18 replies to this topic

#1 neelakantan

neelakantan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

( i think i earlier posted in a wrong forum in boot-cd site; moderator to check and remove the dual post; i believe this is the correct forum!)
hi
i recently came across livexp (dont ask why so late!); i used to have multiboot and PE (simple winpe1.5, (again dont ask where i got it!)

i used to use some bootcd and linux live cd; so i thought i will try out livexp;

when i tried to build using winbuilder-080 and also the recommmended project v888.rar, i get an error message in driver (mass storage section) regarding massstorage.inf should be in ,,,/plugin/.... directory with option to click ok;

i checked the folder and found the massstorage.inf file present in side the required directory

after the image is built, i booted the machine with livexp from usb ( i dont use cd) and i got the machine booted with no hardrive detected and no MMC registered ( so i could not check the device manager)

any ideas what is the error about?

(PS:
1) i saved the log, though i am not able to locate where it is!
2) when i boot the machine the checkboxes and drop list arrows, back etc are all having odd numbers!)
neelakantan

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

1) i saved the log, though i am not able to locate where it is!
2) when i boot the machine the checkboxes and drop list arrows, back etc are all having odd numbers!)

If you saved the log, log.html will be in your base directory (alongside winbuilder.exe). Explain 2), is this your host machine? Checkboxes in Winbuilder? Screenshot?

General advice,

Source should be untouched retail (not OEM):
xp-sp3-x86 (preffered)
xp-sp2-x86 (preffered)
xp-sp2-enu-x64

(in a pinch):
2k3-sp1-x86
2k3-sp2-x86
2k3-sp2-enu-x64

Base directory (and source) paths should be simple (no spaces or special characters) e.g. "C:\lxBuild".

Host OS it's built on shouldn't matter but if it's 64bit, give me some details so I can try to reproduce conditions for testing :dubbio:

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

( i think i earlier posted in a wrong forum in boot-cd site; moderator to check and remove the dual post; i believe this is the correct forum!)

I did not delete, but made unvisible for the standard user!

Welcome in our community!

Peter

#4 neelakantan

neelakantan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

@PSCEx
thanks for the action

@amalux:

a) i am not using oem; but a pure sp1 retail; sp2 is added by msi extract; sp3 is added again by extract.
though i have n-lited versions with dp i am not using them;

:dubbio: i am not seeing the html file (i did a search also); i have winbuilder, temp, project and target folders.

i did a rebuild to catch the error:

error:
unable to open file. MassStorage.inf should be located under \plugin\dirverpacks.net\ or \plugin\driverpacks.net\massstorage\ relative to createmassstoragescript.exe

this has a ok button to close this

then another small popup (event window) opens with messages: "trying to write..blah blah .sys" (because the pop up autocloses)

i checked for the createmassstoragescriprt.exe location:
E:\os\LiveXP\LiveXP_v888\Workbench\Common\DPs\MassStorage\decompression
(the project is run from E:\os\livexp\livexp_v888 folder)

the massstorage.inf is present:
E:\os\LiveXP\LiveXP_v888\Workbench\Common\DPs\MassStorage\decompression\plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage

thus in relation to the script file it is present in \plugin\Driverpakcs.net\massstorage\ folder.

after clicking ok it continues to build.

======================
this time i have saved the log file and opened the html to see if it reflects any error. though from little knowledge i have (little knowledge is always dangerous! ignorance is bliss), it appears that the error is essentially a warning.

more knowledgeable can see the log and let me know; i have zipped the 22 mb file to 327 kb and attaching it here
===========================

some technical info!

i am using a dual core compaq C785TU laptop with sata enabled for its 160 gb hard disk; it originally came with DOS and the vendor installed vista as compaq/hp support vista for this machine.

i however loaded the xp (sp2) and then added the sata drivers.

