Changing the looks

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

Hello,

Changes are being done on the visual of the site. I'm mentioning this so that nobody gets worried.

In the meanwhile some other changes are also being applied so you might notice some glitches in the matrix over the next few days.

:D

#2 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

it works very fast, i don't know if it will be permanant or not.

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

Let's see if the rest of the community likes it or not.

#4 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:38 AM

It's realllllllllllllllllly nice...............Thanks a lot Nuno, BTW where's the THANKS count?

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

It's realllllllllllllllllly nice...............Thanks a lot Nuno, BTW where's the THANKS count?

Glad you like it.

I still need to draw a custom thanks button for this skin. Not worth the time doing so unless the rest of the community sees no inconvenient in using this skin for a while.

I've remembered your request and tried to keep this skin fast to load. Also added a very light skin that you can try out at http://www.boot-land...?...1&skinid=41 thought we might need to find something better.

#6 jimmsta

jimmsta
  • Advanced user
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:40 AM

I like it. The other theme just seemed too blocky or maybe it was just the color scheme. I suppose if this doesn't become the norm, a userstyle could be used to modify the colors of the other theme.

#7 Marietto

Marietto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Computers,movies,read/write,talking about philosophy and religion.
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

Oh yeah,I like very nice this look. Boot-Land is a very good place where to be. Anyway,IE 8 is giving to me this error message :

Messaggio: Necessario oggetto
Linea: 1
Carattere: 1083
Codice: 0
URI: http://www.boot-land...pts/ips_menu.js

@nuno :

1) what's the name of this theme ?
2) Do you think that's a good idea if the users can delete their own thread ?

#8 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:10 AM

Very very nice and fast

#9 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

Changes are being done on the visual of the site.

Hi Nuno,

I like this new design. It is close to the old classic one I am still using. But you are not marked as member #1 any more.

I'm mentioning this so that nobody gets worried.

It takes a little more :D

Many Greetings
Michael

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

I like it. The other theme just seemed too blocky or maybe it was just the color scheme. I suppose if this doesn't become the norm, a userstyle could be used to modify the colors of the other theme.

Hopefully we'll keep this one. There are more changes planned ahead but I think the general consensus is to keep this skin instead of the previous one.

Oh yeah,I like very nice this look. Boot-Land is a very good place where to be. Anyway,IE 8 is giving to me this error message :

Messaggio: Necessario oggetto
Linea: 1
Carattere: 1083
Codice: 0
URI: http://www.boot-land...pts/ips_menu.js

Hmm.. You're right. This also happens on my IE browser as well. Will see if it can be solved.

@nuno :

1) what's the name of this theme ?
2) Do you think that's a good idea if the users can delete their own thread ?

1 - Its a customized clone of the default theme for IPB version 3.
2 - We like giving freedom for users to choose if their post can be deleted or not. I share the same opinion as Wonko that what is written on the forum is carved in stone but it is good to have options. These are disabled to members that joined recently because of spammer attacks.

Very very nice and fast

Good! :D

Hi Nuno,

I like this new design. It is close to the old classic one I am still using. But you are not marked as member #1 any more.

Hi Michael, hope all is well.

Not having a number is intentional. This way my own and other's reputation is built based on post count, number of thanks and registration date. I think it brings a sense of fairness, otherwise we'd might see people saying silly things like I'm member #x while you're member #xxx.xxx just to win an argument instead of using facts related to the discussion.

#11 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

Very nice, it's light and beautiful, I like the information of members on the side :D .

For color quotes, maybe a little bit more contrasted.
I like less the orange color for codes.

I still need to draw a custom thanks button for this skin. Not worth the time doing so unless the rest of the community sees no inconvenient in using this skin for a while.

I saw that it lacked for the moment the connection information, Log out, thanks count and thanks button.
I do not see personally the usefulness of the information Member No #1

I've remembered your request and tried to keep this skin fast to load. Also added a very light skin that you can try out at http://www.boot-land...?...1&skinid=41 thought we might need to find something better.

I find the very light skin a bit tasteless with very dark Banners.

How to switch to another skin ? I clicked on very light skin how to return to standard skin ?

Thank you very much, i like it :D

#12 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Skin selector don't work ?
I had skin set as SimpleBoard, if i login i see only SimpleBoard, if i don't login i see new board.

#13 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

yes i have same problem too. how to solve help please. it started after i click to nuno link.

it solved after i click to.

http://www.boot-land...?...1&skinid=40

#14 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

I saw that it lacked for the moment the connection information, Log out, thanks count and thanks button.

Yes, I'll be adding them as time allows.

I had skin set as SimpleBoard, if i login i see only SimpleBoard, if i don't login i see new board.

Thank you for reporting, I've corrected the issue and you should be able of choosing other themes now.

I've disabled the simpleboard theme in the meanwhile, will try to find a better option for very-light-weight skins after getting the standard one ready.

#15 dog

dog

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

This way my own and other's reputation is built based on post count, number of thanks and registration date. I think it brings a sense of fairness, otherwise we'd might see people saying silly things like I'm member #x while you're member #xxx.xxx just to win an argument instead of using facts related to the discussion.

I'd ditch the thanks feature, and also the adwords revenue sharing scheme, I suspect both of them encourage nonsense.
Nice skin by the way, I hope the board stays this fast!

#16 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hi Nuno Brito :D

Indeed, site's the new skin interface has been excellent. But where the thanks buttons ? King regards :D

#17 Grelfod

Grelfod

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

Oooo Yaaah!
Clean and crisp with an extra bit of snappy!
A definite improvement has been noticed Nuno. Thanks go to you (and your crew) for the changes.
I haven't had any errors or glitches pop up for me, it is smooth sailing :D

#18 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hi,

About the changes... Where is the log-off?
On firefox i have to scroll to the right to see the Bar with Useful Links, Recommended Sites, etc. its not aligned with the blue box on top, on IE it shows ok for me.

#19 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:12 PM

I'd ditch the thanks feature, and also the adwords revenue sharing scheme, I suspect both of them encourage nonsense.

Yes, it's true. We are using "thanks" both as reputation and also as a facebook-style "like". Perhaps this can be improved in the future.

Clean and crisp with an extra bit of snappy!

Great!

Indeed, site's the new skin interface has been excellent. But where the thanks buttons ?

Will be added soon. :D

About the changes... Where is the log-off?

Will be added soon.

On firefox i have to scroll to the right to see the Bar with Useful Links, Recommended Sites, etc. its not aligned with the blue box on top, on IE it shows ok for me.

This happens because of the "members who viewed this topic today" plugin on the footer of the site.

During the morning I've tried to confine it to a box with limited width but didn't worked. This bug only appears when a topic is mentioned on the newsletter and hundreds of registered members appear on the footer.

Under normal conditions, it works fine for all other topics where less than 20 names are mentioned.. :D

---

Thanks for the report, anything else you noticed?

#20 manolis287

manolis287

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

Great Look it's more easy to look at and i think it loads faster than before Excellent Job!!!!

#21 philbtusb

philbtusb
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

I'm using Firefox.
It's working fine for me.
As usual, very good job !!
Thanx.
:)

#22 Marietto

Marietto

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Computers,movies,read/write,talking about philosophy and religion.
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:40 PM

NuNO,WHAT ABOut the possibility to delete our own posts ?

#23 TheZeDD

TheZeDD

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Peace?
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

@NuNo

- My head also agrees with the upgraded color scheme

- IE8 currently gives me no issue (yet) as I had seen another user commented earlier in this thread

The most widespread issue I have with webpages... BRIGHT ARSE GHOST WHITE.... ugh...

Anyone ever tried working with a very light slate grey background? Its much nicer on the eyes then staring at pearly white all day :D

It use to be very easy to modify this setting in many browsers. Then the newer HTML coding and well... I forget all the hoo-roo of who set the standards and made it such. But you can no longer easily UN-render the ghost white background of webpages...

Chromium has a nice touch to it in a version of Linux I've used that allows you to do a quick one-key-touch color scheme change over. They call it X-Ray vision or something, it has a photography techie name, negative imaging? But it makes everything a black background and changes up the color schemes. It takes a little to get use to but its easier on the eyes. It too tho could use some adjustment :)

But the point is that its not that bright white sun-glaring background while trying to read little black letters

?

#24 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

Anyone ever tried working with a very light slate grey background? Its much nicer on the eyes then staring at pearly white all day :)

Of course NOT.

http://www.boot-land...?...12391&st=31
http://www.boot-land...?...12391&st=34
http://www.boot-land...?...12391&st=47

Obviously the recommendation for non-whitish/mattish turned out as "almost pure white" and "glossy". :D

:)
Wonko

#25 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:11 PM

New skin has some good features, eg speediness.

New skin is VERY glary, making it unusable for any length of time -- I'm back to using webber skin quick as a flash! Thanks for maintaining support for it Nuno.

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users