Make your own Unattended windows 7 DVD

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

==========================================
How make your own Unattended windows 7 DVD
==========================================
Hi all
First of all,i should say that going through microsoft's documents to do works,makes me (and
many of my friends) very confused !!! may be this is because of my poor english ??!!

In this tutor we are going to use windows XP sp3 and make a windows 7 Ultimate DVD 32bit,that is
a little bit customized and automatically will install programes below at last part of
installation proccess (first logon) :

Officxe 2007
7zip
directx9c
EasyBCD
FireFox
and some other programs.

And also :

will make some registary settings to speed windows 7 running.
will add our favorite themes and wallpapers to system.
will use our favorite Desktop wallpaper after setup.
will have some portable programs to be used by user and their shortcuts in start menu.
will have logon screen by our favorite background picture.

Also The setup process will use our favorite background picture.

Note: During tutor we need to make several directories ,because of keeping the tutor to be as
small as possible ,i will not say create these directories,i will say that save xxx in yyy
directory.this means you should make this directories.Any way i place the directories needed
in attachment,you could download and use that.

===================
Step_01 Getting ready
===================
1.Create a directory some where (For example i made F:\Sources directory).

2.For auto installing your favorite applications during setup ,you should make them silent and it is
better to make a single auto executable file for each application.for example i made auto executable
files for each of my silent installing apps(like Officxe 2007,7zip ,firefox and....).
When you made the auto/silent executable files for your favorite applications,put all of them in
F:\Sources\Windows\MCS directory.

3.Create a bat file to run these files in order. name it for example RUN.CMD then put it in
F:\Sources\Windows\MCS directory.your bat file should be some thing like below:
===================
@ECHO OFF

START /wait Winamp.exe
START /wait 7-z465.exe
START /wait thempatcher.exe -silent
START /wait FireFox.exe
START /wait Office.exe
START /wait DirectX.exe
===================

4.Create a registry file (for example mytweak.reg) and put it in F:\Sources\Windows\MCS directory.and
for silent applying this reg file add command below to "F:\Sources\Windows\MCS\RUN.CMD" file.

REGEDIT /S %WINDIR%\MCS\myTweaks.reg

You can find many registry tweaks for windows 7 by googling web.

5.If you want to disable hibernation in windows 7 ,add command below to "F:\Sources\Windows\MCS\RUN.CMD" file :

powercfg -h off

6.If you have some portable applications that can run in windows 7,put all of them inside :
"F:\Sources\Program Files\MCS Portable" directory.

7.If you want to have your favorite pictures ready in windows 7,convert them to jpg format and rename
them as img0 ,img1,img2 ... then put them in "F:\Sources\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\MCS" directory.

8.Download your favorite themes for windows 7 ,and extract all of them in "F:\Sources\Windows\Resources\Themes"
directory.

===================
Step_02 Select you favorite version of windows 7
===================
Note:The real setup files in windows 7 are boot.wim and install.wim that are located in "source"
directory inside win 7 setup DVD.

1. Copy contents of your windows 7 setup DVD to for example F:\MyWin7 directory .

2. Download Gimagex from link below and extract it some where then copy files below from extracted
directory to to F:\Gimagex directory:
gimagex.exe (32 bit version)
gimagex_com.dll (32 bit version)

http://www.autoitscript.com/gimagex/

3. You need some more files to add to F:\Gimagex directory ,these needed files are included in WAIK ,so
get files below from your friends and place them in F:\Gimagex\ directory.

imagex.exe
intlcfg.exe
wimfltr.inf
wimfltr.sys
wimgapi.dll

wimmount.inf
wimmount.sys
WimMountInstall.exe
wimserv.exe

4.Most of windows 7 setup DVD's that i have seen,include mor than one version of windows 7,and during
setup, user should select witch one to be installed.In this tutorial i prefer to have just "Ultimate"
version in my DVD so i should delete other versions,so do as below:

a).Run F:\Gimagex\gimagex.exe

:cheers: .In comming window go to "Delete" tab,click on "Browse" and get F:\MyWin7\sources\install.wim

c).Click on "select" button,it will show all versions that are included ,for example you will
see a list as below :

windows 7 starter
windows 7 home
windows 7 professional
windows 7 Ultimate
Here we want to have just "Ultimate" version,so we should delete other versions.note that we can delete
each unneeded version ,one by one.so we select "starter" and then click on delete.after about 1 minute,
program will say it is successfully deleted.
You should repeate this process untill you have just ultimate 32bit edition.

===================
Step_03 Customizing setup process and installed windows 7
===================
Here we need to extract some origional files of win 7 ,and edite them to act as we like.Note that For
modifying win 7 files or adding/delating some files ,we need to get access to contents of wim files .
We can see/change files inside wim images,easyly by using comertial or freeware tools.for exampe we can
use 7zip to extract contents of install.wim (or boot.wim) to some directoy,then edite needed files or
add some files to that.
We must convert edited source to wim image to be able to use that in our setup DVD.But there are few
tools that can do this job.

Here we want to do customizations below:

_Change setup background picture to our favorite
_We want to have our picture in logon window
_We want to have our favorite picture in User Account Pictures
_.....

For this jobs we need to edite files below in win 7 source files:

imageres.dll
spwizimg.dll
ARUNIMG.dll
and also some pictures.

