2 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos_Cubed

Chaos_Cubed
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

Sorry to be such a tool but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to update the Avira Antivirus file in VISTAPE with a new version. I have the updated license and have read the thread from 2009 about how I should "replace the one in the script with that new one, it should work." However, it only seems to use the outdated version and I cannot figure out where it is getting it from.

I have tried to copy the hbedv.key file into the script folder, into the workbench AV folder, into the zip file Winbuilder downloads. I even tried to open hbedv.key in notepad and copy and paste the information into the avira.script files [EncodedFile-License-hbedv.key] section.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can provide.

Chaos.

#2 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

Sorry to be such a tool but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to update the Avira Antivirus file in VISTAPE with a new version. I have the updated license and have read the thread from 2009 about how I should "replace the one in the script with that new one, it should work." However, it only seems to use the outdated version and I cannot figure out where it is getting it from.

I have tried to copy the hbedv.key file into the script folder, into the workbench AV folder, into the zip file Winbuilder downloads. I even tried to open hbedv.key in notepad and copy and paste the information into the avira.script files [EncodedFile-License-hbedv.key] section.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can provide.

Chaos.

Here is what I do:
Start Winbuilder.exe
Go to Apps/Security/AntiVirus/Avira
Click “edit” go to “Attachments” > License > Delete hbedv.key
Click “Add” > add the new hbedv.key +Add > Start
Done

#3 Chaos_Cubed

Chaos_Cubed
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

Brilliant!!

I didn't even know you could do that as I've never been in that particular menu before.

Thanks!!!

Chaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users