcons

For LiveXP there are two options only supported in SARDU (I tried only this, too many variables):
1)if FileExists LIXP\setupldr.bin
2)if FileExists i386\BOOTSDI.*

If not exists this files or path, the menu of SARDU don't add this entries.

It's possible to have the report log at sarducd@gmail.com? DO hou test only section's PE? (wrong)

#3 eudaly

eudaly
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

the only recovery files added are Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso and RC.iso. The names have been checked and are correct.

I understood that the ability to put a tick mark in the square of an application iso verifies that the file exists and is named correctly.

I re-installed Sardu and now see the missing apps, however they still do not run. UBCD just goes to the previously mention "Boot:" and LiveXP now reports that txtsetup.sif is missing. If I run LiveXP,iso as a standalone app it works fine.

and.... now after creating an image on the USB drive I immediately tried to write one for CD and get an error in the log. I have no idea why as I didn't change anything other the where I want the iso written.

I'll send that log to you via email.

eudaly

#4 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

the only recovery files added are Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso and RC.iso. The names have been checked and are correct.

I understood that the ability to put a tick mark in the square of an application iso verifies that the file exists and is named correctly.

I re-installed Sardu and now see the missing apps, however they still do not run. UBCD just goes to the previously mention "Boot:" and LiveXP now reports that txtsetup.sif is missing. If I run LiveXP,iso as a standalone app it works fine.

and.... now after creating an image on the USB drive I immediately tried to write one for CD and get an error in the log. I have no idea why as I didn't change anything other the where I want the iso written.

I'll send that log to you via email.

eudaly

The best advice I can give you leaving and re-create the ISO standard options.

how do you find in other threads there are too many variables. Only support the standard settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users