#1 latteforme

latteforme
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:03 AM

Hi,
I ran WinBuilder Version [080] and after the program had processed 83 scripts out of a total of 94 for about two and a quarter hours I encountered the following, as extracted from the log file:

Errors
(DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script) Run - Failed to find section [Process-XP] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\4 Storage\DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script]
Warnings
(DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script) Halt

I used a text editor to open the file DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script and the closest reference to section [Process-XP] read:

[Process-Drivers_XP]
Echo,"Copying XP DriverPacks Mass Storage Drivers..."
FileCopy,"%GlobalTemplates%\DPs\MassStorage\ScriptFiles\xp\*.*","%files_copy_to%"

Could the problem be due to the install program looking for section [Process-XP] while script file had the section titled [Process-Drivers_XP]?

If this is so, how can I make the necessary correction and how can I restart the process from the point where the install program halted and thereby complete the installation.

Thank you.

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

Hi latteforme,

because of the position where halt occur, it is not much possible to resume from there. DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script is a critical file created during build which seems a failure cause its creation.

Here I have [Process-XP] section in DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script

[Process-XP]
Echo,"Modifying TXTSETUP.SIF with XP DriverPacks Mass Storage driver entries - [SourceDisksFiles] section..."
IniWrite,"%target_win%\txtsetup.sif","Sour......................

Here is a fast (as much as possible) test for you to make:
* download LiveXP recommended package
http://galapo.net/li...ecommended.html
* extract to a new* basic folder (ex: C:\Live\)
* open winbuilder and unselect all "Apps" scripts (on left of wb interface, click green tick on "Apps")
+
* If build finishes with error, click log on wb interface (top middle) and click 'save as log.html' button which will appear at bottom, than pack (zip, rar, 7z etc.) and provide that log file.

good luck <_<

#3 latteforme

latteforme
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hi latteforme,

because of the position where halt occur, it is not much possible to resume from there. DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script is a critical file created during build which seems a failure cause its creation.

Here I have [Process-XP] section in DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script

Here is a fast (as much as possible) test for you to make:
* download LiveXP recommended package
http://galapo.net/li...ecommended.html
* extract to a new* basic folder (ex: C:\Live\)
* open winbuilder and unselect all "Apps" scripts (on left of wb interface, click green tick on "Apps")
+
* If build finishes with error, click log on wb interface (top middle) and click 'save as log.html' button which will appear at bottom, than pack (zip, rar, 7z etc.) and provide that log file.

good luck :cheers:

#4 latteforme

latteforme
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hi Lancelot,

Thanks for your quick response and apologies for the delay in replying to you.

What I did was to open the DPs-MassStorageDrivers.script file with Notepad and changed the line which read:
If,%OS%,Equal,"XP",Run,%ScriptFile%,Process-XP
to
If,%OS%,Equal,"XP",Run,%ScriptFile%,Process-Drivers_XP

I then ran WinBuilder again and the project was completed without a hitch and the LiveXP CD was produced.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users