later i used the "driverpacks DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1006.7z" with sp3 for an unattended install (in another partition) which automatically loaded sata (iastor.sys and iastor4.sys)

also i have used Intels mass storage 7.8 drivers (iaachi.inf and iastor.sys) with winpe1.1 (sp1 version) winpe1.5 (sp2 version) and winpe1.6 (server 2003 sp1 version) by pointing to sata drivers in winpeoem.sif withoout touching the txtsetup.sif

in all these cases the SATA harddrive is properly detected;

the Laptop has an Intel® ICHM-E/M SATA HCI controller and device hwid is
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&SUBSYS_30D9103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&SUBSYS_30D9103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106

====================

after building the iso, i find the workbench and temp folders are still remaining. i find E:\os\LiveXP\LiveXP_v888\Workbench\Common\DPs\MassStorage
has dp file DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_901.7z

also E:\os\LiveXP\LiveXP_v888\Workbench\Common\DPs\MassStorage\ScriptFiles\common has the unextracted drivers iastor55.sy_, iastor70.sys_, iastor78.Sy_and iastor86.Sy_ .
i went through the txtsetup.sif and i dont find the hwid there nor scsi section mentions iastor.sys

hope the above information is useful for trouble shooting.
======
oops! i am not seeing any attachment options; how i attach the zipped html and the txtsetup.sif files?

neelakantan

#5 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

oops! i am not seeing any attachment options; how i attach the zipped html and the txtsetup.sif files?

People have trouble with this :hi: , below the text edit window, when replying to a post, you see the manage attachments options:
log0.png

Choose... opens a file dialog to choose attachment:
log1.png

Upload it:
log2.png

and select for addition to post:
log3.png

p.s. if you see a '417 - Expectation Failed', just hit back and forward buttons in browser :dubbio:

I need the log to see if you've made any changes from default download/setup; I'll run some tests to see if I can reproduce your error.

#6 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10544 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hi Amalux, members with less than 100 posts have the upload option disabled by default.

We had to do this in order to keep the forum database in shape.

A possible solution is using a temporary file host.

#7 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:12 PM

Hi Amalux, members with less than 100 posts have the upload option disabled by default.

We had to do this in order to keep the forum database in shape.

A possible solution is using a temporary file host.

Sorry neelakantan, I didn't know :dubbio:

MediaFire is free and works well for posting stuff.

#8 neelakantan

neelakantan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

thanks for the info;
i saw the insert special item (which gives a link) but of no use!

well, i believe the issue will be resolved before 100 posts;

i uploaded them in mediafire:
http://www.mediafire...y9qjrocksua4c5k
http://www.mediafire...zo668qd41bqwduv

the first is html in zipped condition and the second is txtsetup.sif

regards
neelakantan

Ps: another query; when i tried to build the massstorage script using the latest driverpack (ver 10.09) and when rebuilding the project it stops at that point, and after building the massstorage driver it doesnot continue to the end; one has to keep clicking for the next script and play that script; is it the normal behaviour or am i missing or messing something?

#9 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

when i tried to build using winbuilder-080 and also the recommmended project v888.rar, i get an error message in driver (mass storage section) regarding massstorage.inf should be in ,,,/plugin/.... directory with option to click ok;

Does it look like this? :hi:
dpmserr.png

Seems to be an issue in the recent official packages. Try one here, you should be fine :dubbio:

I'm still thinking there might be something wrong with your source...

i am not using oem; but a pure sp1 retail; sp2 is added by msi extract; sp3 is added again by extract.

I'm not sure about your 'msi extract' method, SP integration is normally done with:
WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe /integrate:C:\XPCD
or
C:\XPSP2\i386\update\update /s:C:\XPCD
Full instruction here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900871

If setup differently, please give exact details; if slipstreaming is not done correctly it will not work as a source for winbuilder.

#10 neelakantan

neelakantan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:15 AM

yes; precisely the error message is exactly as you wrote and screen shot matches.
this i have copied onto my second post
=======
error:
unable to open file. MassStorage.inf should be located under \plugin\dirverpacks.net\ or \plugin\driverpacks.net\massstorage\ relative to createmassstoragescript.exe
============
have you looked at the log? i hope so; is the sata driver istalled? is the official version expected to load sata drivers to detect the hdd?

as regards the "msi extraction" what i meant is integration option without istalling:
WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe /integrate:E:os\xp\XPSP1

i have gone through your newbie tutorial; i have used winbuilder080 recommended and winbuilder077rc2 recommended; i shall download and try the stable version lx77rc2cxw.exe and revert; is this build expected to autoload hddsata drivers?

i read in forum elsewhere that moving the project folder to a simpler directory (c: or E: rather than the complicted directory e:\os\livexp\livexp_v888\) avoided some file problems by reducing the length of directory path parsing. is this a similar issue?

when i boot to livexp directly from the usb (without going through grub4dos) i find the devicemanager is opening. and i find that the "show hidden devices" list the pci device as is "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2850" which is how it is listed under vista and not as PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829 which is how it is listed under xp.

the bottom line is the hdd sata device is not identified.

regards
neelakantan

#11 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

i shall download and try the stable version lx77rc2cxw.exe and revert; is this build expected to autoload hddsata drivers?

For testing, use the lx78sp6mtw build since it's lighter and builds faster etc. If it works and your hardware is recognized, be sure any of the other projects will work as well. All my projects use a different mass storage driver importer (DPs-Drivers_MSST) than the official downloads. This may help or not, it's unknown and will require trial and error on your part. There is a listing of all hardware supported in latest official DriverPack Mass Storage here and yours (Intel® ICHM-E/M SATA HCI) is not listed (but many similar). DPs-Drivers_MSST uses some unofficial, custom packages which may support your particular hw but may not, again, trial and error - no guarantees. In current projects (due for update soon) you'll find DPMS_wxp_x86-32_136_greg_b.7z, if this fails, try updated here and adjust accordingly in script interface. More downloads here (English trans here). You'll notice his friendly warning at top of page:
warn.png

i read in forum elsewhere that moving the project folder to a simpler directory (c: or E: rather than the complicted directory e:\os\livexp\livexp_v888\) avoided some file problems by reducing the length of directory path parsing. is this a similar issue?

No but this is always a good idea to avoid other issues.

when i boot to livexp directly from the usb (without going through grub4dos) i find the devicemanager is opening. and i find that the "show hidden devices" list the pci device as is "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2850" which is how it is listed under vista and not as PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829 which is how it is listed under xp.

In and of itself this isn't a problem, I've seen similar 'mis-matches' where the hw worked fine. If you can see the drive (partitions) in My Computer and access them (read/write data), it works!

In addition to DriverPacks and unofficial packs, the DPs-Drivers_MSST script also allows you to provide your own (unpacked) drivers, you can try backing up your host drivers with Smart Driver Backup (also in build) and supplying them at provided folder: "[lx78sp6mtw]\Workbench\Common\DPs\Custom_UnPacked" a.k.a. %GlobalTemplates%\DPs\Custom_UnPacked to see if they can be imported this way but remember, the drivers you want are for XP, not Vista/Win7 and you may not have these available on your host to backup. Check with manufacturers website or google for XP compatible drivers for your hw. Ex: Google

#12 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

@amalux,

Does it look like this? :)
Seems to be an issue in the recent official packages.

trying to make a detective work :) I only have some road ends ....
This does not happen here,
can you point other topics where this issue occurs, can you reproduce there ? (which hostos, which source)

@neelakantan
can you make following trial:
* extract livexp v888 to a new folder (ex: D:\test)
* start your build (to make faster builds you can disable all "Apps" scripts)
* After error occurs provide 3 files:
D:\test\Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\4 Storage\DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script
D:\test\Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\4 Storage\DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script
and log.html

Maybe this help to find out what is going on. Thanks in advance. :D

#13 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

trying to make a detective work :D I only have some road ends ....
This does not happen here,
can you point other topics where this issue occurs, can you reproduce there ? (which hostos, which source)

I've seen it before but didn't save details. I'll try to reproduce and post debug log :)

#14 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

I'll try to reproduce and post debug log :)

Thanks a lot, Do not forget other script files above :D

#15 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

OK, here's the two scripts you asked for from a build that displayed error (but then finished normally). Attached File  4_Storage.rar   249.81KB   184 downloads
No log (because not set to save automatically by default :) ) and this seems to be an intermittent issue, two new runs no error! I'll try a couple more to get log (if needed).

More info: Host=W7x64 Source=XPsp2x86

#16 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hi amalux,

thanks for report and detailed information,
mystery partially solved,
for now no log needed since neelakantan log confirms your result.
your second/3rd trials in fact fails :)....

For now I would advice LiveXP users who especially have hostos W7x64 use olegpov's DPs-MassStorageDrivers_MSST
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=7374

Reminding: one can also use olegpov's DPs-MassStorageDrivers_MSST with latest dps package

Thanks again :D

#17 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

Unfortunately, I currently have no way of really working out what the issue is as I don't have 64-bit hardware to test on.

Here's the section of the script which detects the location of MassStorage.inf and opens it for reading:

If FileExists&#40;@ScriptDir & &#39;\plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage.inf&#39;&#41; <> 0 Then

$file = FileOpen&#40;@ScriptDir & &#39;\plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage.inf&#39;, 0&#41;

ElseIf FileExists&#40;@ScriptDir & &#39;\plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage\MassStorage.inf&#39;&#41; <> 0 Then

$file = FileOpen&#40;@ScriptDir & &#39;\plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage\MassStorage.inf&#39;, 0&#41;

EndIf

If $file = -1 OR $file = &#34;&#34; Then

MsgBox&#40;0, &#34;Error&#34;, &#34;Unable to open file. MassStorage.inf should be located under \plugin\DriverPacks.net\ or \plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage\ relative to the location of CreateMassStorageScript.exe.&#34;&#41;

Exit

EndIf

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#18 neelakantan

neelakantan
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

@ amalux

For testing, use the lx78sp6mtw build since it's lighter and builds faster etc. If it works and your hardware is recognized, be sure any of the other projects will work as well.

before seeing your reply i used lx77rc2cxw and the build went smooth; i booted the machine (in fact i am using this now for this reply); it detected the sata hdd drive and all the partitions (it didnot show linux partition)

the device mgr still reports -after enabling hidden devicies- that PCI device is uninstalled.
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106

@ lancelot:
i did attempt the build from the root of a drive; this time i removed the applications option
the build stopped at storage driver and this time it halted after the error message
========aside start =====
while using cd-opera from x-drive, i believe the ram drive, freefilehosting using mediafire, uploading.com, or woofile.com faile d; but luckily yourfilelink.com works
===========aside over======
the files that you required are at:
http://www.yourfilel....php?fid=582533

@amalux:
in your build the partition manager has an yellow exclamation mark;

regards
neelakantan

though the following are not related to the issue of sata hdd i believe some explanation for clearer understanding of livexp;
1) " system properties" (under mycomputer properties) is listing this as windows xp sp2; should /can it not be reworded as livexp?
2) though normal keyreaders show the sytem OS as unknown and no PID or key, MITEC System information is listing this as windows xp 5.12600 with a unique key : (not shown here!) and a data of 1/1/1970; where from it has come?
regards
neelakantan

#19 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

@neelakantan

Thanks for files.

cd opera:
it is highly probably about the age of opera (v8)
there will be latest opera on next package along with v8,
check here: http://www.boot-land...showtopic=11915
a tip: using latest opera portable on cd (with fbwf) or ramdrive...... will work AFTER you start penetwork.

mass storage:
We need time to fix "Build DPS Mass Storage" , commandos are in the field :)

Meanwhile here is solution:
1)
after extracting a fresh livexp v888 package to an empty folder
go to 4 storage and disable "Build DPS Mass Storage"
Or
go to your current livexp v888 folder ,
go to 4 storage
you will notice "Build DPS Mass Storage" is not enabled :) since it was used at your previous build (causing failure) it set itself not used anymore, nothing to touch to him,
instead disable "DPs Mass Storage Drivers"
2)
add olegpov's DPs-MassStorageDrivers_MSST script to 4 storage folder
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=7374
olegpov use GregB packages, besides you can also use OIfficial DPS packages with too with this script too, read its topic which I am sure will help, ...

or (a direct shortcut to get DPs-MassStorageDrivers_MSST ready )
delete 4 storage folder of livexp v888 and copy 4 storage folder of amalux latest package to livexp v888 ...
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users