Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:59 PM
Coming here and going over one tutorial after another.
I have YET to see ONE tutorial that is short and to the point.
NOT one gives you a list of ALL (repeat ALL) the files and things you need to accomplish this task in one place at the begining of the tutorial. There is allways a gotcha file that you need after getting so far. Then later another and so on.
A list of steps one by one without accronyms and buzz words and such would help too.
Just my two cents worth, and NO I have not tried the latest and greatess ones....
I am not a young man and I am not stupid either.... I have mainframe hardware credentials .
A slight shove in the right directions would be accepatable...
Thanks in advance to ANYONE that can put the hot spotlight on such a enlightening piece of work.
Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:24 PM
- Flashboot(Give a try to free version first)
- Novicorp WinToFlash
The first one has a pretty intuitive interface & a nice tutorial that makes ur task a lot easier
Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:52 PM
The console part of this utility is used in my nativeEx projects.
You can try:
- Download nativeEx_barebone, using the server "nativeex.barebone.exec-se.de" in WinBuilder's download center
- Define the source CD (recommended XP SP3, but other XP or W2003 should work, too)
- Navigate to PEFactory > Config > 6-Create Image > Create USB Stick
- Click "Search removable Drives"
- Define your "USB drive letter" in the combo box
- Navigate to PEFactory > PEFactory
- Change ComboBox "Create ISO" to "Create USB stick"
- Change ComboBox "Run ISO in ???" to "No Emulator"
- Build the project
Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:44 PM
If the idea is to run a "full" XP OS from a USB stick, it 's not as easy as it seems and definitely NOT on a Dell (since most Dells have - to say the least - peculiar hardware or behaviour), but it is perfectly possible. There are quite a few proven methods to do so, some easier, some more complex .
You may be not young and a great expert on mainframes all you want, but the fact that you posted an UNclear request in the "Tutorials" section (which is where Tutorials are posted):
The best place to post tutorials or quick guides that show how things can be done.
and NOT in the Tutorials-> Requests section:
Everyone has doubts when first starting to use something new. If you tried looking for the information you need inside all the other forums and found no good results then post your request for a good tutorial here or write your own guide to help others learn with your experience.
shows clearly that at least in the field of "Board navigation" you are pretty much a newbie.
Just for the record, the previous TWO answers (probably due to the "vague" kind of questions you asked ), are actually the answers to TWO possibly different questions, the one by Holmes.Sherlock answers the question:
With some slight nuances:
How can i make a USB stick bootable?
1. ... and make it boot a number of different OS bootloaders/bootmanagers and optionally install FROM it a XP/Vista/7, etc.
2. ... and ONLY install FROM it a XP
3. ... and ONLY boot from it a PE 1.x (that you have to pre-build separately
and the one by psc answers the question:
How can i make a USB stick bootable and build a minimal PE 1.x booting from it?
So, if you could better clear your question, we may be able to answer it properly (or the answer may have already been given ).
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users