Important Note:As i undersrand there are two kinds of files inside win 7 source files ,some of them are
coded and you should/can not change them,if you do you will have problem after installation.for example
the original theme background images are coaded ,so if you change them,after installation ,you will
have black background.!!
so for having our favorite pictures as background for themes we should do other way that i will tell
my way during tutor.

1.Make directory F:\mount

2.Run F:\Gimagex\gimagex.exe

3.Go to "Mount" tab.In "Mount point" section click "Browse" and give the address: F:\mount then in "Source"
section click "Browse" and give the address: F:\MyWin7\sources\install.wim

4.Enable "Read and write" option" then click on "Mount" button.After a while it will say that install.wim is
mounted.At this time contents of install.wim will be ready toread\write in F:\mount directory.
Do not close GimageX yet and go to next step.

5.Go to F:\mount\windows\system32 directory,and Extract files below from there to some place for example your
desktop:
imageres.dll
spwizimg.dll

6.For now ,go out of F:\mount directory and in Gimagex window in "unmount" select the mounted image then click
on "unmount" button ,after a while the program will say that image is unmounted.

7.Close Gimagex.

8.Use resource hacker or any other your favorite resource tool,and change images inside these two files.then
save them in F:\Sources\Windows\System32 directory.this two files will change setup backgroung picture and
logon back ground.

9.extract file ARUNIMG.dll (from F:\MyWin7\sources directory) some where,then images inside that by reshach then
replace by origional one.this will change back ground if you are using setup inside windows,not from boot by DVD.

===================
Step_04 More Customization
===================
At this time we are almost ready to do the last process.But we need to make some more files to add to our source
files.so do as below:

1.We have some unattended/silent applications that should be run during last part of installation .so we
should tell to setup process when and from where ,it should do this job.In this tutor i use the easiest way
possible.i create a shortcut for RUM.CMD and put that in special place to be run by system in first logon.
create a shortcut for RUN.CMD by properties below:

%WINDIR%\MCS\RUN.cmd
and put that in F:\Sources\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup directory.

2.Create your favorite picture for User Account (128x130 24bit bmp),name it user.bmp and save that in:

F:\Sources\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures

3.If you have placed some portable tools in F:\Sources\Program Files\MCS Portable directory,now it is time to
put shortcut for them in start menue.In this tutor i placed 3 freeware portable programs below :

Ad7Icon Changer.exe
Logon background changer.exe
Ultimate Windows Tweaker.exe

so i created shortcuts for them,by commands below and saved them in
F:\Sources\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MCS Tools directory.

shortcutes:

for Ad7Icon Changer.exe
--------------------------
Target:"%ProgramFiles%\MCS Portable\Ad7Icon Changer.exe"
start in :"%ProgramFiles%\MCS Portable"

for Logon background changer.exe
--------------------------------
Target:"%ProgramFiles%\MCS Portable\Logon background changer.exe"

for Ultimate Windows Tweaker.exe
------------------------------------
Target:"%ProgramFiles%\MCS Portable\Ultimate Windows Tweaker.exe"

4.There are some back ground pictures that you see during different process of setup that you can change them.
for example you can make your favorite picture (name:background.bmp 1024x768 24bit) and put it in:
F:\Sources\Windows\System32\oobe directory.

There are other things that we can add.but i am tired and this tutorial is going to be very big.so i cut it here.

===================
Step_05 Last Step
===================

As i said above ,we can do a lot of other changes,for example we can add unattended,xml to have setup prossess
but i want to keep the tutor as small as posible.So let's finish it.

1.Run F:\Gimagex\gimagex.exe an go to "Mpunt" tab.

2.In "Mount point" section click "Browse" and give the address: F:\mount then in "Source"section click "Browse"
and give the address: F:\MyWin7\sources\install.wim

3.Enable "Read and write" option" then click on "Mount" button.After a while it will say that install.wim is
mounted.At this time contents of install.wim will be ready to read\write in F:\mount directory.Do not close
GimageX yet and go to next step.

4.Copy all contents of F:\source directory ,then paste in root of F:\mount (overwrit)

5.Get out of F:\mount directory,then in Gimagex window enable "Commit changes" ,select install.wim then
click on "unmount" button.

6.Wait untill gimagex finish and then close it.

Now your F:\MyWin7 directory has your customized files and you can make iso of that and use it.

=======================================
hope will be some help

shirin zaban

Attached Files

• Black Zero likes this

#2 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:34 AM

THANKS Shirin...

Ariom :cheers:

#3 Jamal H. Naji

Jamal H. Naji

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 178 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

Shirin my good friend, thank you for this very useful & nice tutorial, regards :cheers:

#4 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:41 AM

Hi dear jamal
thanks a lot ,and as i said befor,your tutorials are better than mines

#5 Mega_num

Mega_num

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

Thanks
very very good and understandable

#6 Hima

Hima

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
    Egypt

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

hi

very nice tutorial i will try it

#7 babakliar

babakliar
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

Thanks Mr Shirin Zaban

#8 babakliar

babakliar
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

Thanks Mr Shirin Zaban

#9 mesrine_29

mesrine_29

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

Thanks Shirin, good job..

Edited by mesrine_29, 27 November 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#10 Uvais

Uvais

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

good tut :cheerleader: and better than some blah/unsupported apps :yess:

#11 ujjwaldg

ujjwaldg
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •