• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

if you have enough ram. winpe7 never bsod and everytime had seen my hdd in my experiences. embedded experiences can be seen from previous posts.

#27 gayjinn

gayjinn

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Belarus

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

vvurat, how about this? On my test laptops, W7e boots from USB with laptops made after 2009 (when W7e was released) and would BSOD or not boot with older models. The question is whether the system's stability may be related to features only found in newer hardware.

#28 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

ok. than sell it for $599 dollars for each from ebay. :clap: if it is so easy 2 pdf pages. we should close this forum also. everybody should use it. it is free to download as trial.

http://www.microsoft...A6-770023C07B92

#29 McR

McR
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

McR, here you go. :)

Thank you so much.
I have used xpe USB boot component substituted only one file and mod reg in normal xp, 2003 R2 to create a generic test OS to boot from USB to test all kind of customer systems with their intact OS inside.
It runs on all kinds of hardware configuration for many years without a glitch.
However, it is 32 bit only.
For 64 bit, I have to use USBoot method at USBoot.org to create a generic 64 usb-boot test image.

Now XP is older and hard to find driver.
Embedded windows 7 now have x86 and 64 bit.
I will do my own way since I see not much different in component I extract today and on the old day.
Your instruction will be a good reference since it works and it could save my time.

I have tried a lot of method and this is the best way.

Thank again,
MCR

Edited by McR, 24 March 2011 - 06:38 PM.

#30 gayjinn

gayjinn

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Belarus

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

McR, care to share your method in more detail? I'm also interested in creating a more compatible setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users