[help] OEM Windows source not valid to build LiveXP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mrx1

mrx1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

i am trying to create live boot image using lx77rc2cbw but i keep getting error log and the created iso file does not boot using virtual machine.
I did as amalux illustrated but i can not get it to work, i will attach my log file and here are some pict from my pc and i was hoping for your help amalux
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
log file download

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

i am trying to create live boot image using lx77rc2cbw but i keep getting error log and the created iso file does not boot using virtual machine.

Hi mrx1,

You're missing a lot of important files in your source, I assume this is an OEM (supplied by PC manufacturer) reinstall disc or ??. You need an untouched, retail version of XP SP2+ (google for downloads) as it comes from M$ or if slipstreamed, it has to be done per M$ instructions here.

Once you have a working build (ISO boots normally in VM or from CD), there are different methods for setting up a bootable USB/UFD, the simplest is to use wimb's Make_USB tool which uses the ISO directly as a boot image.

#3 mrx1

mrx1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

First thanks amalux for your concern, what i am trying to basicly is to crate livexp source inorder to setup xp from it using my 4gb usb, this xp version is my laptop oem so i guess i will not be useful.
also i would like to ask about the missing bootsdi.img supposed to be located in winbuilder\iso\ram\i386, i did not have ram\i386 in the iso folder, is it because of the defect in xp source or we use anthor program.

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi mrx1, would you please edit the title on the topic that you have open to something a bit more explicit?

This really helps others to find it and read the solution afterwards. Thank you.

:confused1:

#5 mrx1

mrx1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

sorry but i can not find an edit button in my first post

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Ahh.. yes, the topic is locked for new members. I've edited the topic title, please do let me know if it needs to be changed again.

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

ONLY seemingly UNrelated:
http://www.911cd.net...o...c=16381&hl=
http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=91907
http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=120423

If you don't have a "proper" source, try building yourself one.

Wonko

#8 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

also i would like to ask about the missing bootsdi.img supposed to be located in winbuilder\iso\ram\i386, i did not have ram\i386 in the iso folder, is it because of the defect in xp source or we use anthor program.

You don't need another program, if you supply correct source, winbuilder does the rest :confused1:

#9 mrx1

mrx1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:37 PM

Thanks all for the help, gonna try building my own source

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users